HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYR and Dallas

Old
02-24-2011, 06:28 PM
gotmonte

vCash: 500
NYR and Dallas

Ok heres a trade I fathomed up in my head:

New York Rangers Trade:

Stepan
Grachev
Thomas
Rangers First Round Pick in 2011
Washingtons Second Round Pick in 2011

Dallas Stars Trade:

(Signed) Richards

Or:

NYR Trades:

Grachev
Stepan
Rangers 1st in '11
Rangers 2nd in '11
Washington's 2nd in '11

Dallas Stars Trade:

(signed) Richards

Speculate

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:30 PM
kanuck87

Richards isn't going to agree to a sign and trade.

kanuck87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:34 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
How can they resign him and have cap space in the end?

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
Rangers counter with Anisimov, 2nd, and Borque. That 2nd becomes a 2011 first if Richards resigns. Concussed soon to be UFAs just don't break the bank.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:41 PM
twatson94
Black Hockey Fan

why the EFF would we do this? Why can't we just go after him in the offseason and not give up assets? The Rangers aren't going to do damage in the playoffs with or without Richards this season. So what's the point? I would be an extremely pissed Rangers fan if we did this.

twatson94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:49 PM
TrollololBoyle

A concussed, unsigned Richards won't get you a quarter of that.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Fail...and the worst part is your a rangers fan

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:06 PM
GAGLine

Absolutely awful. First, it's way, way too much to give up for a rental who is currently out with a concussion and no one knows when he's going to play again. Yeah, I know you said signed Richards, by sign and trades don't happen in hockey.

Second, did you even for a second stop to think about the cap implications of that trade? We'd end up deferring over 2 mil in bonuses, which would make it even harder to re-sign Richards.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:15 PM
gotmonte

how is this a fail?

We lose a freshman who MIGHT be a flash in the pan. A first and two seconds that could be busts or gems, and other player who hasnt proven ANYTHING in the NHL level yet.

For a SIGNED Richards? Richards and Gaborik is BETTER than Stepan AND Richards any given day.

Old
02-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmonte View Post
how is this a fail?

We lose a freshman who MIGHT be a flash in the pan. A first and two seconds that could be busts or gems, and other player who hasnt proven ANYTHING in the NHL level yet.

For a SIGNED Richards? Richards and Gaborik is BETTER than Stepan AND Richards any given day.
Or, bear with me here, we can get him for FREE. Ain't that a novel concept?

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Mjollnir9*

Quote:
how is this a fail?

What?! That makes no sense...
Also, Stepan is clearly not a "flash in the pan". Are you even serious here? This is an Epic Fail. Consider this: Ranger lose Stepan And other valuable assets for the Rental of Richards, who may or may not even play again this year. I would not rent him AT ALL. Not for Anisimov, not Grachev, and Certainly not Stepan. If Rangers want him we sign him July 1st. Drury bought out= Richards in NY.

Mjollnir9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:24 PM
gotmonte

if richards gets traded somewhere else, you run the risk of THEM signing him.

Again this is for a SIGNED richards. Thats a HUGE addition to this team. How do you expect to get additions without subtractions?

I understand the idea of signing him in the offseason. I do. And I would LOVE that. But right how, he might get traded. He might do a sign and trade? We dont know.

The proposal is for a garaunteed signed richards who will lite it up with Gaborik for years. How do you condemn that for a MAYBE signing him in the offseason.

We just seen this with Carmelo. Although the CBA was a factor, you just dont know what is going to happen in free agency and we could lose him and lose a player that loves torts, and could potentially give us a SUPER LETHAL first line.

But hey, what do I know? Right? Go ahead. Act like children and be outlandish. I just offered a FAIR proposal to both sides. I think the value is there for the Stars too. I know the fans act like they are getting butt *****, but if BOTH SIDES HATE IT, it means its a VALUABLE TRADE. If the rangers ran away with this than it is lopsided and visa versa.

I am trying to be civil and not make proposals that just do wonders for MY team and screw the next.

Old
02-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Ok heres a trade I fathomed up in my head:

New York Rangers Trade:

Stepan
Grachev
Thomas
Rangers First Round Pick in 2011
Washingtons Second Round Pick in 2011

Dallas Stars Trade:

(Signed) Richards

Or:

NYR Trades:

Grachev
Stepan
Rangers 1st in '11
Rangers 2nd in '11
Washington's 2nd in '11

Dallas Stars Trade:

(signed) Richards

Speculate
Can we stop with these damn proposals from people who don't have a clue. Sather PUBLICLY said hes not giving up any young assets. I.E. Stepan goes no where and neither do our first round picks. Not to mention Richards has a concussion.

Im in awe at the lack of common sense of some people on these boards.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
how is this a fail?

And a concussed Richards and Gaborik (considering they both are) does us no good. Again, no common sense.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:29 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Nieuwendyk has lost his mind.

He trades Neal AND Niskanen for JUST Goligoski.

Now he thinks he's gonna trade a concussed UFA rental for 3 young CORE ROSTER PLAYERS?

Has he been doing lines with Daneyko and Stevens after HNL tapings?

The fact that you're going to trade all of that for UFA rental is just mind-boggling. I'm not here to flame you, I just think you're shooting yourself in the foot by proposing a trade for a player that will be a free agent in about 4 months regardless of where he's traded to if he's dealt.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:31 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Nieuwendyk has lost his mind.

He trades Neal AND Niskanen for JUST Goligoski.
Don't see how that's relevant, considering it was the definition of a pure hockey trade.

Quote:
Now he thinks he's gonna trade a concussed UFA rental for 3 young CORE ROSTER PLAYERS?

Has he been doing lines with Daneyko and Stevens after HNL tapings?
I don't trust Brooks with this in the slightest. No GM is this stupid.

Quote:
The fact that you're going to trade all of that for UFA rental is just mind-boggling. I'm not here to flame you, I just think you're shooting yourself in the foot by proposing a trade for a player that will be a free agent in about 4 months regardless of where he's traded to if he's dealt.
Agreed.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:45 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
if richards gets traded somewhere else, you run the risk of THEM signing him.

Again this is for a SIGNED richards. Thats a HUGE addition to this team. How do you expect to get additions without subtractions?

I understand the idea of signing him in the offseason. I do. And I would LOVE that. But right how, he might get traded. He might do a sign and trade? We dont know.
He isn't getting traded. He has a concussion and it's extremely doubtful that he'll play a game before Monday. He may not even be back skating by Monday. No team is going to trade for him, especially for the absurd price Nieuendyk is looking for.

Even at the slim chance he does get traded, he will still be UFA on July 1st. Count on it.

Quote:
The proposal is for a garaunteed signed richards who will lite it up with Gaborik for years. How do you condemn that for a MAYBE signing him in the offseason.

We just seen this with Carmelo. Although the CBA was a factor, you just dont know what is going to happen in free agency and we could lose him and lose a player that loves torts, and could potentially give us a SUPER LETHAL first line.
This isn't the NBA. Sign and trades happen in the NBA because the players can get more money from the team that's trading them. His original team can give him a max contract. Sign and trades don't happen in the NHL.

Quote:
But hey, what do I know? Right? Go ahead. Act like children and be outlandish. I just offered a FAIR proposal to both sides. I think the value is there for the Stars too. I know the fans act like they are getting butt *****, but if BOTH SIDES HATE IT, it means its a VALUABLE TRADE. If the rangers ran away with this than it is lopsided and visa versa.

I am trying to be civil and not make proposals that just do wonders for MY team and screw the next.
I'm sorry, but this isn't original. Take a look at all the other similar proposals and they all got the same reaction. The bottom line is, we aren't in a position to give up significant assets for Richards, and we don't need to. Sather already said he isn't trading away anything significant, so why would we make a deal like this? There's just no reason to do it. Roll the dice and get him as a UFA.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:45 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Don't see how that's relevant, considering it was the definition of a pure hockey trade.
How is it not relevant?

He SEVERELY overpaid for Goligoski, he has no clue of how value works. That's one of the worst trades I've seen in quite some time at this point.

Neal for Goligoski straight up would have been a fair trade.

Old
02-24-2011, 07:50 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
How is it not relevant?

He SEVERELY overpaid for Goligoski, he has no clue of how value works. That's one of the worst trades I've seen in quite some time at this point.

Neal for Goligoski straight up would have been a fair trade.
So, you're saying Niskanen is the difference here?

Niskanen sucks. He doesn't do anything right. He has 6 assist on the season. 6. Assists. And he's constantly on for GA.

He was a dump, Dallas wanted no part of him. He would've been a healthy scratch with Goligoski coming back.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:51 PM
gotmonte

hey if we get richards for free I will be doing BACKFLIPS! But I am a realist. I understand he is injured right now and that might kill the thought of him being traded.

But if he is GOING to be traded, I wouldnt be upset with the trade I proposed. If he walks in UFA and comes here, than even better.

I am NOT TRYING TO HURT THE RANGERS. I am trying to make them better. And a first year wonder on the top line is expendable for a PROVEN top line center. If stepan becomes DAWES, what would you do than? Sit there and cry we didnt trade high?

I doubt that will happen. I think the kid is going to be great. But to get, you give.

But lets hope richards walks right to us in UFA this year.

Old
02-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

yeah then the bruins will trade you savard for a bunch of nothing so the NYR can start building towards their ultimate goal of the ALL-Concussion team

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Vitto79

July 1st Rangers.......the end...........stop the insanity of the Rangers trading there youth when they are not a contender this year

just keep everyone and sign him as a UFA and if he doesnt sign oh well use the cap space to soldify the D with Pitkanen for example

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Hockey2000nyr

Quote:
hey if we get richards for free I will be doing BACKFLIPS! But I am a realist. I understand he is injured right now and that might kill the thought of him being traded.

But if he is GOING to be traded, I wouldnt be upset with the trade I proposed. If he walks in UFA and comes here, than even better.

I am NOT TRYING TO HURT THE RANGERS. I am trying to make them better. And a first year wonder on the top line is expendable for a PROVEN top line center. If stepan becomes DAWES, what would you do than? Sit there and cry we didnt trade high?

I doubt that will happen. I think the kid is going to be great. But to get, you give.

But lets hope richards walks right to us in UFA this year.

i dont get what your trying to say in the bold. Your seriously comparing Derek Stepan to Nigel Dawes? Nigel Dawes debut age was older then Derek Stepans debut age. Stepan skipped the AHL altogether, and has been playing admirably and consistently this whole season. To say that Stepan is going to go by the wayside is assinine.

Regardless of how much your looking at possibly giving up, what you are offering is WAY too much and is not AT ALL realistic. Sather has been quoted as saying that he WILL NOT be trading away our young assets. Stepan Grachev and Thomas are those young assets that he is talking about. We aren't being built for the right here right now. And doing that trade does exactly the opposite of what we are trying to do as a team.

Honestly if Sather was to make a trade for Richards, and remember Sather loves to bend other GM's over, i can see something more along the lines of (and i hate trying to make proposals):

McIlrath
NYR 1st Round '11
Was 2nd Round '11

for

Richards

I believe it was said that the Stars were one of the teams just below us that were really hoping for McIlrath to fall into their laps. I can also see the Rangers taking out that 2nd rounder and in place put a roster player on there. I dont really know who it would be but thats just an idea. (BTW I DO NOT CONDONE TRADING AWAY DRAFT PICKS OR PROSPECTS WITH THE TEAM WE HALF AS OF RIGHT NOW, IF WE WERE A CONTENDER THAT WOULD BE A DIFFERENT STORY)

Hockey2000nyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:10 PM
wej20

Quote:

Niskanen sucks. He doesn't do anything right. He has 6 assist on the season. 6. Assists. And he's constantly on for GA.

He was a dump, Dallas wanted no part of him. He would've been a healthy scratch with Goligoski coming back.
Cannot be repeated enough, Niskanen has been on a downward spiral these last 2 years and badly needed a change of scenery. His contract is not very enticing either.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:24 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:

He's still young and has potential. He's regressed a bit, if you think Alex Goligoski (not that impressive in Pittsburgh playing with that team) is more valuable than a guy that's score 20 goals in each of his first 2 seasons in the NHL, and nearly scored 30 last year, then I don't know what to tell you.

Honestly, I would have wanted more than Goligoski back for Neal. Neal has 35-40 goal potential. Goligoski pans out to a very good #3 at best.