HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which UFA makes the most sense in Ottawa?

Closed Thread

Old
07-03-2004, 11:54 AM
punkorama

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS_FAN_09
I heard from someone that Knuble will probably stay in Boston while Glen Murray goes. So its unlikely we'll land him.

From what i hear Detroit is seriously talking with Knuble and Mike said he would be excited to sign with detroit. Doesn't mean he will, but

I think Knuble is overrated, but he does play up to who he is playing with. so on any line he will be playing with a stud RW. Think he would be great in a Sens Uni.

Zhitnik would also be a great signing, kinda doubt it happens though, gut feeling.

Why is Demitra so far down on everyone's list of UFA to fit this team? Is it just his contract or is it something else?

Not sure on Kariya. True he is a LW, but i dont think he'll be worth the money. Course a 3rd line of Kariya-Fisher-Havlat does sound enticing

Conroy, Great defense, average offense, good leader. Would be a good signing, if we lock him up for a few years. Let him center #1 this year keeping Spezza with a little less pressure centering #2 line. Next year Speazza takes over as #1 center and we have Conroy in his actual role as #2(or #3 is Fisher really breaks thru this year)

Shanny and Allison, both would be guys i might like to see come to Ottawa. Both at big pay cuts, not sure either one would. also not sure about Allison's health but if he gets back to 3 years ago it would be a steal.

Rolston, love the guy. Great Pker and defensive forward. Doesn't fit on this team. . #3 center, we already have Fisher who i think is worth more there than Rolston.

Mike Ricci, see Rolston

Alexei Zhitnik and Mathew Schneider. Both would be great guys in Ottawa. Don't think we'll get either though

Just my thoughts

Old
07-03-2004, 12:14 PM
Tap on the Ankle
Nobody remembers No2

I posted a message at the Bs board and the guys there told me the same thing - Detroit is interested in Knuble, but since Murray is likely going, Boston may want him back. But that shouldn't stop the Sens from at least making an offer.

Out of the free agents left, he makes the most sense. It gives us the size and grit we've always lacked up front, while not slowing down our offense. Right now, he is probably the grittiest player available through free agency that can play top line minutes. Plus, he is probably seeking something in the $2-3 million range, a price that the Sens could handle.

Knuble makes the most sense for Ottawa at this point, but my bet is that Mucks goes after a soft goalscorer like Kariya or Palffy instead :mad:

Old
07-03-2004, 12:30 PM
rebedom

Zhitnik - would be a great fit on this team and the most likely candidate if Muckler decides we need another gritty defencemen. Remember though, they are high on Pothier and Leschyshyn wants to come back even as a 7th defenseman.

We don't need Kariya, Deadmarsh, or Demitra or any other of these small flashy forwards, we have enough of them who are younger with pretty good potential themselves, Havlat, Vermette, Schaefer, Alfredson and White. Yes they were once good but our guys do almost as well, we were the #1 offense in the NHL.
Shannahan, Lindros, and Allison are too expensive and the Sens will only want to take a big medical risk with one player Hasek, not two or three.

Once Muckler has signed most of our players he will trade Smolinski and Prusek for Fedorov and make him our legitimate #1 centre. Muckler will then sign two UFAs Weimer and Zhinik completing the off season moves needed to improve this team.

We are still missing that big tough guy that will mop the ice with Domi, Nolan and Belak. Possibly, McGratton or Brown get called up every time we play the Leafs.

Old
07-05-2004, 07:56 AM
chara

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher
I posted a message at the Bs board and the guys there told me the same thing - Detroit is interested in Knuble, but since Murray is likely going, Boston may want him back. But that shouldn't stop the Sens from at least making an offer.

Out of the free agents left, he makes the most sense. It gives us the size and grit we've always lacked up front, while not slowing down our offense. Right now, he is probably the grittiest player available through free agency that can play top line minutes. Plus, he is probably seeking something in the $2-3 million range, a price that the Sens could handle.

Knuble makes the most sense for Ottawa at this point, but my bet is that Mucks goes after a soft goalscorer like Kariya or Palffy instead :mad:
Knuble is off the market. The Flyers siged him and Turner Stevenson on the weekend.

Apparantly the big market teams will still spend fully expecting a grandfather clause to kick in for a new CBA if their budgets are well in excess of a salary cap.

Old
07-05-2004, 10:02 AM
SENS_FAN_09

Send a message via MSN to SENS_FAN_09
Everybodys acquiring grit, and the sens arent doing anything. This sucks!

Closed Thread