HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Lose to Leafs 5-4

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2011, 09:15 PM
The Camera Eye

vCash: 500
Pouliot was our best player, I'm just glad he got a lot of ice time

Old
JayBee*

Refs were ****, but honestly, this team didn't deserve to win. That last 2 minutes is what I've been talking about ever since I signed onto this board....the team is so terribly soft. Thing is, if you're going to be soft, you better have finishers...Habs don't have them either.

Ever since that Boston game...book is out on how to beat the Habs...aggressive forecheck, clog the neutral zone and hit.

Old
76ftw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
Are you for real?
Yeah. We played well. I recall the puck being in there end for most of the game. That said, I did miss a small portion of the game while I was eating; maybe I just got lucky? Or maybe I am just not so delusional and see the good in the fact that we beat them other than with Auld in the net, the refs ****ed us (no nice way to put it, should have been so many calls that weren't called. Even my Leafs fans friend just texted me and said that).

Old
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post
Not an embarassing loss, it's a frustrating one.
it WAs a frustrating loss

until the last minute, ...Embarrassing.

I cant beleive hammer played that long in the final minutes, and then to be replaced by weber who played like ****,

what does subban have to do? you can see subbans frustration at the end, i cant imagine whats going through his head "what do i have to DO jacques" jesus ****ing christ

Old
02-24-2011, 09:16 PM
odishabs

Yannick Weber looked like absolute dog **** tonight!

Old
LyleOdelein

I'm not going to blame the refs for that. The Habs need to put out a better effort all around.

On a side note, games with a never ending stream of powerplays are the least entertaining hockey in the world to me. Personally, I'd rather watch a replay of a 95-96 obstruction filled game that ends 2-1 than watch a game with 12 powerplays in it. I guess goals appeal to the masses in the new NHL though.

Old
OneSharpMarble

Pouliot and Desharnais with a combined 14minutes. Did they get injured or something?

How is this idiot still our coach?

Old
Bob Cole

martin out coached by ron ****ing wilson

what a mistake he's turning out to be. I'm sick of his sorry ass on the bench showing no emotion.

Old
le_sean

Why does anyone want to re-sign Hamrlik? You people are insane. What schoolgirl taught him how to shoot? And my grandma skates faster.

Old
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Honestly

SELL SELL SELL

We aren't gong anywhere in the playoffs...get real...not with pathetic players like Gomez.

Sell for picks in 2012, whatever you can get.

Do NOT trade the kids, trade the vets!

Hammer, Gil, Wiz, Moen, Halpren can all help other teams....

PG you'd be a genius if you can get ANYTHING for Gomez and AK.... and I mean ANYTHING.
The unfortunate thing is for us to become competitive again thats going to have to happen. And most of us are going to have to watch some terrible years of the Habs (as if we haven't seen enough of those already, I know). But plugging holes here and there with below average players won't put you over the top.

Old
NewHabsEra*

If we were out of the playoffs race, I would send Gomez in the minors right off the bat!!

I like Hamrlik alot but he was dead tired in the third..

Weber has been sucking hard in the last 2 games..

Gill was atrociously slow and bad.. there is no way this guy is resigned this summer..

I hope Cammy will perform in playoffs cause its an aweful season for him so far, 2 pts tonight but he has cheated all night long..

Desharnais looked soft and slow in several situations, showed some offensive flashes, he is good around the net but the whole line is risky defensively..

A couple of guys over used, ran out of fuel, those guys have to get some rest..

Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

that final minute was total garbage. Auld was total garbage. I like how Price picks up the loss despite us outscoring the Leafs while he was in net. With Auld it was 3-1 Leafs, and with Price it was 3-2 for us.

Old
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

LOL at everybody in panic mode

Old
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

I can't believe that some people think Gainey did us a favor by signing Gomez and the surfs and then rubber stamping PG who picked JM as the coach.

Ya..you make think I am wining, ranting...whatever, but there is no way in heck a team so soft will go far in the playoffs when 5'7 midgets are battling 6'3+ dmen in the o-zone.

Never ever gonna happen.

Old
02-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Why the **** are we playing a 37 year old defenseman 29 minutes? Good idea to have Subban on the bench when we need to carry the puck into Toronto's zone with a minute left.
Because of Gainey's worst decision as GM, hiring Martin.

Old
habsroom

over coaching

Over coaching lost this game for us tonight againt the Leafs. There was no need to play Auld we were playing our most hated rival and they have been hot as of late and are looking to get into the playoffs. If Price started this game it would have been a sure fire win. I know Auld has to play sometimes but not against the leafs we always have to go with our A line up against them. WAKE UP JACK MARTIN !!!!!!!!

Old
Gary320

Toronto Maple Leafs didn't win the match. Montreal Canadiens lost the match more like it.

Anyway it happens. Sopel is going to take some time off PK on the.. PK and allow him to play more on the PP. So that should be good.

Anyway.. can't wait for trade number 2.

Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
They couldn't make a outlet pass to save their lives after the Pacioretty goal. Very embarrassing to watch. Injuries/refs are not a fault for that...that was pure concentrated suck.

Old
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Pouliot and Desharnais with a combined 14minutes. Did they get injured or something?

Seriously. Every Time DD line is on the ice its Dangerous. Do not understand. Hopefully Showcasing Gomez. Errr Trying to Showcase.

Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
that final minute was total garbage. Auld was total garbage. I like how Price picks up the loss despite us outscoring the Leafs while he was in net. With Auld it was 3-1 Leafs, and with Price it was 3-2 for us.
Auld has been weak on the second goal but couldnt do anything on the first and third..

Old
02-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Why does anyone want to re-sign Hamrlik? You people are insane. What schoolgirl taught him how to shoot? And my grandma skates faster.
I am of the opinion we can re-sign him if he is willing to play for 2 million or less. The fact is, the days of him being apart of our top 4 have to end this year.

Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

3 PP's goals against...that was the killer...especially the Leafs 4th goal with 2 seconds left on the penalty....Habs had all the momentum at that point and then just pissed it away.

Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post

JM is getting pissed off that Pouliot DDH White are making Gomez look bad so he's benching them.

Old
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
Yeah. We played well. I recall the puck being in there end for most of the game. That said, I did miss a small portion of the game while I was eating; maybe I just got lucky? Or maybe I am just not so delusional and see the good in the fact that we beat them other than with Auld in the net, the refs ****ed us (no nice way to put it, should have been so many calls that weren't called. Even my Leafs fans friend just texted me and said that).
Yeah, I'm afraid you did just get lucky.

We were beaten fair and square, refs affected the flow of the game, not the outcome.

Old
sheed36

I'm not gonna blame this one on the refs.. No doubt they sucked big time but the Habs had their chances on the PP also but failed when they really needed to score whereas the Leafs made theirs count.. The Leafs came to play tonight and deserved the 2 points..

This Habs team is so Jekyll and Hyde and are just an extension of their passive, unemotional coach.. That last 2 minutes of the 3rd was probably the saddest thing I've ever seen..

Closed Thread