HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2011, 12:26 PM
David71

vCash: 500
if reasoner doesnt fall to nucks. maybe cheaper guys rod pelly?

Old
02-25-2011, 12:27 PM
billvanseattle

Speaking of the Moose

I haven't been able to get into their web site for a week. Anyone else having that problem?

Old
02-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

^ The lack of experience is why he isn't the right choice atm.

There is an excellent replay of Backes' goal last night - besides the fact it was a firedrill (stop it at the 4 second mark - 3 Canucks one behind the other), Glass takes Shattenkirk moving down the right wing and pins him against the boards - Backes drops back to cover the point, Hodgson turns and skates to the front of Schneider. Stop it at the 9 second mark - 4 Canucks down low, Glass has somewhat lost his man Shattenkirk (the pass was originally intended for him), both Blues point men are wide open, Oreskovich is pretty low on the left side, Hodgson though is totally out of position to covre the point (Glass can't be in two places) and has completely forgotten about Backes who blasts it home from the top of the circle.

Edit: I can tell you one thing. that doesn't happen with Bliznak out there.

Pretty much why the 4th line got benched, IMO (though they could have benched Hodgson only, probably didn't want to make an example of him).

Oh and its Rome who turns it over in the 1st place - weak tape to tape pass to Stewart. Tanev was very passive too - didn't turn it over but didn't break up the play either. Putting those 5 out there together wasn't too smart.

I love when the cameraman turns to the Coach after a team gets scored on - AV was not impressed and immediately looks at the replay (and then proceeds to staple the 4th line to the bench).

Old
02-25-2011, 12:56 PM
JamesBond*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post

Pretty much why the 4th line got benched, IMO (though they could have benched Hodgson only, probably didn't want to make an example of him).

I love when the cameraman turns to the Coach after a team gets scored on - AV was not impressed and immediately looks at the replay (and then proceeds to staple the 4th line to the bench).
..........Hodgson is not a 4th line Centre. He needs to play in the top 6. Defensive zone coverage will never be the strong point of his game. I wonder if they could not put Hodgson out in Raymonds place a few times just to see how he does with real front line top 6 guys.

Old
02-25-2011, 01:00 PM
arsmaster

Quote:

There is an excellent replay of Backes' goal last night - besides the fact it was a firedrill (stop it at the 4 second mark - 3 Canucks one behind the other), Glass takes Shattenkirk moving down the right wing and pins him against the boards - Backes drops back to cover the point, Hodgson turns and skates to the front of Schneider. Stop it at the 9 second mark - 4 Canucks down low, Glass has somewhat lost his man Shattenkirk (the pass was originally intended for him), both Blues point men are wide open, Oreskovich is pretty low on the left side, Hodgson though is totally out of position to covre the point (Glass can't be in two places) and has completely forgotten about Backes who blasts it home from the top of the circle.

Oh and its Rome who turns it over in the 1st place - weak tape to tape pass to Stewart. Tanev was very passive too - didn't turn it over but didn't break up the play either. Putting those 5 out there together wasn't too smart.

Reading way too much into one shift and you failed to point out that Tanev and Rome were trapped out there and couldnt change, they were dog tired.....how long were they out there (you seem to have the whole play disected....i would be their were out there for 1:30).

All Rome had to do was ice the puck.....start from scratch, take a breather, and hopefully you scramble the draw and get the puck out for a line change.

You cant blame the forwards for the defensman being dog tired and not getting the puck out.....the collapsed to the net, its what you do when there is a breakdown in the zone.

Vigneault just doesnt use the 4th line in tight games, even when they were killing Phx in Hodgson's first call up, the 4th line only had around 9 minutes.

Old
02-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Reading way too much into one shift and you failed to point out that Tanev and Rome were trapped out there and couldnt change, they were dog tired.....how long were they out there (you seem to have the whole play disected....i would be their were out there for 1:30).

All Rome had to do was ice the puck.....start from scratch, take a breather, and hopefully you scramble the draw and get the puck out for a line change.

You cant blame the forwards for the defensman being dog tired and not getting the puck out.....the collapsed to the net, its what you do when there is a breakdown in the zone.

Vigneault just doesnt use the 4th line in tight games, even when they were killing Phx in Hodgson's first call up, the 4th line only had around 9 minutes.
Tanev and Rome were out for 1:14 on that shift (Backes goal).
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020913.HTM

Tanev had another shift of that length and a longer shift of 1:40. He had a shift of 1:04 when the Canucks scored in the third period (Malhotra goal). Tanev ended the night plus 1 as he was on the ice for the two ES Canucks goals.

Aaron Rome was wandering around in the defensive zone last night as if he were lost.

Old
02-25-2011, 01:29 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Tanev and Rome were out for 1:14 on that shift (Backes goal).
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020913.HTM

Tanev had another shift of that length and a longer shift of 1:40. He had a shift of 1:04 when the Canucks scored in the third period (Malhotra goal). Tanev ended the night plus 1 as he was on the ice for the two ES Canucks goals.

Aaron Rome was wandering around in the defensive zone last night as if he were lost.
Thanks for that. I appreciate the time it took to look that up.

Like I said before, if Rome would have just iced the puck....the 4th line wouldnt be getting any blame for that goal.

In their limited minutes last night they were excellent. You really couldnt expect more in 5 minutes of ice-time.

Plus, you have to think if Kesler shoots the puck instead of dropping it to Victor in the dying seconds of the 1st, Glass has an opportunity for a good chance, not to mention Oreskovich was absolutely flying to the net when he was caught off surprise by that pass.

Old
02-25-2011, 02:49 PM
struckmatch

I don't think Atlanta would do this but I would really like:

To Van:

Chris Thorburn $660,000
Anthony Stewart $632,500

To Atl:

Sergei Shirokov
Jeff Tambellini $500,000
3rd? 4th?

Then we can send Oreskovich down, Sweatt down when he's healthy...

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Kesler Samuelsson
Torres Malhotra Hansen
Stewart Thorburn Glass
x - Oreskovich, Hodgson

Edler Ehrhoff
Hamhuis Bieksa
Ballard Salo
X - Rome, Alberts, Tanev

Don't think Atlanta does this and not sure about the value, they probably don't have interest in Tambellini.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:08 PM
Jarko2004

I wouldn't trade Shirokov. He's going to be a player.

I'm still trying to figure out why he was taken off the Canucks 2nd line. The most baffling thing this season.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarko2004 View Post

I'm still trying to figure out why he was taken off the Canucks 2nd line. The most baffling thing this season.
IIRC, people got hurt and we had to use his roster spot to call up Sweatt.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
The Modfather

vCash: 50
^Not really...Shirokov looked like a light breeze could knock him over. Nice hands and good creativity, but zero strength and presence on the puck.

IMO if he is a player in this league, it will not be for the Canucks.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:11 PM
rebel diamond

Quote:

I read the play differently. There's no way Hodgson can get to the high slot to cover that man, he started from behind the net trying to support Rome's stupid puck decision. Oreskovich (the off-side winger) has to slid over when Glass pinches down on his man. It was not a great play by anyone involved but heaping the blame on Hodgson is misguided.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:20 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by billvanseattle View Post
I haven't been able to get into their web site for a week. Anyone else having that problem?
Uggh, yes. I find it loads faster if you use internet explorer. Chrome seems to have completely abandoned it.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Jarko2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
^Not really...Shirokov looked like a light breeze could knock him over. Nice hands and good creativity, but zero strength and presence on the puck.

"ZERO" strength and presence. That's quite a low number. I wonder if the Moose know their leading scorer is WORTHLESS. You must mean when compared to Raymond's tremendous strength and presence.

I thought Shirokov showed better cycling abilities, thinking ahead and moving to the open areas.

Kesler really needs to be thrown a bone at some point!

Old
02-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckmatch View Post
I don't think Atlanta would do this but I would really like:

To Van:

Chris Thorburn $660,000
Anthony Stewart $632,500

To Atl:

Sergei Shirokov
Jeff Tambellini $500,000
3rd? 4th?

Doubt they give up Stewart, Thorburn is your best bet, it would be nice to get him and a natural checking center with some decent skill.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:32 PM
struckmatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagee View Post
Doubt they give up Stewart, Thorburn is your best bet, it would be nice to get him and a natural checking center with some decent skill.
Yeah, Stewart has been a solid player for them this year. Can't see them moving him either.

Maybe Chris Thorburn and then Cody McCormick from Buffalo?

Old
02-25-2011, 03:35 PM
David71

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckmatch View Post
Yeah, Stewart has been a solid player for them this year. Can't see them moving him either.

Maybe Chris Thorburn and then Cody McCormick from Buffalo?
those 2 would be great additions. two big guys who can throw hits. it'll make the bottom 6 much stronger/bigger. and will be an pain in the butt for oppostions to play against. then the nucks wouldnt be called a "soft" team anymore

Old
02-25-2011, 03:38 PM
struckmatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
those 2 would be great additions. two big guys who can throw hits. it'll make the bottom 6 much stronger/bigger. and will be an pain in the butt for oppostions to play against. then the nucks wouldnt be called a "soft" team anymore
Thorburn makes around $660,000 and McCormick makes $500,000 so it would fit capwise as well.

Both of those guys for around the cap hit of Reasoner.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post

Zero presence on the puck but somehow managed, what, 5 scoring chances in 1 period? Scored a goal in only 2 games with 10:00 of icetime. Shirokov created as much in one period of play as the entire bottom 6 did over a 6 week stretch. Never mind the struggles of Mason Raymond.

How the hell did we get to the trade deadline without the Moose's 2nd leading scorer Bill Sweatt getting even 1 game at the NHL level to see where he's at? How did the Moose's best forward Shirokov get overlooked all season long? For all the turd sandwiches they've rotated through that 4th line it really is puzzling how the 2 guys who have shown the most at the pro level haven't been given an opportunity.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarko2004 View Post

Because he was not ready to play in the NHL.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:42 PM
alternate

can someone please explain to me why we haven't packaged Tambellini and Oberg (maybe a 4th as well) for a big, defensively responsible 4th line C who wins at least 55% of his draws, hits everything that moves, is a top PKer, has 40 goal upside and signed for at least next year at <$1.5m??

Let's go already Gillis!!!!

Old
02-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post
can someone please explain to me why we haven't packaged Tambellini and Oberg (maybe a 4th as well) for a big, defensively responsible 4th line C who wins at least 55% of his draws, hits everything that moves, is a top PKer, has 40 goal upside and signed for at least next year at <$1.5m??

I realize you were being sarcastic but cap space is tricky, Tambo is a UFA signing, Oberg can *sorta* play in the NHL and is on a 2-way contract and we'd likely need to add another forward

Oh yeah, I forgot the

Old
02-25-2011, 03:48 PM
LadyJet26
WHITEOUT

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Uggh, yes. I find it loads faster if you use internet explorer. Chrome seems to have completely abandoned it.
I've had no problems getting onto it and I use Chrome as well.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Catamarca Livin

Shirokov was our best player against Colorado, then was benched after average period against Anaheim. I do not know what the Canucks have in him, i do not imagine the Canucks know either. However, it is pretty certain unless they are trading Raymond in the off season there will be not be room for him to play here next year either. So if Shirokov can get you an asset that helps you in the playoffs, that would be a good deal. Stewart and Thornburn would be great pickups, i think Stewart might play to a certain demographic in Alanta so that might also be a factor keeping him there as well. Watch Housewives of Alanta if you want to see what i mean. Though i think Oreskovich is improving game to game so the Canucks might only need Thornburn anyways.

Old
02-25-2011, 03:49 PM
struckmatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post

First of all, the deadline is Monday at noon Pacific. If he acquires bottom six depth right now or at 11:59am on Monday, what's the difference?

Chill out.

Secondly, Oberg has little to no value, Tambellini could be in the same boat.

Closed Thread