HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Demitra and Palffy

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2004, 01:23 PM
12# Peter Bondra

vCash: 500
Demitra and Palffy (don't click me..mod maintence)

Demitra and Palffy both were asked about their situation in the TV here. Palffy said that he didn't want to stay in LA any longer and that's why he refused every LA offer and that he is looking for a new club.

Demitra said that he probably won't return to St.Louis as he is looking for a new team and he said that he doesn't want to play for a Canadian Team.

Source:http://hokej.point.sk/spravy/?clanok=30303

Old
07-01-2004, 01:26 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

Demitra should come to Colorado.

Old
07-01-2004, 01:28 PM
c-carp

Palffy sounds like he is being selfish. I dont like Demitra as a player but I wish him the best wherever he goes. I just thinkk he and the Blues both need to go in a different direction.

Old
07-01-2004, 01:32 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
If detroit doesnt resign Shanahan and Chelios they could easily use there money and Hulls and put it towards a gritty forward and someone like Demitra...

Old
07-01-2004, 01:35 PM
guitaraholic*

that'd be great to see Demitra disappear in a playoffs FOR Detroit instead of disappearing in a playoffs AGAINST Detroit.

Old
07-01-2004, 01:39 PM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footemeister
Demitra should come to Colorado.
Me being a Avs Fan, I would like to see him replace Forsberg if he leaves.

Old
07-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Good find 12# Peter Bondra. Can anyone translate the entire article for me?

Old
07-01-2004, 01:54 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12# Peter Bondra
Me being a Avs Fan, I would like to see him replace Forsberg if he leaves.
He would only take Forsberg's roster spot the Drop off in talent would shock you.

Old
07-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Palffy sounds like he is being selfish. I dont like Demitra as a player but I wish him the best wherever he goes. I just thinkk he and the Blues both need to go in a different direction.
how is palffy being selfish? he has earned the right to become a free agent and play for whatever team he wants too. He is walking away from a ton of money.

Old
07-01-2004, 01:57 PM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Good find 12# Peter Bondra. Can anyone translate the entire article for me?
Translation:

Slovak hockey player Zigmund Palffy has had enough of being in Los Angeles and he won't return to the club.

"For me it's sure, I won't come back" Palffy said. That's why he rejected all of the offers and he became a UFA. LA's last offer was $19,5 million dollars for 3 years.

Demitra has the same intentions as Palffy. He didn't get a qualifiying offer, but the team want's to have hm back. Demitra on the other hand is looking for a new club.

"I would rather stay in the USA than go to Canada" Demitra said, on the rumuors that Vancouver is interested in him. "I had an offer from New York (he didn't say which team), but I don'w want to go there".

Old
07-01-2004, 01:59 PM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
He would only take Forsberg's roster spot the Drop off in talent would shock you.
But always better than Chris Gratton.

Old
07-01-2004, 02:08 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Quote:
But always better than Chris Gratton.

He's no forsberg, but the talent is that much of a drop off.

Old
07-01-2004, 02:11 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
how is palffy being selfish? he has earned the right to become a free agent and play for whatever team he wants too. He is walking away from a ton of money.
I think that he is being selfish because he is walking away from a ton of money and a team that has treated him well.

Old
07-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
I think that he is being selfish because he is walking away from a ton of money and a team that has treated him well.
Maybe he wants to live and play somewhere else. I'm sure he cares if some fans don't like it.

Old
07-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Translation:

Slovak hockey player Zigmund Palffy has had enough of being in Los Angeles and he won't return to the club.

"For me it's sure, I won't come back" Palffy said. That's why he rejected all of the offers and he became a UFA. LA's last offer was $19,5 million dollars for 3 years.

Demitra has the same intentions as Palffy. He didn't get a qualifiying offer, but the team want's to have hm back. Demitra on the other hand is looking for a new club.

"I would rather stay in the USA than go to Canada" Demitra said, on the rumuors that Vancouver is interested in him. "I had an offer from New York (he didn't say which team), but I don'w want to go there".
thank you!

Old
07-01-2004, 02:24 PM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
thank you!
No problem.

Old
07-01-2004, 02:28 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66
Maybe he wants to live and play somewhere else. I'm sure he cares if some fans don't like it.
I understand that but I think that is a big problem that is in all sports today. Its a privilage to play these games and some of these people seem to be loosing site of how lucky they are. I hate to see this creeping into the NHL. Just my 2 cents.

Old
07-01-2004, 02:36 PM
Rabid Ranger
Drifter

1) I'm not surprised Palffy's had enough of Los Angeles. Much to big a town for him. He needs to be someplace that's out of the limelight, and where he can blend into the background. No amount of money would likely keep him there.

2) Demitra is one of the most talented players in the game. He's a much differant player than Forsberg, but the drop off in sheer talent is not as much as some people are making it seem. It's too bad he didn't use more of that talent in the playoffs, which is the gripe of Blues management and why he's expendable. He'll make some team a nice top two-line player.

Last edited by Rabid Ranger: 07-01-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old
07-01-2004, 02:39 PM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger
1) I'm not surprised Palffy's had enough of Los Angeles. Much to big a town for him. He needs to be someplace that's out of the limelight, and where he can blend into the background. No amount of money would likely keep him there.

2) Demitra is one of the most talented players in the game. He's a much differant player than Forsberg, but the drop off in sheer talent is not as much as some people are making it seem. It's too bad he didn't use more of that talent in the playoffs, which is the grip of Blues management which is why he's expendable. He'll make some team a nice top two-line player.

Very good post.

Old
07-01-2004, 03:00 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
I understand that but I think that is a big problem that is in all sports today. Its a privilage to play these games and some of these people seem to be loosing site of how lucky they are. I hate to see this creeping into the NHL. Just my 2 cents.
Yeah, but say he signs a 3 year contract, that's 3 years out of his life and playing career. He should go where he'll enjoy himself.

Old
07-01-2004, 03:03 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66
Yeah, but say he signs a 3 year contract, that's 3 years out of his life and playing career. He should go where he'll enjoy himself.
I guess I just see it different. It cannot be that bad living in LA. He wasnt in Watts or Compton.

Old
07-01-2004, 03:06 PM
MU_Beerman

Any chance Palffy would come to STL? Granted, he would be counted on to provide a lot of offense, but there are other guys here that are considered "leaders" (whether or not they actually do any leading notwithstanding). He's a world class player and should be payed like one, and the Blues wouldn't be able to offer competitive money but who knows? Im worried about the Sejna situation and there being no Slovaks on the team.

Old
07-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
he said that he doesn't want to play for a Canadian Team.[/url]

Well, that sucks big time. His prerogative, I suppose.

Old
07-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Trottier
Very Random

These guys are both going to be in for a humbling experience with their next NHL contracts...or else the team acquiring them will be overpaying.

Both are "luxury" players. Highly skilled players, but mercurial and not the type around whom you can build/base a winner, IMO. And these days, too expensive as currently priced to be complimentary guys.

As for the Forsberg, Demitra comparison: One comes to play every night, and for better or worse, is always found in high-traffic areas. Skillsets may be comparable, optimization of said skills are not close. Hence, Forsberg was tendered a $11M contract the other day, Demitra is on the street.

Old
07-01-2004, 04:30 PM
zeppelin97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger
Not sure if i agree with you here. LA has no limelight to speak of for hockey players. He can walk down the street and almost noone would recognize him. I think it has more to do with LA trading away some key players, and also losing key players to injuries.

LA's chances of competing for the cup are slim with their roster. I think Ziggy may be unhappy with the direction LA's management is going (read: fiscal responsiblity #1 priority).

Closed Thread