HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top six forward to Phoenix

Old
02-24-2011, 01:49 PM
RStar*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz View Post
How is Andrei Kostitsyn crap?
Because I wouldn't take him for free on the Oilers? And the Oilers suck?

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:50 PM
OilersPride04

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave21 View Post
Yes and no. What I'm saying is this: We are looking for a top 6 forward, no question...but at what price? Remember, we are still owned by the league until the sale of this team is final once and for all. So, we can't pick up a hefty contract, rental or not. We also don't want to give away our core for a player who won't fit into the system. The system works for us and the players need to buy in. Keep in mind we traded Wolski because he wasn't buying in and picked up a solid defender. So, we got rid of the talented player in exchange for a need. That's my point.

If a guy doesn't fit our strict criteria, then we can't welcome him in our locker room, no matter how much he is viewed as an asset to "insert team here." We have a very different organizational structure and our current status should be proof. I'm all about "giving up something good to get something good," but we are not in that position right now. We are going to scrape the bottom of the bargain bin to find something that is unique to our situation because we can't afford to be anything else but bargain hunters. If we can manage to hit a home run and score a top 6 forward from a desperate team willing to dump salary, so be it.

I never said Turris was untouchable. He's part of the future of this team unless something comes down the pike that completely blows us away. I don't know how much you watch the Coyotes, but Turris doesn't get the ice time for a reason: He's too small and he's still not developed fully for the NHL. He needs more time to "cook" so to speak.

The main reason I mentioned Turris in my post is because everyone and their grandmother seems to think that we'll gladly trade him to any team for their garbage.

It's not going to happen.

If you want Turris (and a lot of posters here seem to think very highly of him) then make an offer that won't get you laughed out of the building. If we're going to trade an asset like Turris, we better get something damn good in return. We are not in a position to "sell" anything of value, so a team that truly wants to take a run at him, better have their aces lined up before even going into the room.
so what your saying is that our garbage ales hemsky whos almost a ppg player and taylor chorney whos still developing but has a bright futer is garbage ? yeah didnt think so either

OilersPride04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Beerfish

"Yes and no. What I'm saying is this: We are looking for a top 6 forward, no question...but at what price? Remember, we are still owned by the league until the sale of this team is final once and for all. So, we can't pick up a hefty contract, rental or not. We also don't want to give away our core for a player who won't fit into the system. The system works for us and the players need to buy in. Keep in mind we traded Wolski because he wasn't buying in and picked up a solid defender. So, we got rid of the talented player in exchange for a need. That's my point.

If a guy doesn't fit our strict criteria, then we can't welcome him in our locker room, no matter how much he is viewed as an asset to "insert team here." We have a very different organizational structure and our current status should be proof. I'm all about "giving up something good to get something good," but we are not in that position right now. We are going to scrape the bottom of the bargain bin to find something that is unique to our situation because we can't afford to be anything else but bargain hunters. If we can manage to hit a home run and score a top 6 forward from a desperate team willing to dump salary, so be it."

I won't dispute what you are saying except for the 'yes and no' bit. If you put pretty well all of your good assets as no goes in a trade you are not getting a top 6 forward unless you are willing to give up multiple picks. Your last sentence seemed to contradict other parts of your post though when you said you didn't want to take on contract but would be willing to take a salary dump from a desperate team.

If you want a cheap top 6 forward that teams are trying to dump you are going to take on significant contract dollars. Looking at cap geek you guys have a lot of players coming into RFA and UFA over the next couple of years so I don't think getting a Kovalev for a late rounder is in the cards.

If you don't want those potentially bad contracts you will have to pay for a top 6 forward with players and or picks.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:51 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
and 3 years ago andrei played on one of the most dangerous lines in the NHL, while the sabres couldn't give MacArthur away. anybody besides the leafs want him before this year? before you pull a limited portion of stats out of your ass, try looking at a bigger picture of the player

And 3 years ago Shawn Horcoff was an Allstar.

Horcoff for Gudbanson and a 1st!

Get real. Don't come in here brining up how AK was on one of the most dangerous lines in the NHL 3 years ago. Oh, and to clarify anyways, no, he wasn't. But it was 3 years ago so who the hell would care in the first place?

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilersPride04 View Post
so what your basically saying is you dont want a top 6 forward, and also i find it funny how dave tippet doesnt give the time kyle turris deserve which is about 11 to 14 minutes of ice time. And you called him a untouchable
Turris gets 12 minutes per game when he's in there and doesn't really do anything to even justify getting that much. Outside of the occasional game where he looks good he's mostly invisible on his better nights and falling/getting pushed to the ice and causing scoring chances against us the rest of the time. His one attribute this season is his shot and he should be using that more. Not giving up on the guy but he has been far from impressive this year.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:56 PM
SouvenirCity

Could see Turris swapped to a competitor for another center. Not a huge fan of the Belanger/Ebbett power duo, and Turris seems to have taken out a second mortgage on Tippett's doghouse. Turris + a pick to St. Louis for A-Mac?

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave21 View Post
Yes and no. What I'm saying is this: We are looking for a top 6 forward, no question...but at what price? Remember, we are still owned by the league until the sale of this team is final once and for all. So, we can't pick up a hefty contract, rental or not. We also don't want to give away our core for a player who won't fit into the system. The system works for us and the players need to buy in. Keep in mind we traded Wolski because he wasn't buying in and picked up a solid defender. So, we got rid of the talented player in exchange for a need. That's my point.

If a guy doesn't fit our strict criteria, then we can't welcome him in our locker room, no matter how much he is viewed as an asset to "insert team here." We have a very different organizational structure and our current status should be proof. I'm all about "giving up something good to get something good," but we are not in that position right now. We are going to scrape the bottom of the bargain bin to find something that is unique to our situation because we can't afford to be anything else but bargain hunters. If we can manage to hit a home run and score a top 6 forward from a desperate team willing to dump salary, so be it.

I never said Turris was untouchable. He's part of the future of this team unless something comes down the pike that completely blows us away. I don't know how much you watch the Coyotes, but Turris doesn't get the ice time for a reason: He's too small and he's still not developed fully for the NHL. He needs more time to "cook" so to speak.

The main reason I mentioned Turris in my post is because everyone and their grandmother seems to think that we'll gladly trade him to any team for their garbage.

It's not going to happen.

If you want Turris (and a lot of posters here seem to think very highly of him) then make an offer that won't get you laughed out of the building. If we're going to trade an asset like Turris, we better get something damn good in return. We are not in a position to "sell" anything of value, so a team that truly wants to take a run at him, better have their aces lined up before even going into the room.
Yes you did. Post 61 - Turris NO. What'l it be?

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:17 PM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
If Versteeg can land a 1st and a 3rd round draft picks, Kostitsyn can land a prospect and/or 1st round draft pick.
Not sure where your from, but Kostytsin is nowhere near the value off Versteeg and you probably couldnt get a prospect OR a 1st for him.

LeafsFan2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 05:15 PM
OilersPride04

i personally think that kyle turris wont fit into "tippets system" so why not trade him now and get some value before its to late

Old
02-24-2011, 05:34 PM
jmichael7753

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
Not a credible source:
"http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phx110223.html"
'nuff said
umm this site it pretty credible actually. They all know what they are talking about there as they are in constant contact with the likes of Dreger, shorthouse ect..

jmichael7753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:08 PM
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver

Before you guys make anymore offers including Jovanovski, he's out for the rest of the Regular season. Second I think Stempniak and Upshall could be moved if they were packaged with a prospect plus picks for an upgrade.

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichael7753 View Post
umm this site it pretty credible actually. They all know what they are talking about there as they are in constant contact with the likes of Dreger, shorthouse ect..
TFP is the second worst site after eklund.

Devils Trap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:15 PM
OilersPride04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevsFan7545 View Post
TFP is the second worst site after eklund.
im curious what are the top 10 good sites

Old
02-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Smif

MacArthur could be a good fit with their young squad, also comes cheap at 1.2 million this year so that's what, 400k left?

Smif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
Could see Turris swapped to a competitor for another center. Not a huge fan of the Belanger/Ebbett power duo, and Turris seems to have taken out a second mortgage on Tippett's doghouse. Turris + a pick to St. Louis for A-Mac?
I really like A-Mac, it would probably have to be Turrs+pick for A-Mac+pick. Not sure it would be done though, Turris is so young and has so much potential. A-Mac might be too old for this exchange... he's 33 right (i really don't know)?

Magnifique is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:01 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
so what your saying is that our garbage ales hemsky whos almost a ppg player and taylor chorney whos still developing but has a bright futer is garbage ? yeah didnt think so either
No.

I was referring to the original post to open the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
I won't dispute what you are saying except for the 'yes and no' bit. If you put pretty well all of your good assets as no goes in a trade you are not getting a top 6 forward unless you are willing to give up multiple picks. Your last sentence seemed to contradict other parts of your post though when you said you didn't want to take on contract but would be willing to take a salary dump from a desperate team.
You're right. We are more willing to move picks with certain players in order to get a guy in that fits our needs. That doesn't mean a package of another teams' cast offs for one of our top 5 prospects in the system plus high picks is going to work.

Also, a salary dump for one team does not necessarily mean taking on a "bad" or big contract for another. Try to see it from our position; We are a club owned by the league still without a true owner and an air tight budget. We have to toe the line on just about every move we make unlike a lot of other teams. If we had an owner where money wasn't an issue, then it would be a different story.

Think about it from your own perspective for a moment. You have a tight budget so you can't allow yourself certain luxuries that others enjoy. Instead of getting that BMW, Honda Accord, etc, you can only afford a Hyundai. I'm not putting down Hyundai cars by any means, they are great cars. However, sometimes that's all someone can afford on a tight budget in difficult times. Generic brands replace brand names and so on. It's the same thing with our team. We want the best, but we can't afford it at this point and time. Heck we grabbed our starting goalie from waivers by pure luck, so to say that it's impossible to get certain high to medium caliber player for a pick or two is not feasible in the NHL is an incorrect assumption. Look up and down our roster to see other examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
If you want a cheap top 6 forward that teams are trying to dump you are going to take on significant contract dollars. Looking at cap geek you guys have a lot of players coming into RFA and UFA over the next couple of years so I don't think getting a Kovalev for a late rounder is in the cards.

If you don't want those potentially bad contracts you will have to pay for a top 6 forward with players and or picks.
I bet someone is eating crow right now huh?

Senators Trade Kovalev for conditional 7th round pick

I'm not picking on you or being mean. It just goes to show that these things do happen in the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoy Oilers View Post
Yes you did. Post 61 - Turris NO. What'l it be?
I was saying "no" to proposals with Turris plus for another teams' garbage. Turris is not untouchable in the sense that if an offer comes along that blows us away we would pull the trigger. However, he is still the future of this franchise until further notice.

Quote:
i personally think that kyle turris wont fit into "tippets system" so why not trade him now and get some value before its to late
Well opinions are like a-holes...

SuperDave21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:02 PM
SuperDave21
Hockey Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
MacArthur could be a good fit with their young squad, also comes cheap at 1.2 million this year so that's what, 400k left?
Now we're talking! What would it take do you think?

SuperDave21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
im curious what are the top 10 good sites
TSN, is all u need

Devils Trap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Arnott?

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 09:31 PM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
disagree, teams with lots of cap space could have a use for him. He only has one season of being overpaid left than his actual salary drops to a much more respectable 5.5 and 4.5. Not nearly as nauseating of an amount. To teams who know they are not going to be near the cap that's not so bad.
A teamwth no owner doesnt need a 30 pt player for 3 more years when their salary cap is 50 mil.

Quote:
TO EDM:
kyle turris
brandon gormley
2nd round pick conditnal (if both hemsky and reddox sighned it turns into a first or if phonix win it in the western confrence finals)

TO PHX:
Ales hemsky
liam reddox
Taylor chorney or ryan jones
????
so...

Turris + Gormley

for

Hemsky + Chorney

Reddox is useless and cant hold a job with the Oilers.

Still think the Coyotes say no and take a chance on Turris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Booth for MacLean/Tikhonov, 2nd and a salary dump?
I'd do it in a heart beat

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 10:16 PM
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys

If he'd waive his NTC I think Turris for Weiss makes sense for both sides.

94eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 10:33 PM
big ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
Because I wouldn't take him for free on the Oilers? And the Oilers suck?
This coming from the big city of Red Neck.A true flame fan,here are your directions to the cattledome ,south till you smell it ,west till you step in it.Now time for bed redneck.

big ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 10:44 PM
Breakfast of Champs

If phx is smart they wont move gormley regardless, IMO this guy is gonna be one of the best D in the nhl for many years, but being a habs fan i would be ecstatic if he somehow landed in mtl

Breakfast of Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:14 PM
DiXEN8

Dreger just mentionned at OTR that Weiss might have been traded... maybe to PHX

DiXEN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Rafters

Quote: