HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Col-mtl

Old
02-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Skarjak

vCash: 500
I think people need to dissociate "value to our team" from "objective value". This deal might not meet Colorado's current needs, but it's certainly overpayment from Montréal. Look at past deals. This is the kind of package that nets you a superstar.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:11 AM
EdAVSfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianeh View Post
Stastny is very good.... but he's not THAT good.

I don't think i'd mortgage that many assets for 1 guy unless they are named Crosby.
Very good. So, to solve the problem, dont mortgage MANY assets. Give us less, but the players involved should be more valuable.

EdAVSfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:15 AM
EdAVSfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
If i was new to this board and didn't know anything about the NHL, i'd think Stastny was far superior than Gretzky, with all this proposals.

But, this is the HF, where players get overrated way too much, more so than anywhere else where there is hockey talk.
Actually, the Stastny proposals are being compared to actual previously rumored proposals. JJ, Stoll and Bernier.

I dont get it. We're parting with a #1 center, and the habs part with two players, who, when the lineup is healthy, dont fit into their top 6 (offensively) or top 4 (defensively). And we're supposed to be happy with the deal. It solves no issues on our team and sets up back at least 2 years.

Sign me up!!

Old
02-25-2011, 11:17 AM
EdAVSfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarjak View Post
I think people need to dissociate "value to our team" from "objective value". This deal might not meet Colorado's current needs, but it's certainly overpayment from Montréal. Look at past deals. This is the kind of package that nets you a superstar.
Please explain.

This type of package nets you a superstar RENTAL.

Im not saying the package has no value, but it has no value to Colorado. If the proposal is between MTL-COL, then the proposed trade should address needs for both teams.

Last edited by EdAVSfan: 02-25-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old
02-25-2011, 11:19 AM
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieAVS View Post
Actually, the Stastny proposals are being compared to actual previously rumored proposals. JJ, Stoll and Bernier.

I dont get it. We're parting with a #1 center, and the habs part with two players, who, when the lineup is healthy, dont fit into their top 6 (offensively) or top 4 (defensively). And we're supposed to be happy with the deal. It solves no issues on our team and sets up back at least 2 years.

Sign me up!!
I'm all for that proposal, LETS DO IT!!!

But that was only Dater jumping to conclusions.

the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:22 AM
EdAVSfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
I'm all for that proposal, LETS DO IT!!!

But that was only Dater jumping to conclusions.
Maybe it was only Dater. But already, just looking at the pieces of the deal make so much more sense for the two teams involved.

Old
02-25-2011, 11:36 AM
29AvalancheWarning09
Stanley Cup Attitude

Quote:
Please explain.

This type of package nets you a superstar RENTAL.

Im not saying the package has no value, but it has no value to Colorado. If the proposal is between MTL-COL, then the proposed trade should address needs for both teams.
he has 2 years left on his contract hardly a rental.

29AvalancheWarning09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

So, we'll have a vastly overpaid centre in Gomez and a sligtly overpaid Stastny and no future and no room to make a solid defense squad ?

Nah. We can only take on Stastny if Gomez is dealt somewhere else.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Landeslog

People need to understand that when Avs fans turn down all your prospects it's not insulting their abilities.

Why on earth would the Avs want to trade Stastny for someone who has Stastny potential? WHY? And why do we want a potentially good defenseman that fit the exact same mold of potentially good defensemen the Avs currently have?

PLUS people aren't even taking salary into account. We need a large contract coming back or the trade can't even happen.

The Avs don't NEED to trade Stastny. In fact, it's quite the opposite. If we're trading him it's for an ALREADY #1 defensman that is not a PMD. We don't want picks or prospects for him.

Landeslog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:59 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:

Sign me up!!
Both are 21, Webers playing big minutes and showing solid defense, the offense he exhibits will come, and Eller is trapped behind Gomez and Plekanec but still shows flashes

I thought the avs were rebuilding hence the prospects and picks

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Landeslog

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
Both are 21, Webers playing big minutes and showing solid defense, the offense he exhibits will come, and Eller is trapped behind Gomez and Plekanec but still shows flashes

I thought the avs were rebuilding hence the prospects and picks

Maybe if Stastny were 35, strading him for picks and prospects would make sense. Seeing as he's 25 and a ppg center with a strong defensive game, losing him for picks and prospects would send us back 3 years. We're building around Stastny and the only thing that he'll be traded for is super promising young goalie and really good NOT PMD.

Old
02-25-2011, 01:11 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam333 View Post
Maybe if Stastny were 35, strading him for picks and prospects would make sense. Seeing as he's 25 and a ppg center with a strong defensive game, losing him for picks and prospects would send us back 3 years. We're building around Stastny and the only thing that he'll be traded for is super promising young goalie and really good NOT PMD.
I assumed he was available as offers were being listened too as it seems he has an issue with management sorry for misinterpreting, we could offer up Nash rather then Weber, he's 6'3 and by all accounts is performing well beyond expectations

Old
02-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Actually, the Stastny proposals are being compared to actual previously rumored proposals.
Well as long as they were actual rumours and not just rumoured rumours....

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:13 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

also I thought you were building around duchene?

Old
02-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Corncob

Quote:
I assumed he was available as offers were being listened too as it seems he has an issue with management
Hang on, is it Paul Stastny or Peter Stastny you're trying to trade for here?

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Landeslog

Quote:
I assumed he was available as offers were being listened too as it seems he has an issue with management sorry for misinterpreting, we could offer up Nash rather then Weber, he's 6'3 and by all accounts is performing well beyond expectations
No, there was one rumored trade that had Jack Johnson and Bernier coming back. And people assumed because of that, he was available and being shopped.
If anything, the Avs have claimed that they'll take offers, but they're not TRYING to trade him

And Duchene has higher potential than Stastny, but the Avs build around a 1-2 center punch.

Also, PETER Stastny criticized management. Paul came out and said he disagrees with his dad and wants to stay an Av. Stastny is really good friends with Erik Johnson so I don't think he was THAT torn apart at trading Stewart

Old
02-25-2011, 01:19 PM
29AvalancheWarning09
Stanley Cup Attitude

Quote:
also I thought you were building around duchene?
building around stas duchene and ej

29AvalancheWarning09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Quantity =/= Quality

Just sayin'
Da hell? a 2011 1st, a 2012 1st, Eller and Weber is considered quantity??!! Give your head a shake dude, it's Paul Statsny we're talking about, not Ovechkin.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Landeslog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Da hell? a 2011 1st, a 2012 1st, Eller and Weber is considered quantity??!! Give your head a shake dude, it's Paul Statsny we're talking about, not Ovechkin.
value-wise it's okay but the Avs aren't going to do it because this is not what we need.
If the Avs were shopping Stastny and he was demanding a trade we may accept a package. But that's not the case, we don't want a package of picks and prospects we want players that are Stastny quality NOW

Old
02-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 0
When people say you don't make quality for quantity trades when Stastny is involved, it doesn't mean the sum of the value of what you offer is poor. It just means your package lack a center piece that would make Avs interested. As does this package.

Nothing here really makes Avs sit up and listen. Eller and Weber, while certainly possibly being able to turn into good players are one or two steps behind the caliber of prospects that could be a good center piece of a trade like this. Two picks in the lower half of the first round also, while being nice, isn't really something to get all excited about.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Lol ok...

Lars Eller - Nice prospect but unproven commodity (does he have the potential to be a top 6 forward? Maybe but remains to be seen) [64 NHL GP]

Yannick Weber - Decent prospect but unproven commodity (does he have top-4 potential? Maybe but remains to be seen) [41 NHL GP]

1st in 2011 - (probably in the 15-25 range) has value but still...unproven commodity
1st in 2012 - (probably in the 15-25 range) has value but stil...unproven commidity

So basically, this PHENOMENAL PACKAGE, that should net OVECHKIN, is a giant overpayment because we're trading our ALREADY ESTABLISHED point per game, #1 center, who plays a great 2 way game????

Perhaps, I'm wrong in my assesment and Eller is a SURE-FIRE, BLUE-CHIP top line forward and Yannick Weber is a SURE-FIRE, BLUE-CHIP top pairing d-man??? Yeah, that's probably it.

Give YOUR head a shake, these are pieces that most habs fans don't mind parting with. The 1st round picks are nice but in no way a guarantee that they'll turn out to be players.

By the way, this is coming from someone who is a HUGE fan of Lars Eller. Personally, I believe he's going to turn out to be a pretty good player but for right now, it's still far from a sure thing.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Drydenwasthebest

This proposal simply doesn't work. Whether the value is fair or not is immaterial. Avs fans state it does not address team needs, and Habs fans state it is too much for us to give to get a single player who is very good in a comparable manner to Plekanec. So, the proposal is just wrong for these two teams. Avs fans could simply leave it there, rather than trying to prove how "pathetic" the deal is. In terms of value, most teams would consider such a package for a good player. I know if a similar offer for Plekanec arose, we would consider it and weigh it in terms of our needs, rather than in terms of insulting the players involved.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
AMDZen
Moon June Spoon Goon

Add Kostitsyn and its a deal

AMDZen is offline   Reply With Quote