HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top six forward to Phoenix

Old
02-24-2011, 11:23 PM
ducky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosemonkeys View Post
If he'd waive his NTC I think Turris for Weiss makes sense for both sides.
While I still have high hopes for Turris I would be ok with that deal. Turris has higher upside but may never be as good as Weiss.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:21 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Everytime I hear Turris mentioned in a trade I think of that guy that was "too small" that tears it up for the Flyers now...

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:26 AM
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoAZ View Post
Everytime I hear Turris mentioned in a trade I think of that guy that was "too small" that tears it up for the Flyers now...
Yeah, Lets not forget that Turris has more goals than Belanger and Fiddler despite plays a lot less. He's only 1 behind Whitney, 3 behind Korpikoski, and only 6 away from leading the team. Giving up on Turris will be a huge mistake IMO.

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 05:26 AM
Jimmy Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Let's break this down:

Scott Gomez is an overpaid player that is not producing like a top six centre and needs to go dollar for dollar and for an aging player in return, so:

To Phoenix: Scott Gomez
To Montreal: Ed Jovanovski
Am I missing something? I thought Gomez was overpaid garbage? Why would Yotes trade Jovocop for him, even with their respective cap & contract situations?

If they want to take salary back (which based on their current financial situation, I'm not sure they do) don't they go for someone who is vaguely worth it, instead of someone who earns loads and adds nothing?

Just curious.........

Jimmy Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 05:37 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

This has nothing to do with trying to make a cup run this year and everything to do with keeping Ilya Bryzgalov. He's certainly going to be more likely to re-sign if they have another solid forward. Realistically though, they need another goal scorer either way.

I also have to wonder if they won't be willing to part with one of Boedker/Turris/Tikhonov/MacLean if they see the right deal come along.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 07:33 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
This has nothing to do with trying to make a cup run this year and everything to do with keeping Ilya Bryzgalov. He's certainly going to be more likely to re-sign if they have another solid forward. Realistically though, they need another goal scorer either way.

I also have to wonder if they won't be willing to part with one of Boedker/Turris/Tikhonov/MacLean if they see the right deal come along.
Now I might be wrong, but, I believe MacLean and Tikhonov do not make the roster next year they will have to go through waivers to play in the AHL. So, unless management belives they can make the team next year, they might be trade bait to upgrade the team.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 07:37 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Now I might be wrong, but, I believe MacLean and Tikhonov do not make the roster next year they will have to go through waivers to play in the AHL. So, unless management belives they can make the team next year, they might be trade bait to upgrade the team.
I believe, good sir, that you are right. The clock on them is ticking...

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Kaibur

Quote:
I doubt there's any way that Tippett plays that many young forwards. And of the four of them, I'm most comfortable parting with Tikhonov. On top of it, the Yotes have quite a few picks for the upcoming draft and a pretty well stacked farm system. Maloney made some pretty good and affordable deals with late round picks last year.

Kaibur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:51 AM
CitizenCoyote

Quote:
I'm probably wrong with my math, but I think MacLean signed his entry level contract in 2008, when he was 19. He has played 3 years, so I think he has one more year with a waiver exemption. Tikhinov played more than 11 games 3 years ago, so his exemption will be over.

Exemptions for Boedker and Turris both expire this year. Schlemko too, I think. So, the Yotes are going to have be putting some players on waivers next year if not traded, but I do think MacLean is safe for one more year.

CitizenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 09:30 AM
angry pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Villa View Post
Am I missing something? I thought Gomez was overpaid garbage? Why would Yotes trade Jovocop for him, even with their respective cap & contract situations?

If they want to take salary back (which based on their current financial situation, I'm not sure they do) don't they go for someone who is vaguely worth it, instead of someone who earns loads and adds nothing?

Just curious.........
I won't disagree that Gomez is overpaid. But I will stop short of calling him garbage. As I have said before, After next year Gomez starts earning a salary much more appropriate to his worth. Gomez is on a down year, but I still believe him to be a 55-60 Point player. A very good second line Center who controls the puck well, breaks out well, and can gain the offensive zone among the best of them.

angry pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:12 AM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by big ape View Post
This coming from the big city of Red Neck.A true flame fan,here are your directions to the cattledome ,south till you smell it ,west till you step in it.Now time for bed redneck.
Yea, I'm clearly an Oiler fan.

Sorry you started crying when I said we suck though. It sound like your feelings were hurt.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote