Notices

Possible Trade Ideas III

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2012, 03:37 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
First off, there's nobody on the roster who we're "transitioning" into, aside from maybe Spurgeon. So the "transition year" is nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
You guys are bagging on Schultz, and I've been mildly indifferent (though could see him being moved due to his contract). You are calling for Harding to be traded, even though there has been zero demands by Harding in the past 5 years to move away from the organization even though he's been behind Backstrom and Fernandez and he's been as loyal to this organization as anyone.
What does that prove? Schultz isn't great by any stretch of the imagination. And I'm a HUGE Harding fan, but the future of this team is far more important than showing loyalty to a player.

Quote:
My problem began when the rumors began floating out there that Fletcher is still looking for goal scorers? Really. What does that say about your recent moves? Setoguchi and Heatley were suppose to be a bridge but now they look more like road blocks than anything.
Those two were poor additions by Fletcher, but doesn't that kind of reinforce the arguments against him?

I'm not calling for his head, never have...but I'm very suspicious of his ability to construct an NHL team. I also don't think anyone deserves fewer than three years as a coach or five years as a GM to fulfill his vision...except in cases such as Richards where it's clear he's in over his head.

I suppose if we call this year a "bridge" year instead of "transition" (because honestly it's not like getting Brodziak, Powe, Johnson, and 30 AHL'ers who have no future in your organization to play Yeo's style of hockey is going to make a lick of difference in two years), THEN Seto/Heatley make more sense.

What I'd like to see is, if this time next year Heatley and Seto are still not all that great, Fletch to admit his mistake and get something of value from them, rather than just holding on and trying to pretend he has some grand vision. Like Risebrough did.

For the record, as much crap as you've gotten over the years from me and everyone else, you know your stuff and haven't been negative at all this year.

If I'm negative, it's because I've seen a total of three games with any effort from this team and maybe one or two players on average who look like they'd get regular minutes on a real NHL team. And that's frustrating and frankly boring.

Old
01-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech in Hockey View Post
Also, why would we trade away a potentially amazing player for players that have peaked and will be heading over the hill soon? We're building for our future that is getting closer to us by the day. This was not our year. Heck even next year will not be our year, so why bring in over-priced pieces that really will not add to our vision.
A million times this. Don't get it.

I can see a Zucker/Haula/Lucia for solid NHL player trade, but not a high end prospect for a 30 year old. Makes no sense.

Old
01-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
New thread please?

Old
01-23-2012, 03:44 PM
nickschultzfan

Carter sucks in Columbus because he was brought to be a 1st line center, which he is not, and to play with Nash, who everybody knew would not mesh well with another shooter like Carter.

Carter is streaky and he'll probably a 70 point guy. But he's definitely a 30 goal guy. And he's definitely a top-6 guy. And he's definitely better than everybody currently in the Wild top-6 not named Koivu.

Just stop and think for a second how much better Granlund would be if he played with Carter. Or how much a guy like Bouchard would benefit from playing with Carter. Carter can play center or wing, which means Granlund could start out playing as a 2nd line wing, and move to 2nd line center with Carter moving to wing.

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Setoguchi-Carter-Granlund

I'm just saying.

Old
01-23-2012, 03:44 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
First off, there's nobody on the roster who we're "transitioning" into, aside from maybe Spurgeon. So the "transition year" is nonsense.
Actually I would say with all the rookies we've called up, we gave Bulmer a try out, we have Scandella and Spurgeon who look like solid additions and possibly Setoguchi if he stops being so flunky and inconsistent. Not to mention Hackett as well. And our coach.

Quote:
What does that prove? Schultz isn't great by any stretch of the imagination. And I'm a HUGE Harding fan, but the future of this team is far more important than showing loyalty to a player.
No, and his cap hit makes it even more of a given to move him.

And that second sentence is why I think we shouldn't be adverse to looking into moving any player including Koivu.

Quote:
Those two were poor additions by Fletcher, but doesn't that kind of reinforce the arguments against him?
Maybe, maybe not. They might be poor additions, or maybe just our make up of players like Koivu, Cullen, Bouchard is poor and no matter how many times you swap out the chairs, they aren't going to change unless you swap out the deck beneath them. I'm going to give Fletcher credit on trying anything at this point.

Quote:
I'm not calling for his head, never have...but I'm very suspicious of his ability to construct an NHL team. I also don't think anyone deserves fewer than three years as a coach or five years as a GM to fulfill his vision...except in cases such as Richards where it's clear he's in over his head.
Given and this is a big year for Fletcher.

Quote:
I suppose if we call this year a "bridge" year instead of "transition" (because honestly it's not like getting Brodziak, Powe, Johnson, and 30 AHL'ers who have no future in your organization to play Yeo's style of hockey is going to make a lick of difference in two years), THEN Seto/Heatley make more sense.
Bridge year sounds fine to me. I actually think some of those AHLers could make a difference.

Quote:
What I'd like to see is, if this time next year Heatley and Seto are still not all that great, Fletch to admit his mistake and get something of value from them, rather than just holding on and trying to pretend he has some grand vision. Like Risebrough did.
I agree with that and I think Fletch might. I mean he knew he screwed up with Barker and rectified that as best as he could. Though I think he held on to Zids too long.

Quote:
For the record, as much crap as you've gotten over the years from me and everyone else, you know your stuff and haven't been negative at all this year.

If I'm negative, it's because I've seen a total of three games with any effort from this team and maybe one or two players on average who look like they'd get regular minutes on a real NHL team. And that's frustrating and frankly boring.
Thanks I'm trying to keep positive and I'm really looking forward to the future of this team but it's so hard to not be realistic and look at this team and think? What is going on here? We keep swapping out guys but we can't muster any shots.

And your second statement rings some truth.

Old
01-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1534
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Carter sucks in Columbus because he was brought to be a 1st line center, which he is not, and to play with Nash, who everybody knew would not mesh well with another shooter like Carter.

Carter is streaky and he'll probably a 70 point guy. But he's definitely a 30 goal guy. And he's definitely a top-6 guy. And he's definitely better than everybody currently in the Wild top-6 not named Koivu.

Just stop and think for a second how much better Granlund would be if he played with Carter. Or how much a guy like Bouchard would benefit from playing with Carter. Carter can play center or wing, which means Granlund could start out playing as a 2nd line wing, and move to 2nd line center with Carter moving to wing.

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Setoguchi-Carter-Granlund

I'm just saying.
That top-six wouldn't score any goals. They'd be too busy covering for our AHL-caliber defense.

(not to mention our prospect pool would be gutted by trading for Cater - the dude with the 'tude)

Closed Thread