HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Trade Deadline

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2011, 11:27 PM
timw33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmode View Post
Aren't both of these guys centers? Who would play the wing? Does Weiss play wing too? I don't see this deal happening, simply for positional reasons.
Weiss I'm pretty sure can play wing, we can make it work, I don't see why everyone gets so antsy about having TOO many centres. It's easier to move a C to W than W to C.

Weiss only makes 3.1M (.5M more than Raymond), and has 2 more years (Salary 4 and 4.1M), this is totally doable.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:28 PM
JamesBond*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartman View Post
I think it's DroptheSopel's Experiment in rumor spreading.
This is hilarious. Hilarious.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:28 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Weiss I'm pretty sure can play wing, we can make it work, I don't see why everyone gets so antsy about having TOO many centres. It's easier to move a C to W than W to C.

Weiss only makes 3.1M (.5M more than Raymond), and has 2 more years (Salary 4 and 4.1M), this is totally doable.
Kesler has played RW in the past and played very well down the stretch with Sundin.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Hal 9000*

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckmatch View Post
First of all, you "think" Hansen is ready to step up to the second line? So a Stanley Cup Contender is going to have an unproven top 6 forward? Jannik Hansen on the second line is a downgrade from Mason Raymond.

I don't doubt that the Canucks may move Mason Raymond, sure, it's a possibility, but for the package you describe, that's just terrible. He has much more value than that. He's proven he can score 25 goals in this league, is still young, and makes under 3 million dollars, he has MUCH more value than just Reasoner.

So let me get this straight, we don't only give up Raymond (a 25 year old, proven top 6 forward - yes, he's struggling - who makes under 3 mil a year for a 4th line center...PLUS we throw in a 2nd?

You've lost your marbles and THANK GOD you're not the GM of this team. The players you are targeting make sense, I agree we should be targeting Neil, Reasoner, etc. but you're value is SO far off it's not even funny. Stop making proposals.

People are only afraid of losing Raymond if you don't have a proven top 6 commodity coming back to replace him. Jannik Hansen is NOT a proven top 6 forward. The Canucks are a Stanley Cup Contender, you don't make downgrades to your top 6 forward group right before you head into the playoffs. It doesn't make sense.

You need to understand most of the tone here, if we deal Raymond for depth players, that doesn't work, nobody wants that. If we deal Raymond as part of a package for another top 6 forward who can replace him, and be an upgrade, then yes, I'm pretty sure any fan would be happy with that.
He makes 2.5$ mil., and has 10 goals this year. That's while playing second line minutes with Kesler and Samuelsson. He also gets PP time.

Hansen is very capable to step up with Kesler and Samuelssson.

Do you really think Raymond is a valuable commodity? I guess we'll see.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:31 PM
struckmatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
We'd have a 4th line centre and no 2nd line winger.
Exactly. Did you read my post?

I said yeah, sure, we may trade Mason Raymond, but not for depth players and definitely NOT unless we had an upgrade or replacement lined up as well.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Starting fake rumors is a no-no.

This is the only warning everyone gets.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Kmode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal 9000 View Post
He makes 2.5$ mil., and has 10 goals this year. That's while playing second line minutes with Kesler and Samuelsson. He also gets PP time.

Raymond IS a valuable commodity. A 25 year old who has speed and has proved he can play a top 6 role. He's on a decent contract for a few more years and probably has his best hockey ahead of him.

Hansen does not play LW, and has little to no finish. He is not a 2nd line player.

I agree Raymond is struggling, and I don't think his game compliments Kesler really, but you don't trade him away unless you get an upgrade in your top 6.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:36 PM
struckmatch

Quote:
What are you basing this on? Your hunch? Raymond has PROVEN he CAN score in this league. 25 goals. Hansen makes YOU FEEL LIKE he can score.

I'll take the proven commodity. Thanks very much.

Quote:
Once again, I don't doubt that he struggling, but if we DO move Mason Raymond it's because we will be getting a player who is a proven upgrade on him and is having a better season. You're not understanding what I am saying.

Why would we trade a second line winger and replace him with Jannik Hansen, who's proven NOTHING offensively in this league, not to mention, shown that he has no hands or finish on a regular basis?

Quote:
I don't think he is an extremely valuable commodity, but he has more value than a 4th line center.

In your other proposal, you suggested trading a young second line winger for a 34 year old 4th line center? All while playing Jannik Hansen, a third liner in this league at best, in our top 6 forward group while STILL somehow being a Stanley Cup Contender still?

Wow.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Edler Von Gud

Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
There is a rumour that the Canucks will make a move tomorrow. Details to come.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:38 PM
JBIZ14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Starting fake rumors is a no-no.

This is the only warning everyone gets.
Rumour is that Canucklehead is a hardass

E4

Excited to see what happens and unlike years in the not so distant past I trust our GM to do what is best for the team...I hate Raymond right now but I'm not sure I'm ready to give up on him just yet.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:41 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

With an almost guaranteed lock at a playoff spot, what player will Gillis add at the trade deadline..

Old
02-27-2011, 11:42 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal 9000 View Post

I think Raymond still has decent value. He's young, signed next year pretty cheap... $2.55 mil RFA after, still a 50 point guy even when he's playing like garbage, still one of the fastest players in the NHL.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZ14 View Post
Rumour is that Canucklehead is a hardass

E4

Excited to see what happens and unlike years in the not so distant past I trust our GM to do what is best for the team...I hate Raymond right now but I'm not sure I'm ready to give up on him just yet.
Only an E4? Give me a little credit...

I think we will see a minor deal for a 4th liner(Pelley-esque) and that's it.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Meganuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckmatch View Post
In your other proposal, you suggested trading a young second line winger for a 34 year old 4th line center? All while playing Jannik Hansen, a third liner in this league at best, in our top 6 forward group while STILL somehow being a Stanley Cup Contender still?

Wow.
It's clear that he has a hate on for Raymond for whatever reason and it clouds his judgement.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:50 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler Von Gud View Post
There is a rumour that the Canucks will make a move tomorrow. Details to come.
YA DON'T SAY BRAH!?

Old
02-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Eesh

Brad Boyes to Buf for a 2nd round pick!!!!! He would be a perfect linemate on the 2nd line with Kessler. I've wanted Brad Boyes in a Canuck uniform for YEARS, I never thought the blues would trade him.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Meganuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eesh View Post
Brad Boyes to Buf for a 2nd round pick!!!!! He would be a perfect linemate on the 2nd line with Kessler. I've wanted Brad Boyes in a Canuck uniform for YEARS, I never thought the blues would trade him.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:11 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eesh View Post
$4,000,000.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:12 AM
raygunpk
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Does anybody wish we had Brendan Morrison as our 4th line center? I was having a discussion with a friend about it, I disagreed.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:15 AM
David71

guess what time should a move be completed by? I say around 9:45 a.m to 10 a.m slot. and GO

Old
02-28-2011, 12:15 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Jeez, some people need to start taking this forum so seriously...We are all elitist armchair GM's?

Anywho

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochLink View Post
With an almost guaranteed lock at a playoff spot, what player will Gillis add at the trade deadline..
We are 1 point away from matching the season that brought Mike Gillis into the organization. My oh my how this team has changed.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:24 AM
Meganuck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygunpk View Post
Does anybody wish we had Brendan Morrison as our 4th line center? I was having a discussion with a friend about it, I disagreed.
I personally dont think so. My nostalgic side wanted him here.

His time has passed. This is a new group of players with different leadership and a different culture.

Bertuzzi, Naslund, Morrison, Jovo, Cloutier and the others had a shot at leading this team and couldnt meet expectations.

I'd rather not have any of those guys in the room anymore.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Is anyone planning on waking up at 5AM?

I'm considering it, never paid such close attention to a deadline day before. When do the deals usually start?

Old
02-28-2011, 12:26 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartman View Post
I personally dont think so. My nostalgic side wanted him here.

His time has passed. This is a new group of players with different leadership and a different culture.

Bertuzzi, Naslund, Morrison, Jovo, Cloutier and the others had a shot at leading this team and couldnt meet expectations.

I'd rather not have any of those guys in the room anymore.
Yeah Bolduc was clearly the right choice.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:32 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Is anyone planning on waking up at 5AM?

I'm considering it, never paid such close attention to a deadline day before. When do the deals usually start?
I'm also considering it, I think the flurry of trades start to take place at around 9 PT.

Closed Thread