Yesterday went almost perfect for the Kings, except for a big win for Calgary:
* Flames beat the Thrashers regulation. Currently tied in points with the Kings but the Kings win the games in hand 1st tiebreak and are 4 regulation wins ahead (2nd tiebreak). Remember that shootout wins don't count in the 2nd tiebreak scenario.
* Main Event: Need Chicago to lose to Vancouver. A Chicago loss leaves them tied with the Kings in points and games played (1st tiebreak), but Chicago will stay ahead even though they have one less win, because SO wins don't count - therefore Chicago would have 24 regulation wins to 23 for the Kings.
* We want Edmonton to beat St. Louis in reg.
* Statistically we want Detroit to beat Columbus in regulation, but it's a matter of "do you think the Kings can catch Detroit?" and "do you think Columbus is a threat?". I'll be pulling for the Wings just to keep Columbus down below. They're only 7 points back in this wacky conference.
Considering how tight the WC race is, any interest in a "Who should we root for today" daily thread? If so, I'll keep it updated, but should it be a new thread each day, or just a continuation of this thread?
Just in case, today 2/3/11 you have:
* Thrashers over the Flames in regulation.
* Regulation loss for either the Avalanche or Wild, doesn't matter who, just no loser point for either.
* Flyers over the Preds in regulation.
* Bruins over the Stars in regulation.
If no interest, no worries.
Probably could join the "Other Games Around The League" thread, no? I like the idea, though.
The cool thing is I can actually watch a few games today and be able to root for a team. There were so many western conference battles going on, and with the standings so tight, you couldn't really cheer for a team. Definitely pulling for the Thrash, Flyers, and Bruins tonight.