HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2011 Trade Deadline Day Thread

Old
02-25-2011, 11:21 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
I wouldn't push my luck with Stastny.

I just want Schenn for Gaborik.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Dagoon had the Kovalchuk trade to a "T" about two weeks before it went down/was reported by other sources.

He also had the Calgary trade before as well.

This I know for a fact. Somethings he said have not come true, but that goes for every person that reports rumors (See Dreger/RDS yesterday with the whole Weiss thing).

Granted that Dreger is as reliable as they come, just using it as an example.
He had the basis of it, not to a T. He messed up Cormier and Palmiere and didnt get Salmelia back to NJ. But the point is... yes he did call it way before any one else.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:24 AM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by howztheglass View Post
Living in the fantasy world for a minute can you imagine if the last 2 trade that have been proposed really did happen,

Lets say The Ranger's do get Stastny and Liles from Col.

Let's say for

AA
MDZ
V-Tank/Kund
Haglin/Grachev
Johnson
Drury(oh course for cap reason)
1st round pick in 2011.

and then Sather deals off Gabby,

for

Schenn
Simmonds
Lokitionov/Voynov

We would roll with a team built something like this,

Dubi-Stastny-Cally
WW-Stepan-MZA
Prospal-Schenn-Simmonds
Feds-Boyle-Prust
Avery

Staal-Girardi
Mcd-Sauer
Liles-Voynov/V-Tank/Kund

Fantasy oh course but this team would be built for years to come.

Just do Sather--Dolan said so.
That would be incredible C depth, however, essentially with being weak on the wings, NYR would look like Pittsburgh. Only except a healthy Crosby/Malkin/Staal is better, at least right now.

I'd still do it in a heartbeat though.

rip
DMPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:25 AM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
What do you guys think about sturm?
Not what the team needs.

DMPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:25 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
It is really nothing if you are going to give Richards the around the same contract dollar amount that Stastny has.

If they want to make the move during the season VS during the offseason, that's different. It would be easier to make the deal in the offseason because there would be more cap space.

The assets required to make the deal does stink, but look at the player you are getting. Anisimov more then likely will never get to the point where Stastny is right now, at age 25. Stastny more then likely is going to get even better. Same can be said for Stepan, albeit I think Stepan has a much better shot at getting to Stastny's level then Anisimov.

Many people on these boards want a #1 center. Sather/posters on here want to add to this teams young core. This team has the assets they can afford to move in a deal for a player like Stastny. Honestly, the only people I don't move in a deal for Stastny are Lundqvist and Staal. Rather not move Callahan, Dubinsky, or Stepan. I'd move Stepan in a deal for Stastny, though.

I'd be less likely to want to trade for Stastny if Richards didn't get that concussion. I'd say hey, lets wait until Jul 1st to get Richards and only give up cap space. Now this could be an issue or a risk. Once you get that first concussion, it's very easy to get another one. That combined with is age and the amount of money this team is going to invest in him, could be dangerous.

I highly doubt that Stastny is even available, so this probably doesn't even matter. If I was faced with signing Richards given the current conditions VS dealing for Stastny (If avaiable) i'd more then likely pull the trigger on a trade for Stastny (Again, depending on who they are asking for).
I'm ok with acquiring either player. I recognize the huge importance of making this move. And I'm not altogether against trading for that guy right now. But given the choice of moving Dubinsky, Stepan, Staal or Kreider to get the guy now and waiting until July 1 to get the guy for a new contract, I'm going to wait until July 1. If the price is Anisimov and Sauer/McDonagh/MacIlrath/Del Zotto... I'm willing to make that move. I'm willing to part with our 1st round pick. I'm not sure what combo and all of that, but I see the value in moving now as opposed on July 1st.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:28 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I'd claim him on re-entry if he makes it that far.
I mean since the 2000 season, every season he has been healthy for more then 50 games, he's scored at least 20 goals (7 seasons). Just recently he's been hurt constantly.

May be Los Angeles is making room for Gaborik's salary!?!? lol

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:31 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
I'm ok with acquiring either player. I recognize the huge importance of making this move. And I'm not altogether against trading for that guy right now. But given the choice of moving Dubinsky, Stepan, Staal or Kreider to get the guy now and waiting until July 1 to get the guy for a new contract, I'm going to wait until July 1. If the price is Anisimov and Sauer/McDonagh/MacIlrath/Del Zotto... I'm willing to make that move. I'm willing to part with our 1st round pick. I'm not sure what combo and all of that, but I see the value in moving now as opposed on July 1st.
As it stands right now, I wouldn't move anything for Richards. Too many question marks regarding his concussion. It's great that he went for a light skate yesterday, but he didn't make any comments as to how he felt. I may be looking too much into things, but that is not a good thing. Usually if you feel good, you'd come out and say it just about right after you get off the ice.

I would move assets Stepan or Kreider + for Stastny in a heart beat.

Old
02-25-2011, 11:35 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Apparently the Rangers have had scouts at the last few Wild games, according to Eklund at least.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/

Thrashers could be on the verge of a blockbuster type trade:

Quote:
Thrashers GM Rick Dudley says there still might be a significant deal out there for him in the short window between now and the deadline
http://twitter.com/real_espnlebrun

Old
02-25-2011, 11:38 AM
NYR Viper

Why has no one brought up the fact that Stastny has some injury concerns too?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:38 AM
howztheglass

Quote:
Living in the fantasy world for a minute can you imagine if the last 2 trade that have been proposed really did happen,

Lets say The Ranger's do get Stastny and Liles from Col.

Let's say for

AA
MDZ
V-Tank/Kund
Haglin/Grachev
Johnson
Drury(oh course for cap reason)
1st round pick in 2011.

and then Sather deals off Gabby,

for

Schenn
Simmonds
Lokitionov/Voynov

We would roll with a team built something like this,

Dubi-Stastny-Cally
WW-Stepan-MZA
Prospal-Schenn-Simmonds
Feds-Boyle-Prust
Avery

Staal-Girardi
Mcd-Sauer
Liles-Voynov/V-Tank/Kund

Fantasy oh course but this team would be built for years to come.

Just do Sather--Dolan said so.
Maybe the second part of my little fantasy is coming true with LA putting Sturm on waivers.

Now if only the voices would go away!!!

howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:55 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
As it stands right now, I wouldn't move anything for Richards. Too many question marks regarding his concussion. It's great that he went for a light skate yesterday, but he didn't make any comments as to how he felt. I may be looking too much into things, but that is not a good thing. Usually if you feel good, you'd come out and say it just about right after you get off the ice.

I would move assets Stepan or Kreider + for Stastny in a heart beat.
That cap hit for Stastny is tough to pony up for. IF the Avs are moving him, it's a money move. I'm not paying a premium for that kind of trade. Maybe if they had us over a barrel, if we didn't have options I would consider it. But I'm keeping Stepan and Kreider and just focusing on the Richards signing if that is the price on Stastny.

I think people are worrying too much about Richards. It's warrented to be reluctant to move assets considering his injury, but he's coming back. He'll be a great UFA signing. He'll perform just like he always has. It's so rare to get blasted once and never return to form.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:09 PM
UAGoalieGuy

D-man Alexander Sulzer has been traded to the Panthers from the Predators for a conditional 5th round pick.

http://twitter.com/RealKyper

Guess that means a d-man is leaving Florida soon, more then likely.

Old
02-25-2011, 12:17 PM
howztheglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
What cap space? You keep saying this, and it just isn't true. We only have cap space because of the bonus cushion. We don't want to use it. We have about 3 mil in bonuses due. You want to defer all of that to next year? Say goodbye to any thought of Brad Richards.
I'm not saying I know it all but does anyone know if the Ranger's have put Frolov on LTIR.

After adding all the player salary's together I seem to come up with appox 3.4 million in cap space for this year and that's not including Drury on LTIR.

Maybe I'm missing something GagLine--like I said is it possible he wasn't put on LTIR and that's where I'm missing the amount.

Old
02-25-2011, 12:18 PM
howztheglass

Quote:
D-man Alexander Sulzer has been traded to the Panthers from the Predators for a conditional 5th round pick.

http://twitter.com/RealKyper

Guess that means a d-man is leaving Florida soon, more then likely.
Well like it or not looks like McCabe is on his way to N.Y.

Old
02-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

no interest in Liles...

honestly none of the names thrown out there interest me outside of Stastny and Richards.

i dont htink D is as big a problem as everyone else here. i think our problem is offense.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:23 PM
howztheglass

Quote:
I'm not saying I know it all but does anyone know if the Ranger's have put Frolov on LTIR.

After adding all the player salary's together I seem to come up with appox 3.4 million in cap space for this year and that's not including Drury on LTIR.

Maybe I'm missing something GagLine--like I said is it possible he wasn't put on LTIR and that's where I'm missing the amount.
Never mind I just found it you are correct I thought that the salary cap was a different amount.We only have appox 700,000.00 available.

Old
02-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Never mind I just found it you are correct I thought that the salary cap was a different amount.We only have appox 700,000.00 available.
Closer to 2.25m

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:35 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
me thinks so. Also means if there is a deal we did'nt dump Gilroy on them. blah

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:36 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Capgeek's daily tracker has the breakdown of what we've spent to date:

http://www.capgeek.com/tracker/team....ate=2011-02-25

Frolov has not been placed on LTIR, and even if he had been, he'd still count against the cap. LTIR doesn't remove the cap hit, it just allows you to replace the player, even if it means exceeding the salary cap.

Putting Frolov on LTIR retroactive to when he got hurt would give us about 1.5 mil in LTIR credits, but we are more than 1.5 below the cap, so we wouldn't see any benefit. The "savings" are added to the teams actual cap number, not the salary cap ceiling.

The bonuses are really what are killing us. If it wasn't for those, it would be a lot simpler. We need to save cap space to pay them off or they will roll over into 2011.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:39 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
Closer to 2.25m
That's if we use the bonus cushion, as I explained earlier. If we don't want to use the bonus cushion, then we're about 800k in the hole, assuming all the bonuses are earned.

Old
02-25-2011, 12:39 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Capgeek's daily tracker has the breakdown of what we've spent to date:

http://www.capgeek.com/tracker/team....ate=2011-02-25

Frolov has not been placed on LTIR, and even if he had been, he'd still count against the cap. LTIR doesn't remove the cap hit, it just allows you to replace the player, even if it means exceeding the salary cap.

Putting Frolov on LTIR retroactive to when he got hurt would give us about 1.5 mil in LTIR credits, but we are more than 1.5 below the cap, so we wouldn't see any benefit. The "savings" are added to the teams actual cap number, not the salary cap ceiling.

The bonuses are really what are killing us. If it wasn't for those, it would be a lot simpler. We need to save cap space to pay them off or they will roll over into 2011.
Once the bonuses kick in (e.g. after Prospal skates tonight), does the scenario change? In other words, do we suddenly get the ability to use the LTIR over and above the salary plus bonus numbers? Or do the bonuses automatically push to next year when we add salary?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
That's if we use the bonus cushion, as I explained earlier. If we don't want to use the bonus cushion, then we're about 800k in the hole, assuming all the bonuses are earned.
Prospal's bonus will kick in after this game correct?

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:49 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Once the bonuses kick in (e.g. after Prospal skates tonight), does the scenario change? In other words, do we suddenly get the ability to use the LTIR over and above the salary plus bonus numbers? Or do the bonuses automatically push to next year when we add salary?
I don't think so, but I'm not entirely sure.

It's also possible that many of the other bonuses won't be earned. We don't know the conditions that trigger those bonuses. I'm not that worried about it though. Whatever the Rangers do, I'm sure they have this in mind. They must know which bonuses will be earned and which will not.

Of course, capgeek only shows the bonuses for players currently on the roster. Both Weise and Grachev have bonuses as well, though I doubt either would earn them based on their limited play time.

Lol, talking about this stuff makes my head hurt. I've read through the CBA a few times on this stuff, but it's complicated. We won't really know for sure until the offseason how much gets rolled over, if any.

Old
02-25-2011, 12:50 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
Prospal's bonus will kick in after this game correct?
Yes. RangerBoy reported that Prospal's bonus is for 10 games played.

Old
02-25-2011, 12:52 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Doesn't he have to waive his NTC first? Sounds like he has something to say about whether this goes down.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote