HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA/NJ : They are a good fit for each other.

Old
02-25-2011, 10:25 PM
dabeechman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
You accuse him of being a homer, but then you overrate two of your own prospects. No prospect is a sure thing. And that statement about Bernier is laughable.
Excuse me? How is it overrating Schenn by saying he is a 60pt 2nd line center? That is exactly his projection.

And what is so funny about Bernier being arguably the best goaltender prospect? You know that he is ranked 2nd to only Markstrom don't you on HF's own rankings?

If anything is laughable it is your apparent lack of knowledge.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Excuse me? How is it overrating Schenn by saying he is a 60pt 2nd line center? That is exactly his projection.

And what is so funny about Bernier being arguably the best goaltender prospect? You know that he is ranked 2nd to only Markstrom don't you on HF's own rankings?

If anything is laughable it is your apparent lack of knowledge.
You evidently don't understand the difference between a projection and a sure thing. You said he was a sure thing. Well, so were Daigle and Stefan, but I don't see them tearing up the league right now.

And HF's rankings are hardly infallible. I happen to not agree with that assessment of Bernier. And in any case, goalies do not have much trade value these days.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:49 PM
bobafettish*

[QUOTE=Saugus;31238381]Rubbish. Lombardi would be fired for turning that down. And Lou would be fired for proposing it.

Dustin Brown is good for 60 points and is on a long cap friendly contract, we add one of the top prospects, a nhl ready dman and our top goalie prospect. All that for a thirty point upgrade.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:49 PM
dabeechman

Quote:
You evidently don't understand the difference between a projection and a sure thing. You said he was a sure thing. Well, so were Daigle and Stefan, but I don't see them tearing up the league right now.

And HF's rankings are hardly infallible. I happen to not agree with that assessment of Bernier. And in any case, goalies do not have much trade value these days.
Daigle was a great player, but always labeled as lazy. Something that Schenn is not. Stefan...come on. Just because he was a #1 pick doesn't mean he had talent. That draft sucked from top to bottom. These players are the exception, not the rule. There is no character flaw, skill deficiency, or even his current play that suggests of Schenn being a bust.

And as for Bernier, I don't care what his trade value is. I never addressed that. You said it was laughable to state that he is one of the best goaltender prospects in the world, then criticized me for saying it. You are simply, flat out wrong.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:

IMO The Kings would not likely trade Bernier anyway, not only because of the well-discussed "goalie glut" -- but also because he is a young goaltender playing very, very strong at a really good low cap hit.

If the Kings suddenly had to turn to him to be their #1 I would honestly not be worried about it, it's just that Jonathan Quick got there first and established his game first, and also has done so exceptionally well.

I'd like to see your evidence that Bernier is "overrated", or your evidence that he does not belong in the conversation with the best goaltending prospects in the world, because right now, with the poise, balance, efficiency, skill, and ability to make big saves that he is currently demonstrating on NHL ice, combined with his age and pay, I see an excellent value that the Kings would be crazy to give up on at this time.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:09 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Parise was an exceptional player before his injury. Even the most homerish Devils' fan should be very concerned about whether he can come back and play at the same level post surgery. His specific knee injury ends careers. With that said, I hope it never happens. I want to see him excel. He is what the NHL needs.

Regarding the trade, solely because of the injury, I don't want him especially with the type of package being discussed here going the other way.
Wait what? It was a torn meniscus, not an ACL/MCL tear. They identified the damage and repaired it arthroscopically in the same procedure. It's actually quite minor compared to other knee surgeries.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:32 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise09 View Post
Yet following the year he had 90+ points, he had 82 points and 38 goals. lol, buddy if anything he's a 80-90 point player and will probably score a few more in the 90+ range. Brown is a 50-60 point player... that is a huge difference. The year Parise score 94 points, Brown had 53...over 40 point difference. But yeah, keep your homer goggles on.
Nice username. I explained my stance on the subject. You disagree and seem personally offended. I apologize for hurting your feelings, but I still think Parise ends up averaging 70-80 points a year for the bulk of his career. That's nothing to balk at. Not many players average 90+ points a season. Being a 70-80 point player, along with all the other aspects of Parise's game that are consistently strong make him a wonderful player to have. Nobody was denying that.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:13 AM
DickArmy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Nice username. I explained my stance on the subject. You disagree and seem personally offended. I apologize for hurting your feelings, but I still think Parise ends up averaging 70-80 points a year for the bulk of his career. That's nothing to balk at. Not many players average 90+ points a season. Being a 70-80 point player, along with all the other aspects of Parise's game that are consistently strong make him a wonderful player to have. Nobody was denying that.
Can you give us the reasons you think Parise ends up a 70-80 point player?

DickArmy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 02:34 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickArmy View Post
Can you give us the reasons you think Parise ends up a 70-80 point player?
Because he's speculating.

His speculation is no more or less valuable than your own.

Nobody is claiming to have a crystal ball.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:40 AM
Parise09*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Umm you never said that Parise will be averaging 70-80 points from here on out. You specifically said Parise IS a 70-80 point player, which takes into account his previous years, and, clearly, he has proven to be a 80-90 point player. If you said that Parise would average 70-80 points FROM NOW ON, then I wouldn't have a problem with that because I do think he will suffer a bit from his injuries, so ~10 points less is reasonable.

Parise09* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:33 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise09 View Post
Umm you never said that Parise will be averaging 70-80 points from here on out. You specifically said Parise IS a 70-80 point player, which takes into account his previous years, and, clearly, he has proven to be a 80-90 point player. If you said that Parise would average 70-80 points FROM NOW ON, then I wouldn't have a problem with that because I do think he will suffer a bit from his injuries, so ~10 points less is reasonable.
Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Iceman78

Any Parise trade with LA has either Jack Johnson or Drew Doughty coming back. In a Johnson for Parise deal, LA would have to add. In a Doughty for Parise deal, NJ would have to add (a lot).

Iceman78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 08:50 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Knoll View Post
Why stop there, why not ask for ownership of the entire franchise in exchange for Parise and a vintage Chris Terreri jersey?

Wait, the Terreri is a reproduction? NO DEAL!
Change it to a Burke jersey in return for a vintage Vachon jersey and i'll sign the deal!!!

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
Dustin Brown is good for 60 points and is on a long cap friendly contract, we add one of the top prospects, a nhl ready dman and our top goalie prospect. All that for a thirty point upgrade.
Parise is not just a "thirty point upgrade". He's also very good defensively, and the future captain of the Devils. It would take a lot more than Brown and a bunch of futures (very good futures to be sure, but still futures) for Lou to give up Parise. The Devils are not rebuilding, which is something nobody in this thread seems to have grasped. If Parise is to be traded (itself not likely), he will bring back established NHL players, not prospects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Daigle was a great player, but always labeled as lazy. Something that Schenn is not. Stefan...come on. Just because he was a #1 pick doesn't mean he had talent. That draft sucked from top to bottom. These players are the exception, not the rule. There is no character flaw, skill deficiency, or even his current play that suggests of Schenn being a bust.

And as for Bernier, I don't care what his trade value is. I never addressed that. You said it was laughable to state that he is one of the best goaltender prospects in the world, then criticized me for saying it. You are simply, flat out wrong.
I didn't say Schenn would be a bust, I just said he may not reach the lofty expectations you have of him. If every player reached his labeled potential, every game would end with a score of 12-11, or something equally ridiculous. You cannot guarantee to me that Schenn will be a 60 point player as soon as he steps into the NHL, and yet that's what you said.

As for Bernier, it is my opinion that he is overrated. It is your opinion that he is the best prospect. Neither of us is right or wrong until he has been in the NHL a bit longer as a starter. I don't care what the HF rankings say, they are so often wrong that they have no meaning whatsoever. The proof will be his play in the NHL.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 09:50 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Brown
Schenn
Bernier
Loktionov
2nd

for

Parise
Hedberg
Clarkson
I would think long and hard about this offer.

We would be getting a power forward capable of scoring, hitting, leading on a cap friendly deal, a bluechip center, a bluechip goaltender, a solid rookie and a pick that can either help us move up or select a top 50 player.

We would be losing a very key player in this trade but we have a goal scorer in Kovalchuk and the players coming back would bring more balance to this team then just Parise alone. Clarkson is a good player but I rather have a Lapierre at around 1M$ per to play on my 4th line then Clarkson at 2.66M$ per.

The prospects can be packaged for a #1 d-men, who knows. The more I think about it, the better is sounds. I know Devils fans will start flamming me but if you think outside the box and you take off your #9 t-shirt, it does make alot of sense.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:36 PM
AirheadPete
G-Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Brown
Schenn
Bernier
Loktionov
2nd

for

Parise
Hedberg
Clarkson
i'd prolly do it from a devils perspective if voynov was in it instead of the pick or instead of loktionov...i'd add taormina to that package if LA was interested in him

Last edited by AirheadPete: 02-26-2011 at 03:56 PM.
AirheadPete is offline   Reply With Quote