HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Pegula Interview With Editorial Board

Old
02-24-2011, 08:07 PM
BeastMode2326

vCash: 500
Pegula Interview With Editorial Board

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...Sabres+Edge%29

Very interesting interview here are some of my highlights.

-Pegula not interested at all about buying a football team. Sorry Bills.

-Ted Black would like to add the super slow-mo cameras the Pens have. Said contratually obligated to MSG until 2017 but they've been a good partner. Going to talk with them next month about things they can improve due to fans criticism. Mentioned how Dish Network doesn't get games.

-Ted Black says variable pricing has done well but he doesn't like how it allows people from Toronto fill arena for Toronto games.

-Pegula says Darcy wanted more spending in scouting and devlopment. Said Darcy was used to hearing "No." Also said it was part of his plan before talking with Darcy.

-Pegula reiterates Darcy's prior comments that Sabres don't want rental players.

-Sabres will "ABSOLUTELY" be in the free agent market.

-Pegula says Darcy wanted to keep Tallinder and Lydman. Golisano would not let Darcy give them a long term contract. Very mad about that.

-Pegula was joking with Stafford in locker room. "My 16 year old want-to-be GM wants me to pay you more money." Says he had a good meeting with Stafford in locker room.

BeastMode2326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
-Pegula says Darcy wanted to keep Tallinder and Lydman. Golisano would not let Darcy give them a long term contract. Very mad about that.
**** Golisano.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:18 PM
gaf
Occupied Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode2326 View Post
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/...Sabres+Edge%29

Very interesting interview here are some of my highlights.

-Pegula not interested at all about buying a football team. Sorry Bills.

-Ted Black would like to add the super slow-mo cameras the Pens have. Said contratually obligated to MSG until 2017 but they've been a good partner. Going to talk with them next month about things they can improve due to fans criticism. Mentioned how Dish Network doesn't get games.

-Ted Black says variable pricing has done well but he doesn't like how it allows people from Toronto fill arena for Toronto games.

-Pegula says Darcy wanted more spending in scouting and devlopment. Said Darcy was used to hearing "No." Also said it was part of his plan before talking with Darcy.

-Pegula reiterates Darcy's prior comments that Sabres don't want rental players.

-Sabres will "ABSOLUTELY" be in the free agent market.

-Pegula was joking with Stafford in locker room. "My 16 year old want-to-be GM wants me to pay you more money." Says he had a good meeting with Stafford in locker room.
To the bolded part- Darcy came in w/ a modest proposal and he then told Darcy to put the pedal to the floor
I like that he went toe to toe w/ the news. Really interesting to see that. Some justified and some not. We'll see how it goes. Cant expect tbn to be fanboys when the its been a 1st round exit or no playoffs the last 3 years.

gaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:18 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
- Darcy "ain't going no where" either

- Jerry Sullivan is an idiot. Didn't even know Sawyer's name. Called him "Sweeney or whatever his name is." What a dick.

vcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
I would like to hear the Regier haters response to these facts. It always goes deeper than we perceive.

Not saying he's a saint, but I think it's the best move to see what he can do with the new ownership...and freeddddoooommmm!

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:21 PM
aceface33

I'll have to listen to this when I have some time. Jerry Sullivan was talking about it on WGR today. According to Sullivan, Pegula was very critical of the media and the Buffalo News especially being overly critical of the team...about them constantly being negative and banging home the same points over and over again. Is there anything about that in there?

aceface33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:22 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
- Called out the media, saying "I think part of the quit in this team comes from the media." "Has anybody here said anything good about this team recently?"

vcv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:23 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode2326 View Post
I would be more apt to believe that if Regier didn't turn around and hand the same contract he could have given to Lydman to Leopold.

Or was Payroll Boy that much involved in actual player evaluations, perhaps doing a little video scouting of his own while lounging by the pool in Boca?

Methinks ownership is looking to deflect some of the negativity away from Regier, which is actually kind of a cool gesture.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:25 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
- Called out the media, saying "I think part of the quit in this team comes from the media." "Has anybody here said anything good about this team recently?"
Heh, well there you go. Suffice it to say Sullivan was already pissed at the new owner. Second day.

Old
02-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
I would be more apt to believe that if Regier didn't turn around and hand the same contract he could have given to Lydman to Leopold.
I buy it. Leopold is 3 years younger than Loods. Could very well be that BTG said no contracts of length to guys of Lydman's age.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:26 PM
rabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
I would like to hear the Regier haters response to these facts. It always goes deeper than we perceive.

What facts???

Darcy doesn't return phone calls!!!!!!

rabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:27 PM
rabi

Quote:
He's got to stop that...if he wants cheerleaders, hire some 20-year old girls with big boobs...

Old
02-24-2011, 08:28 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Very interesting listen. I don't particularly care for how Pegula tried to blame the Sabres troubles on the media, that was lame. Whoever spoke up on the News side (Harrington?) I think responded very well. On the lines of, we are being subjective, the team has not played well, missed playoffs, missed playoffs, eliminated 1st round, 9th place and you want us to not be critical?

imyourhuckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:31 PM
slip

Quote:
Do HF boards count as "media?"

Did Ruff's will to win wane just a little bit every time Jame called for his head on a platter?

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:31 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Quote:
The response was better. Picking a fight with the media 3rd day on the job is not a good idea.

imyourhuckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:32 PM
aceface33

There's being subjectively critical and then there's what the Buffalo News does.

Old
02-24-2011, 08:32 PM
SiriusBizinuez
Jakub might kill you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi View Post
What facts???

Darcy doesn't return phone calls!!!!!!
You know, that's the second time I have seen you post that on these forums. Put up or shut up. I want a source.

SiriusBizinuez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:33 PM
rabi

Why does a Billionaire owner need revenue sharing, Mr. Black?

Old
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

I have to listen to this. If they really called out Golisano for nixing Ldyman/Tallinder, and said Regier was pissed, that's interesting indeed. I think we all assumed those were the shackles, but to hear it voiced...

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
rabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusBizinuez View Post
You know, that's the second time I have seen you post that on these forums. Put up or shut up. I want a source.
Brian Burke

Old
02-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
He's got to stop that...if he wants cheerleaders, hire some 20-year old girls with big boobs...
He has a point, though. It doesn't make the team any better. The players are human; they do have emotions. We can tell them boo hoo all we want, but if it is hindering their performance, then who's really losing out? I'd say the fans...

We should be critical, but the media *****es so much about every little thing that it has to be annoying as a player, especially not being able to say anything in response.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:34 PM
SiriusBizinuez
Jakub might kill you

Link it. Let's see it.

SiriusBizinuez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 08:36 PM
rabi

Quote:
He has a point, though. It doesn't make the team any better. The players are human; they do have emotions. We can tell them boo hoo all we want, but if it is hindering their performance, then who's really losing out? I'd say the fans...

We should be critical, but the media *****es so much about every little thing that it has to be annoying as a player, especially not being able to say anything in response.
Do you really think players read the newspaper?

Old
02-24-2011, 08:37 PM
aceface33

Quote:
Do you really think players read the newspaper?
Ryan Miller seemed to know a lot about how John Vogl writes his columns...

Old
02-24-2011, 08:38 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:

Not saying he's a saint, but I think it's the best move to see what he can do with the new ownership...and freeddddoooommmm!
I said it in the other thread on Regier, we never really knew how much freedom he had and how much constraint ownership put on him, and it looks more and more like ownership was in control, not Regier.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote