HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Briere back to Buffalo

Old
02-25-2011, 09:39 AM
buffalocupcrazy*

vCash: 500
Briere back to Buffalo

What would it take?

To PHL:

Roy
Stafford
Pick

To BUF:

Briere

buffalocupcrazy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Havok89

No thanks, we need a younger #1 center, our chance to sign him long term is over, **** you Golisano, Buffalo fans gotta move on from Briere and Drury.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

In the past he has refused to waive his NTC. I doubt he wants to go from a contender to a rebuilding type club.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 09:59 AM
Blitz
GONNA TAKE ReinHART

I might just be petty, but I still consider Briere to be a major turncoat and would never welcome him back - He was/is clearly all about the money as Philly was a worse team than Buffalo when he left, besides that, of all the teams to go to the only ones more hated than the Flyers would have been TO & Boston.

I will still boo him every time I see him and personally I would rather not jeer someone wearing blue and gold (...unless it's Lalime. )

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:03 AM
GAGLine

You misspelled Drury

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:04 AM
ClearedButNotOut
Fixity

vCash: 213
Terrible idea. Why do so many Sabre fans live in the past? Move on.

ClearedButNotOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:05 AM
Jimmy Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalocupcrazy View Post
What would it take?

To PHL:

Roy
Stafford
Pick

To BUF:

Briere

Oh wait, you were serious?

Sorry dude, but Briere wouldn't waive to go back, I would imagine Sabres in general wouldn't WANT him back, and I can't see the Flyers wanting to move him because he is a big post season player, and that's where the Flyers wanna be making noises right now.

Jimmy Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:06 AM
bpc2083

Absolutely NOT.

bpc2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:07 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
In the past he has refused to waive his NTC. I doubt he wants to go from a contender to a rebuilding type club.
proof?

Homer has never asked Briere to waive his NMC

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:09 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
I might just be petty, but I still consider Briere to be a major turncoat and would never welcome him back - He was/is clearly all about the money as Philly was a worse team than Buffalo when he left, besides that, of all the teams to go to the only ones more hated than the Flyers would have been TO & Boston.

I will still boo him every time I see him and personally I would rather not jeer someone wearing blue and gold (...unless it's Lalime. )
so when the Sabres had their chance to sign Briere to a long-term deal and didnt, and instead gave him a 1-year deal, basically telling him that they dont want to invest their future in him, it's Briere's fault?

There's a reason why he left Buffalo

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
proof?

Homer has never asked Briere to waive his NMC
Never said he (Homer) did.

Just repeating what Flyer fans on this board told me. Apparantly, according to them, Briere said he would not waive his NTC.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Blitz
GONNA TAKE ReinHART

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagining Defeat View Post
Terrible idea. Why do so many Sabre fans live in the past? Move on.
So true. I hope the same crap (bring back Connolly threads) doesn't happen with Timmy in 4-5 years... but it will.

Old
02-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
The ship has sailed. It's time to move on and live in the present.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Blitz
GONNA TAKE ReinHART

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
so when the Sabres had their chance to sign Briere to a long-term deal and didnt, and instead gave him a 1-year deal, basically telling him that they dont want to invest their future in him, it's Briere's fault?

There's a reason why he left Buffalo
He got the one year deal after turning down a 5 yr. $25M deal to stay. Apparently he was looking for $6.5 - $7M/yr. long term (which he got in PHI). So, ya - It's all about the money to Danny-boy. Regier should have picked Drury...

Old
02-25-2011, 10:22 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

briere is a playoff beast. gonna be hard to convince the flyers to let him go, let alone briere waving for a trade to a non-cup contender

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:24 AM
buffalocupcrazy*

Quote:
He got the one year deal after turning down a 5 yr. $25M deal to stay. Apparently he was looking for $6.5 - $7M/yr. long term (which he got in PHI). So, ya - It's all about the money to Danny-boy. Regier should have picked Drury...

uh no, you have it backwards. briere's camp was the one asking for a 5 year, 25 million deal prior to the arbitration hearing.

the sabres balked because they were focused on signing drury. (fail)

get your facts straight man, briere openly stated thousands of times he didn't want to leave buffalo

Old
02-25-2011, 10:31 AM
KevinFG

Send a message via Skype™ to KevinFG
The Sabres put the French Connection on the ice Wednesday night. As good as a trade.....

Seriously though, we Sabres fans DO need to get past the B & D drama. I wouldn't want either back at their current price points (especially Drury).

Let's get a young #1 center prospect, a competent partner for Tyler Myers, lose Neids, Grier and Hecht and see what Adam and Byron can do to close out the year.

With Kassian and Foligno waiting in the wings, the 3 Year Plan Pegula has discussed is in motion.

KevinFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:34 AM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Aside from the fact that what you wrote isn't true, Briere also passed up bigger dollars from the Habs to come to Philly. So there's that.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

I'd take Briere back in a heartbeat at his current contract, but I can't even begin to think about what kind of deal would work between the two teams that would be fair and would motivate the trade.

I just can't see it happening for multiple reasons.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Blitz
GONNA TAKE ReinHART

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalocupcrazy View Post
uh no, you have it backwards. briere's camp was the one asking for a 5 year, 25 million deal prior to the arbitration hearing.

the sabres balked because they were focused on signing drury. (fail)

get your facts straight man, briere openly stated thousands of times he didn't want to leave buffalo
http://www.thespec.com/sports/articl...s-sabres-offer

Speaking of getting facts straight... go ahead, have a read.... I'll wait here for you to come back and make a retraction

"The Sabres, it's believed, offered Briere a five-year deal worth around $25 million US this week, which wasn't a raise over the $5 million he earned this past season while putting up a career-high 95 points (32-63) in 81 games. Briere's agent Pat Brisson told the Sabres they would try out free agency."

Yeah... Soooo.... IMO Danny remains a huge turncoat... Don't get me wrong Drury is too....

"It was also reported that Sabres teammate and fellow star centre Chris Drury also turned down a long-term offer from the NHL club this week but his agent Mark Witkin would not comment nor confirm that when reached yesterday."

Old
02-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:

Speaking of getting facts straight... go ahead, have a read.... I'll wait here for you to come back and make a retraction

"The Sabres, it's believed, offered Briere a five-year deal worth around $25 million US this week, which wasn't a raise over the $5 million he earned this past season while putting up a career-high 95 points (32-63) in 81 games. Briere's agent Pat Brisson told the Sabres they would try out free agency."

Yeah... Soooo.... IMO Danny remains a huge turncoat... Don't get me wrong Drury is too....

"It was also reported that Sabres teammate and fellow star centre Chris Drury also turned down a long-term offer from the NHL club this week but his agent Mark Witkin would not comment nor confirm that when reached yesterday."
Briere asked for the 5/25M the previous summer and they only offered a 1/5M deal. Briere signed the 1 year deal then had 95 points that year and Buffalo, on the eve of free agency offers the 5/25M deal. Talk about a slap in the face. If I were Briere, I wouldn't have signed either.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Wow. That is a horrific deal for Buffalo. Holy crap.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Quote:

I think what happened is that earlier on in this process, the Sabres and Briere were close to that 5 year/25 million dollar deal, but the Sabres wouldn't finish it. Then later, after Briere had a 95 point year, the Sabres thought they could just come back with the same offer and get it done, which obviously wasn't going to happen.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:22 AM
buffalocupcrazy*

Quote:

if you just had your best season ever, and your boss offered you NO raise for the next five years, but you knew there were teams out there that would, what the hell would you have done?!

you're manipulating facts/stories to try and work them to prove your point. briere's camp wanted that deal BEFORE arbitration and the 95 point season...the sabres balked and he had a career year. two freaking days before free agency they offer him the deal the briere camp was begging them to take in the summer. total slap in the face by the sabres

go ahead and tell me briere was in the wrong. you would have done the exact same thing. he was worth more than 5 million after his career year. you would have done the same thing

Old
02-25-2011, 11:34 AM
The Flin Flon Bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Never said he (Homer) did.

Just repeating what Flyer fans on this board told me. Apparantly, according to them, Briere said he would not waive his NTC.
I don't even if he ever outright said he would or wouldn't. ( He may have and I just missed it). However, he recently got divorced and his ex and 3 kids still live in Philly, so there's family reasons why he wouldn't want to leave the area. I'd be surprised, knowing this, if Homer would even ask him to waive.

The Flin Flon Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote