HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Demitra and Palffy

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2004, 01:23 PM
  #1
12# Peter Bondra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 8,688
vCash: 500
Demitra and Palffy (don't click me..mod maintence)

Demitra and Palffy both were asked about their situation in the TV here. Palffy said that he didn't want to stay in LA any longer and that's why he refused every LA offer and that he is looking for a new club.

Demitra said that he probably won't return to St.Louis as he is looking for a new team and he said that he doesn't want to play for a Canadian Team.

Source:http://hokej.point.sk/spravy/?clanok=30303

12# Peter Bondra is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 01:26 PM
  #2
Burnaby_Joe*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 7,271
vCash: 500
Demitra should come to Colorado.

Burnaby_Joe* is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 01:28 PM
  #3
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Palffy sounds like he is being selfish. I dont like Demitra as a player but I wish him the best wherever he goes. I just thinkk he and the Blues both need to go in a different direction.

c-carp is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 01:32 PM
  #4
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,154
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
If detroit doesnt resign Shanahan and Chelios they could easily use there money and Hulls and put it towards a gritty forward and someone like Demitra...

zetterberg40 is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 01:35 PM
  #5
guitaraholic*
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
that'd be great to see Demitra disappear in a playoffs FOR Detroit instead of disappearing in a playoffs AGAINST Detroit.

guitaraholic* is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 01:39 PM
  #6
12# Peter Bondra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 8,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footemeister
Demitra should come to Colorado.
Me being a Avs Fan, I would like to see him replace Forsberg if he leaves.

12# Peter Bondra is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 01:47 PM
  #7
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Good find 12# Peter Bondra. Can anyone translate the entire article for me?

 
Old
07-01-2004, 01:54 PM
  #8
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12# Peter Bondra
Me being a Avs Fan, I would like to see him replace Forsberg if he leaves.
He would only take Forsberg's roster spot the Drop off in talent would shock you.

c-carp is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 01:54 PM
  #9
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Palffy sounds like he is being selfish. I dont like Demitra as a player but I wish him the best wherever he goes. I just thinkk he and the Blues both need to go in a different direction.
how is palffy being selfish? he has earned the right to become a free agent and play for whatever team he wants too. He is walking away from a ton of money.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 01:57 PM
  #10
12# Peter Bondra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 8,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Good find 12# Peter Bondra. Can anyone translate the entire article for me?
Translation:

Slovak hockey player Zigmund Palffy has had enough of being in Los Angeles and he won't return to the club.

"For me it's sure, I won't come back" Palffy said. That's why he rejected all of the offers and he became a UFA. LA's last offer was $19,5 million dollars for 3 years.

Demitra has the same intentions as Palffy. He didn't get a qualifiying offer, but the team want's to have hm back. Demitra on the other hand is looking for a new club.

"I would rather stay in the USA than go to Canada" Demitra said, on the rumuors that Vancouver is interested in him. "I had an offer from New York (he didn't say which team), but I don'w want to go there".

12# Peter Bondra is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 01:59 PM
  #11
12# Peter Bondra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 8,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
He would only take Forsberg's roster spot the Drop off in talent would shock you.
But always better than Chris Gratton.

12# Peter Bondra is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 02:08 PM
  #12
topshelf331
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Stl
Country: United States
Posts: 2,195
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12# Peter Bondra
But always better than Chris Gratton.

He's no forsberg, but the talent is that much of a drop off.

topshelf331 is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 02:11 PM
  #13
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
how is palffy being selfish? he has earned the right to become a free agent and play for whatever team he wants too. He is walking away from a ton of money.
I think that he is being selfish because he is walking away from a ton of money and a team that has treated him well.

c-carp is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 02:22 PM
  #14
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
Registered User
 
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: This space.
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
I think that he is being selfish because he is walking away from a ton of money and a team that has treated him well.
Maybe he wants to live and play somewhere else. I'm sure he cares if some fans don't like it.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 02:22 PM
  #15
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12# Peter Bondra
Translation:

Slovak hockey player Zigmund Palffy has had enough of being in Los Angeles and he won't return to the club.

"For me it's sure, I won't come back" Palffy said. That's why he rejected all of the offers and he became a UFA. LA's last offer was $19,5 million dollars for 3 years.

Demitra has the same intentions as Palffy. He didn't get a qualifiying offer, but the team want's to have hm back. Demitra on the other hand is looking for a new club.

"I would rather stay in the USA than go to Canada" Demitra said, on the rumuors that Vancouver is interested in him. "I had an offer from New York (he didn't say which team), but I don'w want to go there".
thank you!

 
Old
07-01-2004, 02:24 PM
  #16
12# Peter Bondra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 8,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
thank you!
No problem.

12# Peter Bondra is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 02:28 PM
  #17
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66
Maybe he wants to live and play somewhere else. I'm sure he cares if some fans don't like it.
I understand that but I think that is a big problem that is in all sports today. Its a privilage to play these games and some of these people seem to be loosing site of how lucky they are. I hate to see this creeping into the NHL. Just my 2 cents.

c-carp is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 02:36 PM
  #18
Rabid Ranger
Drifter
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Old School
Country: United States
Posts: 19,103
vCash: 500
1) I'm not surprised Palffy's had enough of Los Angeles. Much to big a town for him. He needs to be someplace that's out of the limelight, and where he can blend into the background. No amount of money would likely keep him there.

2) Demitra is one of the most talented players in the game. He's a much differant player than Forsberg, but the drop off in sheer talent is not as much as some people are making it seem. It's too bad he didn't use more of that talent in the playoffs, which is the gripe of Blues management and why he's expendable. He'll make some team a nice top two-line player.


Last edited by Rabid Ranger: 07-01-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Rabid Ranger is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 02:39 PM
  #19
12# Peter Bondra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 8,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger
1) I'm not surprised Palffy's had enough of Los Angeles. Much to big a town for him. He needs to be someplace that's out of the limelight, and where he can blend into the background. No amount of money would likely keep him there.

2) Demitra is one of the most talented players in the game. He's a much differant player than Forsberg, but the drop off in sheer talent is not as much as some people are making it seem. It's too bad he didn't use more of that talent in the playoffs, which is the grip of Blues management which is why he's expendable. He'll make some team a nice top two-line player.


Very good post.

12# Peter Bondra is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 03:00 PM
  #20
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina
Registered User
 
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: This space.
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
I understand that but I think that is a big problem that is in all sports today. Its a privilage to play these games and some of these people seem to be loosing site of how lucky they are. I hate to see this creeping into the NHL. Just my 2 cents.
Yeah, but say he signs a 3 year contract, that's 3 years out of his life and playing career. He should go where he'll enjoy himself.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 03:03 PM
  #21
c-carp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66
Yeah, but say he signs a 3 year contract, that's 3 years out of his life and playing career. He should go where he'll enjoy himself.
I guess I just see it different. It cannot be that bad living in LA. He wasnt in Watts or Compton.

c-carp is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 03:06 PM
  #22
MU_Beerman
Registered User
 
MU_Beerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 480
vCash: 500
Any chance Palffy would come to STL? Granted, he would be counted on to provide a lot of offense, but there are other guys here that are considered "leaders" (whether or not they actually do any leading notwithstanding). He's a world class player and should be payed like one, and the Blues wouldn't be able to offer competitive money but who knows? Im worried about the Sejna situation and there being no Slovaks on the team.

MU_Beerman is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 03:13 PM
  #23
Vlad The Impaler
Registered User
 
Vlad The Impaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12# Peter Bondra
he said that he doesn't want to play for a Canadian Team.[/url]

Well, that sucks big time. His prerogative, I suppose.

Vlad The Impaler is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 03:22 PM
  #24
Trottier
Very Random
 
Trottier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 26,547
vCash: 500
These guys are both going to be in for a humbling experience with their next NHL contracts...or else the team acquiring them will be overpaying.

Both are "luxury" players. Highly skilled players, but mercurial and not the type around whom you can build/base a winner, IMO. And these days, too expensive as currently priced to be complimentary guys.

As for the Forsberg, Demitra comparison: One comes to play every night, and for better or worse, is always found in high-traffic areas. Skillsets may be comparable, optimization of said skills are not close. Hence, Forsberg was tendered a $11M contract the other day, Demitra is on the street.

Trottier is offline  
Old
07-01-2004, 04:30 PM
  #25
zeppelin97
Registered User
 
zeppelin97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Japan
Posts: 744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger
1) I'm not surprised Palffy's had enough of Los Angeles. Much to big a town for him. He needs to be someplace that's out of the limelight, and where he can blend into the background. No amount of money would likely keep him there.
Not sure if i agree with you here. LA has no limelight to speak of for hockey players. He can walk down the street and almost noone would recognize him. I think it has more to do with LA trading away some key players, and also losing key players to injuries.

LA's chances of competing for the cup are slim with their roster. I think Ziggy may be unhappy with the direction LA's management is going (read: fiscal responsiblity #1 priority).

zeppelin97 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.