Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2011, 10:04 PM
saywut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Reasoner sucks.
25 even strength points(would be 3rd on the Wild, leads the Panthers) and the leading SH TOI forward on the #2 PK in the NHL disagrees with you.

Old
02-26-2011, 10:37 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
but he doesn't have a cool nickname like "mad dog"

Old
02-26-2011, 10:42 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
25 even strength points(would be 3rd on the Wild, leads the Panthers) and the leading SH TOI forward on the #2 PK in the NHL disagrees with you.
Reasoner stills sucks.

Old
02-26-2011, 10:49 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

I'd rather have Reasoner than Penner any day.

Old
02-27-2011, 02:45 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
The only thing worse about Fletcher's overall sub-par trade record is the fact that he now doesn't much trade at all. It's like he's gun-shy. I can't remember a roster player traded since Belanger, now one year ago. Is he enacting his vision? Does he have his own plan? Doesn't really look like it. For the most part this is still DR/JL's team out there. Fletcher keeping that old mold isn't exactly what I imagined with "fresh" management.
You don't remember the fuss you made out Mr. Staubitz for a fifth?

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
02-27-2011, 03:22 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
To be truthful; that was me!

Old
02-27-2011, 11:12 AM
El Nino22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
I don't see why Penner is a pipe dream. We might get out bid, or the Oilers might end up keeping him, but it's possible.

Honestly, what are the Oilers looking for? 1. Defensemen. 2. Forwards with size. 3. A goalie. 4. Picks. Besides picks, the Wild have 1-3.

The Oilers AREN'T looking for skilled forwards outside of a true #1 center, which I think they realize they won't get outside their 1st in this year's draft. Which is good because the Wild don't have much skill at forwards or in the forward forward.

Barker would have to include. Gillies would be great with their group of forwards. Hell, they could even use a guy like Sheppard as a 3rd line center. Falk, Scandella, even Stoner would be attractive to them.
I actually do like Penner. I think he would be a great fit on our team. I say its a pipe dream because the asking price is going to be high-end prospects and draft picks. Specifically 1st and 2nd round draft picks which Fletcher isn't willing to give up. I think we will make a push and an offer, but i think in the end EDM will take a package with a 1st and be happy to move him out of the division to a higher bidder.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:21 AM
BigT2002

I would love to have penner

Old
02-27-2011, 12:10 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

I would love to have a lot of players on the Wild. Rather give up the farm for Richards though, not Penner.

Old
02-27-2011, 01:08 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Oh, I remember that waste of a 5th rounder. I also know that we didn't give up a roster player doing so. I meant to specifically state that no roster player has been traded away since Belanger. I didn't have that clear.

Last edited by State of Hockey: 02-27-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old
02-27-2011, 01:20 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Meh, I'll take a player having some sort of a role on a team for a 5th rounder. And I'll certainly take Brodziak for the price Fletcher paid to get him.

And why should management be moving roster players given the way the year has gone? The team moved roster players last year because the team was struggling. That's not the cause this year, thus no reason for a trade like that to take place.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
02-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Lots of people here replied to me about Madden so I can't quote you all but I think Gillis would be prepared to move a 3rd or possibly a 2nd. If that doesn't work, possibly one of our less valuable top 6 prospects like Sergei Shirokov who is NHL ready but we have super depth so it's difficult to get him in there.

If absolutely necessary I think Gillis would do Shirokov + a 4th or a 3rd if needed but I'm not sure how fond he'd be about that

Old
02-27-2011, 01:34 PM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Is he enacting his vision? Does he have his own plan? Doesn't really look like it.
What exactly are you looking for? A step by step process he hopes to accomplish? There are far too many variables for someone to say "This is what we're going to do". He has a very broad idea/plan of what he wants to do.
What is that? He wants to improve the on ice performance, but not at the expense of the future. You may not be able to see it, I however, can see strides being made in both places.

Old
02-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
The Canucks are watching the Minnesota Wild, in the wake of being uncertain about Cody Hodgson's ability to suffice as a fourth-line centre. They're looking at John Madden, a pending UFA who would be a fantastic addition to GM Mike Gillis' lineup in Vancouver.

Not only is Madden a crafty face-off man, he's a fine, fine leader who had a bigger influence on the Blackhawks last season than you'd think.

"It's his leadership qualities," said a Blackhawks scout. "He had already won a Stanley Cup with the (New Jersey) Devils, and you can't have enough of those guys at the end of the day.

"I talked to a GM just today who's trying to surround his team with that veteran presence. Key times and key minutes, he's played them. It's hard to get those guys that do that."

Madden is a guy who learned his craft in a Devils room inhabited by coaches like Larry Robinson and Jacques Lemaire, and players like Scott Stevens, Randy McKay, Ken Daneyko, and Martin Brodeur.

He'd be a huge acquisition for Vancouver. Huge.

The problem is, with the Wild in playoff contention as well, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher will require a roster player who can help immediately. Draft picks won't get the job done.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/...pector_phones/

Old
02-27-2011, 02:47 PM
nickschultzfan

Madden + Kobasew for Raymond. Fits what the Canucks are looking for.

Raymond, Barker, and Gillies for Penner.

Bam.

Old
02-27-2011, 02:48 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Exactly why we have success.
Ourcharacter is such that it makes up for skill
. Raymond def sounds like overpayment but I'm getting the idea a swap wouldnenefit Vancouver more...this year at least

Old
02-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Dee Oh Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
Exactly why we have success.
Ourcharacter is such that it makes up for skill
. Raymond def sounds like overpayment but I'm getting the idea a swap wouldnenefit Vancouver more...this year at least
This Russo blog sums this point up nicely:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wi...117012808.html

Old
02-27-2011, 03:06 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Cody Hodgson isn't cutting it as the fourth-line center?

Old
02-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Cody Hodgson isn't cutting it as the fourth-line center?

Well he's top 6 center material, but I'd feel more comfortable with a bottom 6 C who has 3 cups and intangibles and whatnot

Old
02-27-2011, 05:41 PM
mnwildgophers

Maybe Madden gets traded, but I really highly doubt that. It would require a very large overpayment on Vancouver's part especially with our current depth at center taking a big hit with Koivu out.

Old
02-27-2011, 06:00 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

I'm looking at the long term for the Minnesota Wild >.< I hate the Seabrook extension

Old
02-27-2011, 06:19 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
This Russo blog sums this point up nicely:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wi...117012808.html
On the trade front in that link

Quote:
If you could use an Almond or a Colton Gillies or another one of the minor-leaguers or mid-round draft pick to get a good work-ethic, character guy, particularly at center, I see that happening.
Gillies for Reasoner. Still sticking with it(IF we make a trade to bring in a roster player). Tallon likes big guys who can skate(look at Chicago last year, he also drafted Bjugstad and Howden who are both well over 6'), Gillies is barely outproducing 7th round pick(from the same draft) Carson McMillan(who is also a big defensive winger with decent skating). Former 1st rounder who they can play next season might interest them more than a late 2nd in this years draft.

Seabrook's extension doesn't really surprise me. Doesn't really change anything with Burns, he was going to cost 6+M regardless.

I find it funny Russo mentions in that blog that Kobasew played better last game. His game's been as consistent as anyone for us all season. Just because Richards likes playing Miettinen with Brunette and Nystrom with Madden more doesn't make Kobasew a lesser player, just a less played player.

Old
02-27-2011, 06:37 PM
nickschultzfan

Please don't do Gillies for Reasoner. Please.

Old
02-27-2011, 09:10 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespeckledkiwi View Post
I'm looking at the long term for the Minnesota Wild >.< I hate the Seabrook extension
That hurts a ton. Salcer was going to demand big money before Seabrook's deal, and now he just got some lethal ammo. To me, giving out more money than that to Burns would be tough to manage around (6+ million is a top-10 highest D-man cap hit). He's just not good enough defensively to deserve that star-level contract. It's not like you would want to trade Burns, but . . .

Last edited by State of Hockey: 02-27-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old
02-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Just think of all the picks and prospects you could get for him... it would be like Christmas

Closed Thread