HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Lose to Leafs 5-4

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2011, 10:29 PM
RC51

vCash: 500
WOW there is about 10 things wrong tonight but let me just say this one.
with 2.30 left he JM puts out the Gomez line. The worst line we have these days, and what does Gomez do he stays out for 1.45 and floats way high waiting for a pass. The Leafs keyed on him and stopped him 3 time easy. Gomez needs to go, Kostitsyn needs to go, between the both of them they chew up mins and produce next to nothing. Even JM tonight did NOT coach well, he should have torn Jackson a new one and I mean really tear into him ( see Lindy Ruff) > As far as the refs!! well they had a direct influence on the outcome of this game. Their mistakes made the difference. Mistakes I said, a lots of good calls and non calls but we all saw a lots of fantom calls and missed calls in other words MISTAKES the lead to goals or complete shifts in momentum.

Old
02-24-2011, 10:30 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Also I am not one who will hate on Gomez but ****. Tonight he was bad most of the game. He was paid over 97,000$ for this game and finishes with 0 points and a -1. **** off.

Old
02-24-2011, 10:31 PM
feeel10

leafs-habs fan here.. good game overall, pretty entertainning as always. but the last minute ''push'' was VERY disappointing

Old
02-24-2011, 10:32 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

What's with Martin given Gomez ample time every game, and cuts back on DD, Pools and White. ?

Old
02-24-2011, 10:33 PM
habtastic

I'm not worried about the team,

but I sure as hell am p'ssed about this game and that ending. Refs ruined the parts where we dominated. Auld ruined the second goal. We come back from that. Refs ruin some more. We still dominate. Ak can't tap in to an open net, ruined chance. They score a minute later on some of the worst defensive coverage I've seen (and we've been seeing a lot of it lately from JM's defense always team). Patches sets up a great finish with more than enough time to set it up. JM ruins it with his terrible lines.

FTR it's not always Gomez's fault when he is so gassed and forced to skate end to end and then have some crap pass mess it all up. Weber should have left it for him at the end.

IMO Pleky played one hell of a game. Man work is gonna suuuuuck tomorrow, and all week, and prolly all month.

Old
02-24-2011, 10:33 PM
icerocket

But I have to say I am getting tired of Martin punishing the young guns for every mistake they make.

Is Pouliot ever allowed to make a mistake?

Old
02-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

The amount of bad clearing attempts was also troubling. It's the Leafs so they didn't score on all but two of them but good teams won't be so forgiving. Sopel hopefully will be able to boost the PK.

Old
02-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Mister Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
But I have to say I am getting tired of Martin punishing the young guns for every mistake they make.

Is Pouliot ever allowed to make a mistake?
lol Antichambre ?

Old
02-24-2011, 10:35 PM
JimmyDarmody

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post

Just look at last year's playoffs for some primo examples of that! If I was superstitious, I'd say the Habs are still paying for all the karma they expended on that fluke run.
Was it mostly luck, or mostly us getting elite goaltending while our opponents posted AHL caliber netminding? Pens: .891 sv%. Caps: .901 sv%

Pretty open and shut case right there.

Old
02-24-2011, 10:35 PM
RE-HABS

Jacques Martin showed tonight he is a half ass coach.

Price doesn't start when we need a big win against a divisional foe and we have a 4-4-1 record in last 9 and then he has Hammer on the PP for almost all 2 minutes for the last couple of games too...has it worked?

No.

He calls a timeout and then Muller takes over....does this idiot just fill out the score sheet and then collect his pay check???

Old
02-24-2011, 10:36 PM
holyhabs87

Just looking at the ice times for some of our players has me scatching my head.

From top to bottom guys like Hamrlik, Gomez and even Plekanec being overplayed and Subban (mostly on the PP), DD and Pouliot being underplayed. And why was Patches only playing 14 minutes? I really don't get it.

Old
02-24-2011, 10:38 PM
sheed36

Another 2 points blown at home against a team out of the playoffs.. It's gonna be a very interesting ride until the end of the season with this team...

Old
02-24-2011, 10:39 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Ok...I dont usually complain about this...but seriously Martin must be on crack.

How can you put Gomez's line on the ice with 2 minutes left, when they have been absolutely brutal all game long???

Right when his line came on, I shouted "WTF ARE YOU DOING???" and then they were stuck in their own zone for like 1:30...just...so ****ing sad.

The refs were absolute garbage tonight (seriously, this is HARMING the game of hockey, how can Bettman not be concerned about this???), but the way the habs played...especially on Defense, this was just laughable.

But I'll admit, I really wont be sad when Martin's given the boot. His obsession with Gomez (unless he's been told to show him off? Sure as hell is backfiring) is beyond stupid, it's costing us games.

Gomez should of been benched for the entire third period.

Old
02-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Jedrik

That had to be the worst final 90 seconds in an urgent, down-one-goal game I have ever seen.

Old
02-24-2011, 10:41 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
What's with Martin given Gomez ample time every game, and cuts back on DD, Pools and White. ?
Because contrary to popular belief, Gomez is actually a good player, and contrary to popular believe, Pools-DD-White isn't the shiz. In fact, those three guys are vulnerable defensively and they need to be constantly sheltered. This isn't suprising (they are the fourth line for a reason), but it seems like it's sacrilege for some odd reason.

Well, no, I guess it's understandable, with #blamegomes having become the national hashtag, and the Church of Desharnais having their pow-wow on l'Antichambre.

Old
02-24-2011, 10:43 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
Was it mostly luck, or mostly us getting elite goaltending while our opponents posted AHL caliber netminding? Pens: .891 sv%. Caps: .901 sv%
That would be what I call luck actually. Your goalie goes on a hot streak and the opposing goalie goes cold at the same time. Good fortune right there, because neither goalie the Habs faced was a .901-or-less true talent goalie, and Halak is not a .930 true talent goalie either.

Philly was far and away the worst of the three teams the Habs faced, but their luck ran out.

Old
02-24-2011, 10:44 PM
Stradale

Gomez can do whatever the **** he wants, JM will still give him PP and 20min of icetime.

Old
02-24-2011, 10:45 PM
TheBuriedHab

Wow, just heard Hamrlik got 28 minutes and pk got only 20. Good ****ing job.

Old
02-24-2011, 10:45 PM
FrozenJagrt

Has anyone mentioned that the refs gave the Habs 8 penalties and gave the Leafs 7?

Old
02-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Gary320

Gomez and Halpern getting about 20 minutes.

Desharnais Pacioretty Pouliot getting under 12 minutes..

Yeah, that says alot.

Old
02-24-2011, 10:47 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Because contrary to popular belief, Gomez is actually a good player, and contrary to popular believe, Pools-DD-White isn't the shiz. In fact, those three guys are vulnerable defensively and they need to be constantly sheltered. This isn't suprising (they are the fourth line for a reason), but it seems like it's sacrilege for some odd reason.

Well, no, I guess it's understandable, with #blamegomes having become the national hashtag, and the Church of Desharnais having their pow-wow on l'Antichambre.
Hahahaha!

Gomez's play would be acceptable if he was making half his salary but due to the fact that he isn't, his current production simply isn't acceptable.

Sorry but bringing the puck into the offensive zone and looking right away for the pass isn't enough.

Old
02-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
That had to be the worst final 90 seconds in an urgent, down-one-goal game I have ever seen.
EVER.

its beyond comprehension, that hammer played that much... and subban was not given a chance in the final minute.

Old
02-24-2011, 10:48 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace14 View Post
Has anyone mentioned that the refs gave the Habs 8 penalties and gave the Leafs 7?
What were the PP chances?

Old
02-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Desharnais back checks. As does White. Hell, both are put on the pk, which means they have some defensive ability, no ? Pouliot makes a bunch of nice back checking plays and seems to always be getting back to help out.

Gomez turns the back over and for whatever reason, this year he's been a poor back checker. He's just as likely to get exposed with Gionta and Pacioretty as the other lines are.

On top of that, the other lines can actually finish, unlike Gomez.

Old
02-24-2011, 10:50 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

Best delusional post yet. DD line is dangerous and gets the puck deep into the offensive zone while gomez turns the puck over constantly on almost ever rush. If anyone should be sheltered it is gomez. Ya gomez is such a "good player" he drain the life from every winger we give him and he wont hit 40 points this year.

Watch the games ok?

Closed Thread