HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs-Kings deadline deal

Old
02-25-2011, 04:39 AM
BallardisDead

vCash: 500
Leafs-Kings deadline deal

L.A. needs a top six forward and the Leafs wish to improve their team in the long term without sacrificing their current momentum.

To Los Angeles: Clark MacArthur, Joe Colborne, 2011 1st(Boston's)
To Toronto: Brayden Schenn, Alexei Ponikarovsky

Ponikarovsky can move back to his spot with Grabovski and Kulemin for the season, and the Leafs get a player they really covet at the expense of recently acquired assets.

BallardisDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 04:51 AM
Orenji

No from the Kings.

Just no.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 04:52 AM
iBlaze81

obviously B.Schenn is involved

iBlaze81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 04:53 AM
Le Rosbeef

I'll make a prediction about how many Kings fans will want this deal: I'll give you a clue, it rhymes with "Schmeeero".

Le Rosbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 05:09 AM
ItsOurGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Rosbeef View Post
I'll make a prediction about how many Kings fans will want this deal: I'll give you a clue, it rhymes with "Schmeeero".
Who is Robert DeNiro?

ItsOurGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 05:11 AM
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm starting to think Kopitar would be moved before Schenn. AKA never. Schenn is a guy that can step in and be that #1 guy for them one day. The Kings wont trade him, not short of an elite young player going the other way.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 05:16 AM
tempest2i
Feral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallardisDead View Post
L.A. needs a top six forward and the Leafs wish to improve their team in the long term without sacrificing their current momentum.

Ponikarovsky can move back to his spot with Grabovski and Kulemin for the season, and the Leafs get a player they really covet at the expense of recently acquired assets.
I don't see how this trade would make the Kings better for a playoff push. They need an elite top line winger, not MacArthur and some prospects.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 05:29 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 06:00 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Sorry, but that isn't likely to get you Schenn alone.

Kings fans couldn't possibly stomach the idea of trading Schenn for Hemsky straight up and I'm confident that I'm not the only Oilers fan who couldn't stomach the idea of trading Hemsky alone for this package.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 06:11 AM
stavs

No from leafs fan here, I would personally like to see colborne pan out, watched a couple marlie games and he looks like an upcoming stud and is a big center who can use his body. I dont want anyone touching the Mac-Grab-Kule line so thats that.

Besides we have a very similar prospect in Kadri who is actually ahead and more NHL ready than Schenn having played this year in the AHL and playing at a PPG rate. Why would we want him other than uniting him and his older brother?

Schenn is the only nice piece in the kings offer, poni is as good as useless and is soft. Schenn is probably going to be good, but he's unproven and not worth Mac, an 8.0 rated prospect in Colborne and a 2012 first rounder.

stavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 06:45 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stavs View Post
No from leafs fan here, I would personally like to see colborne pan out, watched a couple marlie games and he looks like an upcoming stud and is a big center who can use his body. I dont want anyone touching the Mac-Grab-Kule line so thats that.

Besides we have a very similar prospect in Kadri who is actually ahead and more NHL ready than Schenn having played this year in the AHL and playing at a PPG rate. Why would we want him other than uniting him and his older brother?

Schenn is the only nice piece in the kings offer, poni is as good as useless and is soft. Schenn is probably going to be good, but he's unproven and not worth Mac, an 8.0 rated prospect in Colborne and a 2012 first rounder.

Is that you, Jfried?

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 07:07 AM
stavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Is that you, Jfried?
what are u talking about? Just stating facts here, Schenn is way too overvalued on these boards and it needs to be said. Still unproven with good upside, but still UNPROVEN. Colborne could easily turn into a 1st or 2nd line centerman as he was rated the bruins top prospect before we pried him from Boston. And also add in Mac who is projected for 60ish points this season at 1.1 mil steal and a 1st rounder for an unproven prospect with good upside and a useless russian who hasnt even produced 10 points this season.

Leafs get much worse with this trade for basically another kadri type player.

DO NOT WANT

Please get off Schenn's nuts if you think he's anywhere near as much as you LA fans want to think he's worth. He's good, but really come on...I'm getting sick of all these trade offers on here for Schenn and LA fans demanding so much, same goes for Toronto fans who for some reason think Schenn is the next big thing and want to trade anyone to get him here.

stavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 07:19 AM
bral
Go Kings!

Counter:

To LA: Luke Schenn

To TO: Brayden Schenn

bral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 07:45 AM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
what are u talking about? Just stating facts here, Schenn is way too overvalued on these boards and it needs to be said. Still unproven with good upside, but still UNPROVEN. Colborne could easily turn into a 1st or 2nd line centerman as he was rated the bruins top prospect before we pried him from Boston. And also add in Mac who is projected for 60ish points this season at 1.1 mil steal and a 1st rounder for an unproven prospect with good upside and a useless russian who hasnt even produced 10 points this season.

DO NOT WANT

Please get off Schenn's nuts if you think he's anywhere near as much as you LA fans want to think he's worth. He's good, but really come on...I'm getting sick of all these trade offers on here for Schenn and LA fans demanding so much, same goes for Toronto fans who for some reason think Schenn is the next big thing and want to trade anyone to get him here.
See, the thing about that...is that he's not.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 07:59 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom

How did I know before even opening this thread that it was yet ANOTHER Schenn to Toronto thread? Give it up, Leaf fans. The only way there will be a TOR-LA trade involving Schenn is if it's Luke, not Brayden.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:36 AM
WWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post

How did I know before even opening this thread that it was yet ANOTHER Schenn to Toronto thread? Give it up, Leaf fans. The only way there will be a TOR-LA trade involving Schenn is if it's Luke, not Brayden.
If this is how you feel about these proposals you can simply ignore. Or all the Kings fans can just agree to one of these proposals and maybe they will end. This proposal, by the way, is not good for either team. Leafs give up too much and Kings do not get what they need.

WWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:38 AM
R0CKET

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlaze81 View Post
obviously B.Schenn is involved
Some Leaf fans are so obsessed with Schenn that they almost look like stalkers for the guy.

R0CKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:46 AM
NiL8r87

Ugh even I'm getting tired of reading these (why do I even come in these threads then? )

Kings have no reason to trade Schenn for that package, and the Leafs are getting terrible value trading a top prospect, a guy contributing to their top 6 during a playoff push, and a 1st rounder for another top (albeit more elite) prospect. It's just dumb at this point.

NiL8r87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:53 AM
Orenji

Old
02-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Vexxed14

Kings say no? (which I agree with) But I wouldn't even think about this from the leafs perspective. No no and no

Vexxed14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:58 AM
hatterson
Global Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
Quote:

DO NOT WANT

Schenn is unproven so his value is lower, but Colborne has great potential so his value is high?

hatterson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Orenji

It doesn't work for either team. What the Leafs are giving don't help the King at all. We need a proven first line winger. We don't need anymore prospects, picks, whatever.

Leafs don't need to be giving away players who are actually helping them. They're .500 now and have a chance of making the playoffs, so they should be keeping everyone they have.

There's a 0% Schenn is a Leaf. The Leafs would have to give up too much and that would detour from their current winning ways.

Old
02-25-2011, 09:12 AM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Kopitar looks like Count Dracula

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 09:15 AM
copter

I'm not a fan of either team but there is no way the Kings move Schenn to Toronto for anything short of Kessel.

copter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 09:26 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallardisDead View Post

Horrible trade for kings.

Any deal for schenn kadri or kessel is going the other way

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote