HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Tomáš Hertl (2012, 17th overall, San Jose)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2011, 06:22 AM
  #1
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,765
vCash: 500
C Tomáš Hertl (2012, 17th overall, San Jose)

Just wondering if any Czech fans can comment on his play and how he compares to Jaskin.


Last edited by Mathletic: 11-16-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:30 PM
  #2
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 974
vCash: 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
Just wondering if any Czech fans can comment on his play and how he compares to Jaskin.
From Red Line Report scout Radim Jelinek:

Tomas Hertl is big and strong creative playmaker with soft hands, excellent stick skills, vision, smartness. Smooth skater with speed, agility, balance. Slick with puck in tight, tough to separate off the puck, shields the puck very well.

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:41 PM
  #3
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,976
vCash: 500
I think there is good chance he goes to CHL after this season (haven't heard nothing though). There are many young players on Slavia's roster right now and I'm not sure if they will be willing to give Hertl his roster spot next season and I doubt he'd want to spent his draft year with U20 team or in 1. liga.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:59 PM
  #4
joey16
Registered User
 
joey16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
I think there is good chance he goes to CHL after this season (haven't heard nothing though). There are many young players on Slavia's roster right now and I'm not sure if they will be willing to give Hertl his roster spot next season and I doubt he'd want to spent his draft year with U20 team or in 1. liga.
I think Růžička may give him a spot next year. He already played one match in extraliga against Brno last week and he was really good.. This year it´s been Jaškin, why not Hertl the next one...

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 02:34 PM
  #5
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey16 View Post
I think Růžička may give him a spot next year. He already played one match in extraliga against Brno last week and he was really good.. This year it´s been Jaškin, why not Hertl the next one...
It'd be great of course.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2011, 12:06 AM
  #6
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!
 
mazmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,103
vCash: 500
He seems to be off to a good start on a promising team in the top Czech league. Interesting prospect indeed.

mazmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 01:59 AM
  #7
Mathletic
Registered User
 
Mathletic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: St-Augustin, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,765
vCash: 500
I don't know if anyone followed the Rangers game last night. Hertl plays for HC Slavia Praha, so any report would be appreciated.

Still interested to know how he compares to Jaskin since they're on the same team.

Part of that team are former NHLers Tomáš Kůrka and Vladimír Růžička.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2011, 03:08 AM
  #8
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
From Red Line Report scout Radim Jelinek:

Tomas Hertl is big and strong creative playmaker with soft hands, excellent stick skills, vision, smartness. Smooth skater with speed, agility, balance. Slick with puck in tight, tough to separate off the puck, shields the puck very well.
foot speed is weakness

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 02:23 PM
  #9
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 974
vCash: 1600
6 points in 7 Extraliga games so far (3+3). Looking good!

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2011, 08:35 AM
  #10
0123456789*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Another goal Sunday which would give him 4 goals and 3 assists in 9 games. Good for second on the team in points and top 20 in the league in goals and points. Always some luck involved in these cases but he is looking good and confident. Nine games in and he is still finding ways to score and get points.

Jaskin meanwhile has 1 assist in 9 games and is a -4 but its not that he isnt trying but the luck isnt there and confidence is slowly disapearing.

0123456789* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2011, 05:18 AM
  #11
joey16
Registered User
 
joey16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
2+1 last night... he has now 10 points in 10 games.. pretty impressive

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 08:56 AM
  #12
Bojovnik
Registered User
 
Bojovnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 2,059
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Bojovnik
It's amazing that in his first season, he's so far been head and above Slavia's best player this season.

His stock is certainly rising quickly. Comparisons to Roman Cervenka surely?

Bojovnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:30 PM
  #13
0123456789*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
It's amazing that in his first season, he's so far been head and above Slavia's best player this season.

His stock is certainly rising quickly. Comparisons to Roman Cervenka surely?
Difference is he has a 8+ cm height difference(more than 3 inches) and is still 17.

Now leads his team in points and is 8th in the league in points and goals.

12games - 6goals - 6assists - 12points.

I think everyone is surprised at this point with what he has done.


Last edited by 0123456789*: 10-17-2011 at 06:55 PM.
0123456789* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:41 PM
  #14
bcv
My french sucks.
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,086
vCash: 500
So, are we talking about a 1st rounder or is it too soon? There is no way the Habs draft another Dman next year, should he be on my radar for the next draft?

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 06:49 PM
  #15
0123456789*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
So, are we talking about a 1st rounder or is it too soon? There is no way the Habs draft another Dman next year, should he be on my radar for the next draft?
He was projected as a first rounder for the last few years by many people but had some injuries and a off year last year and dropped a bit off the radar. At this point(and I am in Prague and have seen him personally) I would have to think he is definitely a first rounder. But the season is still young so I dont want to fall in the trap again of trying to project a draft position, but top 15 is a possibility for him especially since his team is well scouted. I have a hard time seeing him outside of the 1st round at this point though, mind you I said that about Jaskin last year but Hertl does have loads more potential.

0123456789* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2011, 09:09 PM
  #16
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 27,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
So, are we talking about a 1st rounder or is it too soon? There is no way the Habs draft another Dman next year, should he be on my radar for the next draft?
Don't be moving in on my Czechs and Slovaks when our mock draft comes around!! But yeah, he's cementing his case as a 1st rounder, whatever one's opinion of the Czech league may be. I'm also interested in that Nathan Walker (Aussie kid) over there.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 07:23 AM
  #17
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frkinator View Post
Difference is he has a 8+ cm height difference(more than 3 inches) and is still 17.

Now leads his team in points and is 8th in the league in points and goals.

12games - 6goals - 6assists - 12points.

I think everyone is surprised at this point with what he has done.
Plus Cervenka is soft while Hertl definitely not.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 06:09 AM
  #18
joey16
Registered User
 
joey16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
15 points in 19 matches now it is. He is pretty overlooked in my opinion, could be a steal

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 10:14 AM
  #19
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey16 View Post
15 points in 19 matches now it is. He is pretty overlooked in my opinion, could be a steal
I don't even remember when was the last time something like that was happening in Czech Extraliga.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 10:49 AM
  #20
joey16
Registered User
 
joey16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
I don't even remember when was the last time something like that was happening in Czech Extraliga.
Yeah, I guess the last time it was Hudler 9 years ago. Too bad Jaškin has been struggling.

joey16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 06:17 PM
  #21
Defsta
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 375
vCash: 500
I was just wondering what's wrong with this guy as couldn't find him any of rankings around even he has had really good start this season. Except he has had injuries in the past but it seems he's over with those by now.

Defsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 03:46 PM
  #22
YARR123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,711
vCash: 500
Very impressive stats and size. Will be interesting how he develops, I assume he will be playing for Czech WJC team?

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:43 PM
  #23
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 974
vCash: 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Very impressive stats and size. Will be interesting how he develops, I assume he will be playing for Czech WJC team?
Barring injury, 100% sure. Pity Slavia Prague aren't doing so well in the Extraliga, otherwise Hadamczik might have invited him along to Karjala........Not to worry, it can wait.

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:47 PM
  #24
Swipes
Registered User
 
Swipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 974
vCash: 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
I don't even remember when was the last time something like that was happening in Czech Extraliga.
Neither do I. He might be that difference maker in a close game against Finland for the quarter-final berth at this years WJC (assuming we beat Denmark and lose to CAN + USA).

Swipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 11:50 PM
  #25
ccgg
Registered User
 
ccgg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rimouski
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipes View Post
From Red Line Report scout Radim Jelinek:

Tomas Hertl is big and strong creative playmaker with soft hands, excellent stick skills, vision, smartness. Smooth skater with speed, agility, balance. Slick with puck in tight, tough to separate off the puck, shields the puck very well.
How is his forechecking, backchecking, defensive game, physical game (very agressive or passive), upside, comparison, style ? I know it's a lot of information.

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.