Official 2010-2011 ticket thread (ALL ticket talk HERE) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2011, 10:53 PM
KillerKampfer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
Oh, thought from a previous post that you had bought them.
Celtics offered me a similar every other game package a couple of years ago for buying seasons. Only because it was right before the playoffs and they had sold out the full strips.
Nah Sharks were too expensive I only took the plunge on cheap teams Ive bothered reps for all of them though. I had the Kings and mistakenly doubled down on them for next year. Of course they proceeded to blow a 4-0 lead against the Sharks that night.

I wish I had the funds to buy the Mavericks tickets when I called the rep in Dallas after they beat Portland. The crap was long gone but I was going to reserve the cheapest things availible, get clubs for playoffs, and then call my rep during select a seat and get something better for next year after I made a little money. Shame I didnt pull the trigger. The team I need to buy ASAP is OK City Thunder for next season before the 10 buck seats are gone. Ok City are sold out for the playoffs and I have to find references in Oklahoma City to give them to make sure I will actually use the tickets. So if any of you have friends or family in OK City PM me!

Old
05-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I give up.

05-12-2011, 11:01 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
Nah Sharks were too expensive I only took the plunge on cheap teams Ive bothered reps for all of them though. I had the Kings and mistakenly doubled down on them for next year. Of course they proceeded to blow a 4-0 lead against the Sharks that night.

I wish I had the funds to buy the Mavericks tickets when I called the rep in Dallas after they beat Portland. The crap was long gone but I was going to reserve the cheapest things availible, get clubs for playoffs, and then call my rep during select a seat and get something better for next year after I made a little money. Shame I didnt pull the trigger. The team I need to buy ASAP is OK City Thunder for next season before the 10 buck seats are gone. Ok City are sold out for the playoffs and I have to find references in Oklahoma City to give them to make sure I will actually use the tickets. So if any of you have friends or family in OK City PM me!
Man, you really work it.Do you have a full time job too?

Old
05-12-2011, 11:09 PM
KillerKampfer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
Man, you really work it.Do you have a full time job too?
Yeah. Its a HOBBY! Just like collecting stamps or sports cards I collect tickets. And its still recreational/amatuer were only talking about the cheapest pairs available here I'm only buying 2 movie tickets to each. Not 20.

There won't be another Eastern Conference team in the NBA or NHL on my books. I don't want to support a team I hate. But I will have something to 6 or 7 of the Western Conference teams in hopes of getting my finals tickets every year. In hockey too many play in Canada (I consider Phoenix canadian since you can't make money on them and they will be there eventually so thats 4 teams) but in hoop the Lakers are toast Ill have something to all the teams in the playoffs not named them next year. Given the state of the Celtics and me having to pay 36 ****ing dollars for the second to last row across the aisle from the absolute cheapest seats in the Garden seats that cost no more than 10 bucks elsewhere I think its a DAMNED NECESSITY considering this GM is dumping guys like T Al and Perk in favor of crap.

Very tempted to load up on NFL tix should the Bruins make the finals. I personally think I will get refunded 100% of the cost of preseason not eat a cent and be regular to roll with the regular season going on as planned but the chances of replacement players could send me to the poorhouse.

Old
05-12-2011, 11:13 PM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
Very tempted to load up on NFL tix should the Bruins make the finals. I personally think I will get refunded 100% of the cost of preseason not eat a cent and be regular to roll with the regular season going on as planned but the chances of replacement players could send me to the poorhouse.
There is a ZERO percent chance of replacement players. It's a lockout, not a strike. If the owners unlock the doors, the players are under contract. Can't replace them with scabs. They can shut down and/or cancel the season, but they can't play with replacement players.

Old
05-12-2011, 11:15 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
I just bought a pair to game 1 for $300 and I feel lucky to have found those, its rough out there. I didn't spend any money in the Flyers series though so it doesn't hurt that bad.

Old
05-12-2011, 11:20 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting View Post
There is a ZERO percent chance of replacement players. It's a lockout, not a strike. If the owners unlock the doors, the players are under contract. Can't replace them with scabs. They can shut down and/or cancel the season, but they can't play with replacement players.
I try not to read the lockout stuff but cant help it. Just hope when september comes there's nfl football being played. Then I can load up on prime pats games through the ticket exchange and commence flipping.

Old
05-12-2011, 11:21 PM
KillerKampfer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting View Post
Thats how it appears on the surface. And the legal preamblings/threats indicate the same as the league will threaten to shut down.

But actions speak louder than words. College Football is a different beast the best players are not the ones who get drafted. There are more capable replacement players for NFL than the other sports even if its the biggest. The owners just need to bring some scrubs in for workouts in August and the players will be crapping themselves.

Both sides are ready to call bluffs, enough is at stake. Think ugly divorce where noone is thinking of their own or the children's best interests. Both sides could screw themselves with the extreme greed anything is possible.

Although I expect the players to just try and avoid training camp and the season to start as it usually would.

Old
05-12-2011, 11:22 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

This thread is over 1000 posts, but I'll wait to close it until the chatter slows a bit. Expect a new thread in the morning, after the sun rises.

Old
05-12-2011, 11:23 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
I just bought a pair to game 1 for $300 and I feel lucky to have found those, its rough out there. I didn't spend any money in the Flyers series though so it doesn't hurt that bad.
stubhub? still better than ticketmaster

Old
05-13-2011, 12:04 AM
WickedBruinsGirl

Continue here: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=913638

Closed Thread