HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread - Kings Rumor Mill XIII

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2011, 11:22 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

vCash: 500
Our top 2 left wingers are Brad Richardson and Ryan Smyth. I think the pressure is there for him to bring in AT LEAST one winger, you'd be dumb to not agree

Old
02-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Pucknut50

All you need to do is win win win....people praise. Lose and people want to get rid of you. Sounds like fans to me.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Our top 2 left wingers are Brad Richardson and Ryan Smyth. I think the pressure is there for him to bring in AT LEAST one winger, you'd be dumb to not agree
If Lombardi was feeling any pressure, he wouldn't have waived Sturm. Sturm was currently the top LW on the team and he gave him away. Doesn't sound like he is under pressure.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
If Lombardi was feeling any pressure, he wouldn't have waived Sturm. Sturm was currently the top LW on the team and he gave him away. Doesn't sound like he is under pressure.
If Sturm is your best left winger you have to be under pressure.
I don't know how he is doing this but Lombardi is really good in ignoring big holes
and care about something else.
He must know something about the owner is backing him up.

I even don't think his job is on the line.
Anschutz gave him a 2 year extension for purpose. If he is not the right guys this or next year, he is simply gone.
No reason to fire him in this short period.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Sturm was terrible, just because he was on the top line doesn't mean he was the Kings #1 LW.

I'm obviously not the biggest fan of Smyth's all-around game but he is better than Sturm in a scoring role.

Would also rather have Clifford. Would rather have Handzus, Loktionov and Brown who all played some LW this season.

The Kings will not miss Marco Sturm because at this point in time he is a fringe NHL'er. Lombardi gave him a chance but Dean had no choice but to cut his losses.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:47 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

We all know Lombardi put Marco on waivers because he was going to call up Loktionov and make TM move Zeus or Stoll to the LW. Problem is, Lokti hurt himself so now we're ****ed.

I'd be surprised/disappointed if we didn't make a deal for at least one winger tomorrow

Old
02-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Orenji

Lombardi expects a trade.

He didn't waive Sturm just to call up Loktionov. He would have just waited till the roster expanded after the deadline and called him up then. He wouldn't have had to waive anyone.

Lombardi will get someone. It might not be Richards, Parise or someone who can make us actual West contenders, but it'll be someone.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:11 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Sturm was terrible, just because he was on the top line doesn't mean he was the Kings #1 LW.

I'm obviously not the biggest fan of Smyth's all-around game but he is better than Sturm in a scoring role.

Would also rather have Clifford. Would rather have Handzus, Loktionov and Brown who all played some LW this season.

The Kings will not miss Marco Sturm because at this point in time he is a fringe NHL'er. Lombardi gave him a chance but Dean had no choice but to cut his losses.
This. I don't understand Sydor25's mancrush for Sturm.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:22 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Good morning and happy Sunday all.

Article on Stastny and Schenn deadline possibilities:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-326954

Regardless of all this trade rumor poo... it sure is nice that THE top prospect everyone is taking about everywhere is ours.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
This. I don't understand Sydor25's mancrush for Sturm.
It's not a mancrush, Sturm is just a perfect depth forward for the playoffs. You would rather play Westgarth in the playoffs? Sturm isn't the long term solution on the top line, but he had 9 points in 17 games for the Kings. That is better than the other players that were put on Kopitar's wing. He is scoring goals faster than Simmonds and he is on the top line too.

Sturm is not out of place on the bottom two lines and is still faster than a lot of NHL players, something the Kings will need in the playoffs.

Deadline deals are almost always failures for the team getting the "better" player. Lombardi isn't going to get anyone better than Sturm at the deadline and he just gave him away.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:35 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Morning poo from Brooks. Keep in mind, he's got a worse track record than Eklund for rumors becoming fact (if that's even possible):

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...#ixzz1F98aN9mC

"it's expected Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk will attempt to play the Rangers against the Kings -- the other team we're told for which Richards would waive his no-move -- in a bidding war."

Like I said earlier... don't get fixated on Richards. He's got a concussion. If it's not a sign and trade, then the price can't be THAT steep for a guy who may be out of the lineup clear through March.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:39 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

I though sign and trade's aren't allowed in the NHL?

Old
02-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Regardless of all this trade rumor poo... it sure is nice that THE top prospect everyone is taking about everywhere is ours.
Exactly my point. It is nice to be envied.

Nice to see Tony flinging poo with the rest of us

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
I though sign and trade's aren't allowed in the NHL?
I don't think they are, BUT I think the Stars could give permission to Dean to talk to his agent before making the trade to see how likely it is for Brad to re-sign with the Kings and what he's asking.

Old
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

O.K. I can't take it any more, I need the trade deadline to pass. An Oiler fan on the trade board was saying how Schenn would be the fifth best prospect in their system behind Jeff ****ing Petry. And people say that we overrate our prospects.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Orenji

It's just nice he would waive to be on the Kings.

If we did get Richards (not gonna happen), we would suddenly turn into the Penguins of the West. Not as good center wise (but still probably 2nd best duo in the league), a better overall defense, and the goalies are similar. I think we have better wingers, though.

But it's just nice to hear we're one of two teams he would want to go to.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:43 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

So whats everyone's plans for tmrw? Anyone taking a personal day lol.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:43 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Nice to see Tony flinging poo with the rest of us
I'll admit I checked twitter when I woke up this morning.

I figure for 48 hours I can throw **** at the wall along with everyone else. Come Monday afternoon though it's all yours again .

Quote:
I can't imagine tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I just checked NHL network and they are carrying the entirety of TSN Tradecentre which starts at an ungodly hour and runs all day, then they have their own show. It's 12 hours of coverage. What the hell are they going to be taking about? So many significant trades have already happened.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Orenji

I'm just gonna stay up tonight. The TSN show starts at 5:00 AM our time and a trade or two comes in at the start, so it'll be fun.

I wouldn't be shocked if Lombardi does something tonight. Remember we have a game tomorrow night with the Wings. I dunno if whoever we get, if it's tomorrow, could get to Los Angeles and be ready for the game at 7.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Orenji

I don't think the TSN coverage will be that bad. If it's slow, I'm sure they'll talk about the Kings tons since we seem to be in the middle of every big name and have Brayden.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:49 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:

I can't imagine tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I just checked NHL network and they are carrying the entirety of TSN Tradecentre which starts at an ungodly hour and runs all day, then they have their own show. It's 12 hours of coverage. What the hell are they going to be taking about? So many significant trades have already happened.
Bottom 6 players being traded for draft picks of course.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:50 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
I work from home (total score!), so I can sit down with my cup of coffee and ride the roller coaster.

Does anyone know where footage will be shown this year? I don't have NHL Network (not offered by TW in San Diego). I know in years past, Versus has picked it up or nhl.com.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:52 PM
vh2k7

Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
Quote:
I'll admit I checked twitter when I woke up this morning.

I figure for 48 hours I can throw **** at the wall along with everyone else. Come Monday afternoon though it's all yours again .

there's still a lot of players in play and lots of teams are trying to take that next step to separate themselves from the pack to cement a playoff spot. it's not a great market, but it's not without its drama either.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:52 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
I work from home (total score!), so I can sit down with my cup of coffee and ride the roller coaster.

Does anyone know where footage will be shown this year? I don't have NHL Network (not offered by TW in San Diego). I know in years past, Versus has picked it up or nhl.com.
You might also be able to get a live stream from TSN.ca.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:55 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post

Versus has (first time ever) a one hour show scheduled dedicated to the deadline. It airs from 4-5PM pacific time. Aside from that, hopefully NHL.com or TSN.ca will stream the coverage. It's only being carried on NHL Network in the US.

I'm sure Versus' NHL Overtime will cover it as well at 8PM

Closed Thread