HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stastny to Buffalo (off-season)

Old
02-24-2011, 06:38 PM
dkollidas

vCash: 500
Stastny to Buffalo (off-season)

To Buffalo:

C- Paul Stastny

To Colorado:

C- Derek Roy
D- Andrej Sekera
C- Luke Adam
2012 2nd round pick

Thoughts?

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Sabreality

way too much, Stastny is a glorified Roy to begin with.

Sabreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Gobo
What's Your Issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
way too much, Stastny is a glorified Roy to begin with.
By glorified do you mean that he isn't knocked over by a light breeze?

Gobo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:45 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Buffalo gives up way too much

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

Could you switch Sekera out with Weber, or is that a no go? Either way, I take the deal as Colorado.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
To Buffalo:

C- Paul Stastny

To Colorado:

C- Derek Roy
D- Andrej Sekera
C- Luke Adam
2012 2nd round pick

Thoughts?
Huge overpayment. And why do Sabres fans keep trying to ship Roy out to bring in Stastny? The point of acquiring Stastny would be to have a 1-2 of Stastny-Roy, otherwise we're left still chasing a second top-6 center. You're also trading off the only center prospect who's anywhere close to being NHL-ready.

Luke Adam
Mike Weber
Jhonas Enroth
2011 1st (will be top-10 if we miss the playoffs)

for

Paul Stastny
TJ Galiardi/Ryan Stoa

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:48 PM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Huge overpayment. And why do Sabres fans keep trying to ship Roy out to bring in Stastny? The point of acquiring Stastny would be to have a 1-2 of Stastny-Roy, otherwise we're left still chasing a second top-6 center. You're also trading off the only center prospect who's anywhere close to being NHL-ready.

Luke Adam
Mike Weber
Jhonas Enroth
2011 1st (will be top-10 if we miss the playoffs)

for

Paul Stastny
TJ Galiardi/Ryan Stoa
The problem with trading Stastny is that we would need a center coming back. I understand you feel that a Roy for Stastny swap, especially in a package, is a backwards move (I agree) but if I'm Colorado, I trade Stastny for a #2 center and then some.

Old
02-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Ruman Ndur

Stastny

for

Stafford, Butler, Enroth, 2nd

Ruman Ndur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobo View Post
By glorified do you mean that he isn't knocked over by a light breeze?

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
The problem with trading Stastny is that we would need a center coming back. I understand you feel that a Roy for Stastny swap, especially in a package, is a backwards move (I agree) but if I'm Colorado, I trade Stastny for a #2 center and then some.
Adam is a center and a point/game player in the AHL at age 20 and may win AHL Rookie of the Year, a year after being arguably the best forward in the Q. He gives you a good, young center prospect. He'll probably be NHL-ready next season. You also get a second top-10 draft pick (assuming we miss the playoffs this year--right now, we have approximately a 45% chance according to Sports Club Stats) where guys like Strome and Huberdeau may be on the board, as well as top-flight defensemen.

Then you also get two really nice pieces in Weber and Enroth. Weber is under-the-radar in HFBoards because he doesn't fight frequently, put people through the glass, or score 45+ pts from the blueline. He'd be on pace for over 200 hits if he played the full season. While +/- can be a deceiving stat, the guy is +21 in 61 NHL games. And those games were played with our 2007-08 team that finished 10th, and our team this year that's in 9th. And he just turned 23. Watch how quickly other Sabres fans try to get him out of my proposed deal. Meanwhile, Enroth is a nice goaltending prospect. Is he at Bernier's or Schneider's level yet? Nope. But he'll be a quality NHL netminder.

On the whole, that's a good offer from the Sabres.

Old
02-24-2011, 06:59 PM
dkollidas

1. Personally, I feel Stastny is better, younger, and more of a playmaker while Roy is more of a sniper. Also, while Roy and Vanek have had success in the past, I feel Stastny would be a better fit.

2. Giving up Adam and a second rounder is probably a bit too much but I like Stastny so I'm willing to overpay to have a true number one center (which I don't really believe Roy is, but that's just my personal opinion).

Revision:

To Buffalo:

C- Paul Stastny

To Colorado:

C- Derek Roy
D- Andrej Sekera
C- Paul Byron

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Adam is a center and a point/game player in the AHL at age 20 and may win AHL Rookie of the Year, a year after being arguably the best forward in the Q. He gives you a good, young center prospect. He'll probably be NHL-ready next season. You also get a second top-10 draft pick (assuming we miss the playoffs this year--right now, we have approximately a 45% chance according to Sports Club Stats) where guys like Strome and Huberdeau may be on the board, as well as top-flight defensemen.

Then you also get two really nice pieces in Weber and Enroth. Weber is under-the-radar in HFBoards because he doesn't fight frequently, put people through the glass, or score 45+ pts from the blueline. He'd be on pace for over 200 hits if he played the full season. While +/- can be a deceiving stat, the guy is +21 in 61 NHL games. And those games were played with our 2007-08 team that finished 10th, and our team this year that's in 9th. And he just turned 23. Watch how quickly other Sabres fans try to get him out of my proposed deal. Meanwhile, Enroth is a nice goaltending prospect. Is he at Bernier's or Schneider's level yet? Nope. But he'll be a quality NHL netminder.

Big deal. TJ Hensick was a ppg player in the AHL.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

No way from a Buffalo perspective.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Zip15

Quote:
1. Personally, I feel Stastny is better, younger, and more of a playmaker while Roy is more of a sniper. Also, while Roy and Vanek have had success in the past, I feel Stastny would be a better fit.

2. Giving up Adam and a second rounder is probably a bit too much but I like Stastny so I'm willing to overpay to have a true number one center (which I don't really believe Roy is, but that's just my personal opinion).

Revision:

To Buffalo:

C- Paul Stastny

To Colorado:

C- Derek Roy
D- Andrej Sekera
C- Paul Byron
No one is saying Stastny isn't the better player. But you're left with the same problem we currently have: only one top-6 center. And you'll still be chasing a second top-6 center. It's dumb to trade Roy in a package for Stastny. It marginalizes the value in trading for Stastny.

Old
02-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStu View Post
Big deal. TJ Hensick was a ppg player in the AHL.
Take half of one sentence in a long post, respond to that, and ignore the rest. Cool.

Old
02-24-2011, 07:16 PM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

Quote:

Oh, I know, it's definitely a good offer, I'm just not sure about where it leaves the Avs. Like if you were offered Cam Ward for Drew Stafford, it's certainly a more than fair offer value wise, but with Miller do you really need Ward more than Stafford? That's my only concern, the value is great, IMO. I'm actually a big Weber fan. He reminds me of a more skilled Ryan Wilson, actually. I was also under the impression that Adam played wing, if he can play center, at least competently, then this offer is very enticing.

And Adam has already shown he can play better D for us than most of our blueliners.

Old
02-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Tra La La

The best case would be to have Stastny and a 100 % Roy as 1a 1b. I think Stastny and Liles coming to Buffalo by deadline is the sort of signature move they need.

The idea? Next three years or bust. Edited after Dreger's Twitter that the Avs are asking a 2nd for Liles.

So a 2nd for Liles

Sekera,Adam, and a 1st or Pysyk for Stastny

Last edited by Tra La La: 02-24-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
Oh, I know, it's definitely a good offer, I'm just not sure about where it leaves the Avs. Like if you were offered Cam Ward for Drew Stafford, it's certainly a more than fair offer value wise, but with Miller do you really need Ward more than Stafford? That's my only concern, the value is great, IMO. I'm actually a big Weber fan. He reminds me of a more skilled Ryan Wilson, actually. I was also under the impression that Adam played wing, if he can play center, at least competently, then this offer is very enticing.

And Adam has already shown he can play better D for us than most of our blueliners.
That was Ennis keeping Adam's shot out of the net.

That extra point would be real valuable for us right about now.

Old
02-24-2011, 07:31 PM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

Quote:
That was Ennis keeping Adam's shot out of the net.

That extra point would be real valuable for us right about now.
I'm embarrassed I misremembered that. And honestly, with our tanking effort, we'd rather you guys have the point, too. That was a good game, though.

Old
02-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Luke Adam - Young Center to replace Stastny next year
Drew Stafford - Goal scoring winger to replace Stewart
Mike Weber - Physical, 2nd pairing, shut down defensemen
1st rounder in 2012

for

Stastny and Liles

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:26 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Switch one of the pieces with Jhonas Enroth and the value is good, but Colorado isn't going to trade him.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:42 PM
BloFan4Life

How about it happens on Monday for

Stafford
Gragnani
Enroth
1st round pick

BloFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Pyke*

People seem to forget Colorado really has no reason to trade Stastny.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 02:00 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
To Buffalo:

C- Paul Stastny

To Colorado:

C- Derek Roy
D- Andrej Sekera
C- Luke Adam
2012 2nd round pick

Thoughts?
I don't see the Sabres giving up 2 centers, especially since they'll also be losing Connolly this summer (if not sooner) and have only Byron, Gaustad and McCormick on the depth chart behind Stastny.

Let Part 1 happen on Monday:

To Buffalo:
J.M. Liles

To Colorado:
Andrej Sekera
3rd rd pick in 2011

Then Part 2 in the offseason:
To Buffalo:
Paul Stastny
3rd rd pick in 2012

To Colorado:
Derek Roy
Nathan Gerbe
Chris Butler
2nd rd pick in 2012

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 02:02 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
People seem to forget Colorado really has no reason to trade Stastny.
Perhaps not on its own merit but teams always have to fill needs elsewhere by forefeiting assets in other positions. Did the Stars really have any reason to trade Neal?

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote