HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Demitra and Palffy

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2004, 04:45 PM
skolgoar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppelin97
Not sure if i agree with you here. LA has no limelight to speak of for hockey players. He can walk down the street and almost noone would recognize him. I think it has more to do with LA trading away some key players, and also losing key players to injuries.

LA's chances of competing for the cup are slim with their roster. I think Ziggy may be unhappy with the direction LA's management is going (read: fiscal responsiblity #1 priority).
Well, Ziggy found his own limelight last season when the police came to his house. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that his issues are with LA law enforcement, prosecutors and media as much as anything that the Kings are doing.

Also, it's hard to say that the Kings are headed towards fiscal responsibility when they sign 2 35+ veterans in the final days of June. Besides, as I recall, the teams that spent a lot in the UFA market last season were nowhere to be found when the SC Finals were played. Beyond making the stupid decision of qualifying two players who didn't even practice with the team last season and committing over $10M to do so, exactly what were the Kings supposed to do before the UFA deadline?

Closed Thread