Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Possible Trade Ideas III

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Dee Oh Cee

vCash: 500
Yeah it was to Tampa....too bad it didn't work out that would've been nice.

Old
02-26-2011, 05:21 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 50
DO NOT... I repeat... DO NOT go after Penner!

Old
02-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Bruno wouldn't be good for "at least" 20-25g and 40-45 pts...that's his ceiling. And maybe for one year.

Maybe a conditional trade, 2nd + Scandella (or another player/prospect) and the 2nd becomes a 1st if he re-signs. He'd be a longer-term piece.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:03 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
DO NOT... I repeat... DO NOT go after Penner!
My thoughts exactly.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:30 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygentleman View Post
You guys remember last year when we tried to trade Boogaard to wherever for like three picks but whoever it was didn't have one of their picks. Woulda just been the steal of year if I remember correctly.
that was to tampa for Konopka, a 3rd and a 4th. i think they didn't have the 3rd. a revised deal was submitted too late (no details on what that one was).

but that would have cemented Fletcher's place as a great trader.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:32 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

i've liked Penner since the PPG line for the ducks and even while he was sucking (relatively speaking) in Eddy. the guy could be a wrecking ball again like he was with the ducks.

Old
02-26-2011, 07:15 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
that was to tampa for Konopka, a 3rd and a 4th. i think they didn't have the 3rd. a revised deal was submitted too late (no details on what that one was).

but that would have cemented Fletcher's place as a great trader.
Meh, Pouliot's scored as many goals in Montreal as Latendresse has scored for us(yes there's a games played difference). Barker at 24 is worse than Leddy right now at 19, and we had to add in that swap. Fletcher's now shopping Kobasew, and its highly unlikely he'll garner anywhere near the return which we paid for him.

Brodziak was his best trade, and that's a guy who's never hit 40 points in a season.

Old
02-26-2011, 07:27 PM
TheTenderness
¡VIVA EL NIÑO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
Meh, Pouliot's scored as many goals in Montreal as Latendresse has scored for us(yes there's a games played difference).
You think Pouliot would've put up those kinds of numbers if he stayed here? Not a chance.

Both teams traded struggling young players who weren't living up to expectations. Both teams received productive offensive players with bright futures. Both teams won, great trade.

Old
02-26-2011, 07:39 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTenderness View Post
You think Pouliot would've put up those kinds of numbers if he stayed here? Not a chance.

Both teams traded struggling young players who weren't living up to expectations. Both teams received productive offensive players with bright futures. Both teams won, great trade.
And in the Barker/Leddy swap, one team won once(getting Barker out of the line-up), twice(adding a top-4 d-man who unfortunately suffered a concussion), and now a third time(Leddy playing for them ALREADY).

As for the numbers, sure, if Pouliot ever got a consistent chance playing LW with a center capable of moving the puck through the neutral zone, he could have been a 20-goal scorer here. He never got that chance consistently. But that's a horse that's been beaten, so we'll just call that a good trade, because it was. But it doesn't make Fletcher a great trader with his terrible moves.

Old
02-26-2011, 07:53 PM
TheTenderness
¡VIVA EL NIÑO!

Quote:
And in the Barker/Leddy swap, one team won once(getting Barker out of the line-up), twice(adding a top-4 d-man who unfortunately suffered a concussion), and now a third time(Leddy playing for them ALREADY).

As for the numbers, sure, if Pouliot ever got a consistent chance playing LW with a center capable of moving the puck through the neutral zone, he could have been a 20-goal scorer here. He never got that chance consistently. But that's a horse that's been beaten, so we'll just call that a good trade, because it was. But it doesn't make Fletcher a great trader with his terrible moves.
Agreed. I'm not saying he's a great trader, just that the Benny for Guillaume trade was a good one. Pouliot likely wouldn't have ever earned the chance to prove anything floating around on the fourth line with harder working and more proven players ahead of him. He needed a fresh start badly.

He swung and missed with the Barker and Kobasew trades, but its refreshing to have a GM who's willing to step up to the plate for a change.

Old
02-26-2011, 07:58 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Meh, Pouliot's scored as many goals in Montreal as Latendresse has scored for us(yes there's a games played difference). Barker at 24 is worse than Leddy right now at 19, and we had to add in that swap. Fletcher's now shopping Kobasew, and its highly unlikely he'll garner anywhere near the return which we paid for him.

Brodziak was his best trade, and that's a guy who's never hit 40 points in a season.
getting two picks and a serviceable fourth liner for boogaard would have easily been his best trade. I don't mind Staubitz at all but that wouldn't have been done either so we'd have that pick too.

blah blah blah about the barker pick. leddy has far from proved himself. Okay the hawks sent him down for "cap reasons" at the same time they're trying to stay in the playoff hunt. that doesn't really make it sound like leddy is indispensable at the moment, does it. Or maybe he's still not ready? Either way, that trade was made to increase our chances of winning short term--getting in the playoffs. Leddy wouldn't have helped us there, so on the surface the trade looks like it worked out just fine so far.

Old
02-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Hey guys, what'd it take to get Madden to Vancouver?

Also, what's his cap hit? Capgeek is down

Old
02-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Not gonna happen...we'd only do that if we were out of playoff contention...and obviously we're not. He's a key piece to the team...especially now that centers are dropping like flies. He's a great locker room presence and a veteran leader...just no sense in a trade...especially to a division team.

Old
02-26-2011, 08:19 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Hey guys, what'd it take to get Madden to Vancouver?

Also, what's his cap hit? Capgeek is down
$1.25 million. I like him a lot right now and he's a perfect durable, stabilizing force on the bottom six. You guys are not liking Raymond at the moment...maybe him?

Old
02-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
$1.25 million. I like him a lot right now and he's a perfect durable, stabilizing force on the bottom six. You guys are not liking Raymond at the moment...maybe him?
Looking for a cup run right now so Gillis would prefer to give up picks/prospects.

Raymond is a 25 year old 25 goal scorer who has another year at 2.5m and is an RFA after that as well so I don't think Raymond would be moved unless it's a package to upgrade our top 6. Gillis seems to not sacrifice the future and a 37 year old UFA probably wouldn't do it for him.

Old
02-26-2011, 08:26 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Looking for a cup run right now so Gillis would prefer to give up picks/prospects.

Raymond is a 25 year old 25 goal scorer who has another year at 2.5m and is an RFA after that as well so I don't think Raymond would be moved unless it's a package to upgrade our top 6. Gillis seems to not sacrifice the future and a 37 year old UFA probably wouldn't do it for him.
yeah, i didn't think Van would like that but you guys have enough firepower atm and are maybe lacking good Vet presence in your bottom six while we have plenty of the later and not nearly enough of the former. You guys have much less of a need to make a change than us so you're obviously in an advantageous bargaining position.

Old
02-26-2011, 08:32 PM
State of Hockey

The only thing worse about Fletcher's overall sub-par trade record is the fact that he now doesn't much trade at all. It's like he's gun-shy. I can't remember a roster player traded since Belanger, now one year ago. Is he enacting his vision? Does he have his own plan? Doesn't really look like it. For the most part this is still DR/JL's team out there. Fletcher keeping that old mold isn't exactly what I imagined with "fresh" management.

Old
02-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
yeah, i didn't think Van would like that but you guys have enough firepower atm and are maybe lacking good Vet presence in your bottom six while we have plenty of the later and not nearly enough of the former. You guys have much less of a need to make a change than us so you're obviously in an advantageous bargaining position.
I associate similar value to Madden as Reasoner and FLA fans were saying 2nd round pick.

That being said, Minnesota doesn't need picks, so maybe a Shirokov type prospect? Something like that.

Old
02-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Dr Jan Itor

How much turnover did you expect? Of course there are more DR/JL guys here than Fletcher's, they had 10 years; he's had 2. We are winning games and in a playoff race, why would we want him to change over half of the roster? You do know you need the other team's approval to trade for one of their players, right?

Old
02-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
I associate similar value to Madden as Reasoner and FLA fans were saying 2nd round pick.

That being said, Minnesota doesn't need picks, so maybe a Shirokov type prospect? Something like that.
We need Madden. With Koivu out, it pretty much ruled out moving any of our other centers.

Old
02-26-2011, 09:03 PM
mnwildgophers

Yeah Madden won't be traded. We're looking to add a center.

Old
02-26-2011, 09:04 PM
saywut

Quote:

Reasoner makes alot more sense for you guys. We're in a more favorable position than Florida, while also being in your division. Reasoner's the superior player, though doesn't have Madden's resume.

We do need picks though. If we got offered a 2nd for Madden, I'd pull the trigger. But I doubt that would happen, and with our center health issues, not sure Fletcher would pull the trigger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
The only thing worse about Fletcher's overall sub-par trade record is the fact that he now doesn't much trade at all. It's like he's gun-shy. I can't remember a roster player traded since Belanger, now one year ago. Is he enacting his vision? Does he have his own plan? Doesn't really look like it. For the most part this is still DR/JL's team out there. Fletcher keeping that old mold isn't exactly what I imagined with "fresh" management.
No prospects being able to supplant the incumbents = no point in trading roster players. Quite a few of these contracts were signed off by Fletcher, after this off-season it will only be Burns(who may sign an extension), Bouchard, Schultz, and Backstrom as guys that Fletcher's not made a contract agreement with or traded for.

Old
02-26-2011, 09:06 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
How much turnover did you expect? Of course there are more DR/JL guys here than Fletcher's, they had 10 years; he's had 2. We are winning games and in a playoff race, why would we want him to change over half of the roster? You do know you need the other team's approval to trade for one of their players, right?
just read every thing he posts with this in mind: He wants us to tank. It all makes sense then--He's nothing if not consistent in that.

Old
02-26-2011, 09:08 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:

we do need picks. Sadly we're not in a strong enough position depth wise at center that getting rid of a roster player wouldn't hurt us a lot more than that 2nd round pick would help.

Old
02-26-2011, 09:28 PM
nickschultzfan

Trade for Penner, play him at center until Koivu gets back.

Reasoner sucks.

Closed Thread