HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[Fri] Sturm (WSH), Boynton (PHI), Rivet (CBJ), all others clear

Old
02-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Blikian29

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Blikian29
Kings are in a very interesting situation right now. They waived Sturm thinking they'd call up Loktionov if he was claimed, or play Marco if he wasn't. You'd have to think that Lombardi is going to make a deal now. I can't think of anyone in Manchester who can step into a top-6 role.

Blikian29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:00 PM
gotmonte

YEAH! Newbury cleared!

I like this kids play. Plays with "jam".

<----- Tort's

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
It's all because he had taken Schenn's number.
When I went to TSN this morning and saw the Kings player in the #10 sweater, I thought "Here we go"... then realized that it was just Marco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Because Lokti hurting his shoulder was totally something LA could have prevented.
True, but LA could've prevented Sturm from being claimed on waivers... by not waiving him. If Lombardi eventually needed to make room to complete a trade, he could've waited until then and flipped Sturm to Washington (or someone else) for a conditional 7th (i.e. essentially as free as waivers). He could've guarded his assets a little more carefully than he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blikian29 View Post
Kings are in a very interesting situation right now. They waived Sturm thinking they'd call up Loktionov if he was claimed, or play Marco if he wasn't. You'd have to think that Lombardi is going to make a deal now. I can't think of anyone in Manchester who can step into a top-6 role.
Lombardi pretty much has to do something just to "break even," so to speak. Before, he was likely to acquire another Modin/Halpern/Sturm type and make that his big deadline "improvement." Now, doing that will just get them back to how they were a few days ago, if even that. He'll need to do two such minor deals or one major one to actually improve the team.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
He's the 7th guy. Only sees the ice in case of injury.
Which happens to be tonight. For tonights game, you traded JVR for Boynton.

Boynton seems to make other defenders around him worse, so I really hope for flyer fans sake that you guys have 0 injuries like the Hawks did in the playoffs last year. Luckily, we only had to play Boynton a few times in the playoffs last year.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 05:58 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Which happens to be tonight. For tonights game, you traded JVR for Boynton.

Boynton seems to make other defenders around him worse, so I really hope for flyer fans sake that you guys have 0 injuries like the Hawks did in the playoffs last year. Luckily, we only had to play Boynton a few times in the playoffs last year.
Boynton isn't playing tonight, Eric Gustafsson is.

Who's Eric Gustafsson you ask? Exactly. He has ZERO NHL games under his belt, and with Bartulis gone for the season, he was our new 7th dman.

He plays tonight and gets sent back down. Boyton comes in and JVR comes back. We lose JVR tonight only so that we can be sure we have 6 dmen to dress for tonight's game. It was JVR for a night or 5 dmen, not JVR or Boynton.

Boynton just might need a change of scenery. He's played for Lavy before, so maybe that helps.

For a 7, he's fine.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

no, Boynton needs no change. Only thing he needs is a retirement.... Never thought a Team would pick him

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
Boynton isn't playing tonight, Eric Gustafsson is.

Who's Eric Gustafsson you ask? Exactly. He has ZERO NHL games under his belt, and with Bartulis gone for the season, he was our new 7th dman.

He plays tonight and gets sent back down. Boyton comes in and JVR comes back. We lose JVR tonight only so that we can be sure we have 6 dmen to dress for tonight's game. It was JVR for a night or 5 dmen, not JVR or Boynton.

Boynton just might need a change of scenery. He's played for Lavy before, so maybe that helps.

For a 7, he's fine.
Your complaining about Philadelphia not having all their defensemen will go on deaf ears, I'd be happy as a clam if my team had a true #1, you have two.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 06:07 PM
mja
Negative Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Your complaining about Philadelphia not having all their defensemen will go on deaf ears, I'd be happy as a clam if my team had a true #1, you have two.
Who's complaining?

mja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:05 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Do you know how waivers work? If Montreal wanted Rivet or Commodore, do they pay the player 1/2 his salary for the duration of the contract or just for this year? Also, what are their salaries, if I may ask, and do you think Rivet has anything left in the tank? Sorry for the questions, but I am curious as a Habs fan because we need a hard hitting d-man.
With Rivet and Commodore, Montreal would have taken half the cap hit and Buffalo and Columbus respectfully would have kept the other half, until the contract runs out. In Rivet's case, this summer; in Commodore's, he's got two seasons left.

Rivet's cap hit was 3.5M, but half is 1.75M on our cap, 1.75M on Columbus' since he was claimed by them. If Commodore was claimed by someone, his 3.75M cap hit would also be halved, the Jackets being stuck with half and the claiming team being stuck with the other half. That didn't happen however.

As for Rivet, he's got gas left in the tank. Not much, but he can still play and be effective on the bottom-pairing. He just can't be too physical anymore. Injuries and age have taken their tolls on him. The only reason why he wasn't in the lineup here anymore was that 7 of our defenseman are better than him now. There are too many guys here on defense now and Craig just couldn't hold his spot in the lineup anymore. His speed was decreasing and the play of the young guys here made him end up in the pressbox every night, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisruff View Post
good for Rivet.
I'm really glad he was claimed. Thank you to Columbus for giving him a place to play. Craig's a quality person and he's a guy that can be a steady bottom-pairing guy for the Blue Jackets. He'll give them leadership and a veteran presence too. I'll miss him a lot. He was my favorite Sabre. I wish him the best of luck in Columbus. I hope when he retires he stays living in Buffalo with his family.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:11 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSprague24 View Post
Hey, another captain defenseman that wears #52 in Columbus. Here's hoping this ends better than the last one we had like that.

Jackets will now have eight defensemen in Columbus, with only Klesla injured (but not on IR) and several serviceable Dmen in Springfield that could be called up if need be. Wonder if this means somebody's on the way out by Monday.
Haha. I never thought of that until you mentioned it. Don't worry though. He won't be like Foote. Rivet's one of the classiest players in the league. He's a great guy. You'll love him in Columbus.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote