HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brent Seabrook re-signs with Chicago (5 years, $29M)

Old
02-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Theokritos

vCash: 500
If true Seabrook's caphit climbs from 3.5 to 5.8. With the Blackhawks well-known cap issues, what does that mean for Brian Campbell and his 7.14 caphit? Farewell Chicago, finally?

Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Wow, Chicago loves to strap themselves down with these big over payments? What are they gonna do when they have to re-sign Sharp?

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Holy overpayment batman. I love the Hawks but what is with them any this horrendously bloated contracts? Do they like cap issues or something?

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:41 AM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

Awful contract, if true.

Rob Nieds work ethic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:55 AM
drew1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
maybe you should start watching some games before you talk about players??

Leddy is in the NHL and plays like a NHL Player.

Burns won't get more than Seabrook. Everything he gets more is an overpayment. This is only good for you... Seabrook gets 29 for 5 years. Burns shouldn't get more

and I don't see the Wings and their Discounts.... they have long time contracts that and that is the reason Z and Franzen have so low Cap Hits.

__________________________________________________ ____________________

FORWARDS
Patrick Sharp ($3.900m) / Jonathan Toews ($6.300m) / Patrick Kane ($6.300m)
Michael Frolik ($1.575m) / Marcus Kruger ($0.900m) / Marian Hossa ($5.275m)
Bryan Bickell ($0.541m) / Dave Bolland ($3.375m) / Troy Brouwer ($2.250m)
Kyle Beach ($1.170m) or other for less money / Jake Dowell ($0.575m) / Igor Makarov ($0.552m) or other guy with same money
who cares ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN
Duncan Keith ($5.538m) / Brent Seabrook ($5.800m)
Niklas Hjalmarsson ($3.500m) / Brian Campbell ($7.142m)
physical vet DMen ($1.000m) / Nick Leddy ($1.116m)
Jordan Hendry ($0.600m) / John Scott ($0.512m) or other with same money

GOALTENDERS
Corey Crawford ($2.000m) /Alexander Salak ($0.850m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $61,700,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,275,503; BONUSES: $835,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $424,497

this looks better than this year. Only player we lost from this year is Kopecky. All other UFAs or RFAs aren't important for the NHL
So if chicago signs seabrook for this amount what money will Sharp be able to get? As a UFA next season at 3.9 m i think he will ask for a raise.. Do they have the money to keep him with all this guarenteed money out there...

drew1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:59 AM
CC Chiefs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLyT View Post
For everyone saying were screwed, I know fans that would kill to have a core like us...

Sharp - Toews - Kane
_____ - Bolland - Hossa

Keith - Seabrook
Campbell - Hjalmarsson
Leddy - ______

Crawford

We'll be fine
You guys have WAY over valued the "core". How is it working out this year?

CC Chiefs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:02 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew1234 View Post
So if chicago signs seabrook for this amount what money will Sharp be able to get? As a UFA next season at 3.9 m i think he will ask for a raise.. Do they have the money to keep him with all this guarenteed money out there...
no they wont, and that is the main issue here as many blackhawks posters dont seem to get that.

yes Seabrooks contract is a bit over priced, but we knew he would command this money, but the problem now is unless someone gets moved like Campbell or Hjalmarsson, Sharp will not be resigned, and that is a shame. Though we have some solid prospects that could fill in for Sharp, there is no way that Morin or Beach can perform at Sharp's level right away. It is going to take a few seasons before they come close to 30 plus goals imo.

I would have much rather of traded Seabrook in a package for Bogosian, you cant tell me Dudley wouldnt wants Seabrook and our 1st for Bogosian, as that deal would make more sense for us long term..

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:04 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
If true Seabrook's caphit climbs from 3.5 to 5.8. With the Blackhawks well-known cap issues, what does that mean for Brian Campbell and his 7.14 caphit? Farewell Chicago, finally?
No..

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:05 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Chiefs View Post
troll alert, troll alert.

it must be like groundhog day with you, Hawks make some news, you come out of your hole and predict 5 more years of bad luck for the Hawks.....

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:06 AM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Transition year, stanley cup hangover, still gonna make playoffs and with experience and owning of the canucks could still make noise.

I'd say almost better then expected. I doubt ud find any hawks fans out there that expected a repeat or even expected better then where we are now... It is what it is, price of winning.

You think fans of leafs, islanders, panthers, senators, hell I can name half the league. Wouldn't trade spots? Your out of your mind.

ReLyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:10 AM
dougd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
no they wont, and that is the main issue here as many blackhawks posters dont seem to get that.

I would have much rather of traded Seabrook in a package for Bogosian, you cant tell me Dudley wouldnt wants Seabrook and our 1st for Bogosian, as that deal would make more sense for us long term..
I would think that it would be Seabrook alone for Bogosian and perhaps A Stewart/Cormier.

dougd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:13 AM
CC Chiefs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
troll alert, troll alert.

it must be like groundhog day with you, Hawks make some news, you come out of your hole and predict 5 more years of bad luck for the Hawks.....
Why is it so hard for you guys to see your "core" may not be as good as you think without a VERY good supporting cast. Your team is on a pace for 94 points and they had 112 last year with same "core" and a different supporting cast.

Old
02-27-2011, 10:19 AM
salty justice

Quote:
You must be on the wrong forum, I don't remember the Stanley Cup being handed out to anyone since the Blackhawks lifted it last June.

The Hawks core has them with the 3rd best goal differential in the West. A win today gets them sole possession of 6th place. The standings don't matter come playoffs as long as you're top 8.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:22 AM
salty justice

Quote:
Why is it so hard for you guys to see your "core" may not be as good as you think without a VERY good supporting cast. Your team is on a pace for 94 points and they had 112 last year with same "core" and a different supporting cast.
Why don't you come back when the President's trophy replaces the Stanley Cup.

Old
02-27-2011, 10:26 AM
CC Chiefs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Why don't you come back when the President's trophy replaces the Stanley Cup.
Way to avoid the point as usual. Point that has been said 100x the traded supporters were much more important than you will admit. This signing (5.8m for Seabrook) will hurt the Hawks come time to resign Sharp.

Old
02-27-2011, 10:33 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Sharp - Toews - Kane
Morin - Bolland - Hossa
Bickell - - Brouwer
Beach

Keith - Seabrook
Campbell - Hjalmarsson
Leddy -

Crawford
Salak

That's 56M so these guys will be together the next 2 years. Cap will rise to pay for Sharp's raise, especially with new tv, beer sponsorships and NBA/NFL labor unrest. The cap isn't going to be as big of an issue the next 3-5 years and everyone knows it. Better to get guys locked up now.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:35 AM
MakoSlade

Send a message via AIM to MakoSlade Send a message via MSN to MakoSlade Send a message via Yahoo to MakoSlade
Quote:
You think fans of leafs, islanders, panthers, senators, hell I can name half the league. Wouldn't trade spots? Your out of your mind.
100 % of the league would trade spots. Stanley Cups are hard to come by...

MakoSlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:37 AM
birddog*

Quote:
For everyone saying were screwed, I know fans that would kill to have a core like us...

Sharp - Toews - Kane
_____ - Bolland - Hossa

Keith - Seabrook
Campbell - Hjalmarsson
Leddy - ______

Crawford

We'll be fine
What no Stalberg?

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:50 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
I don't understand the rush to get this deal done. Seabrook is an RFA, and while it's likely whatever moves the Blackhawks make are only for expiring contracts, this potentially limits the things they can do if they get a good offer for someone signed for next season.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew1234 View Post
the Cap will go up as well. Our young guys will develop. Hjalmarsson could be traded for example. with Keith, Campbell and Seabrook the Hawks have 3 Top 4 DMen signed for a few years. Leddy will become a Top4 DMen within the next year.

and don't forget what could happen with the length. Sharp will be 31 when his contract ends. Give him a 4 year frontloaded deal. Something like 6 + 5 + 4 + 3 = 4.5 Cap Hit + (limited) NTC

Don't forget that he will be 31 and wants to stay in Chicago

and to all who say "Holy Overpayment".... tell me why. just tell me why.

- Was on Team Canada
- 1st Pairing DMen on the Cup Winning Team
- #13 in the Norris Voting last year
- on Pace for ~0.5 Points per Game (on a Team that has Keith and Campbell too)

- Buff got 5.2....

- 25 years old and he will only get better

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:00 AM
salty justice

Quote:
Way to avoid the point as usual. Point that has been said 100x the traded supporters were much more important than you will admit. This signing (5.8m for Seabrook) will hurt the Hawks come time to resign Sharp.

Captain OBliVIOUS everyone! Give him a round of applause

If you ever actually read any of the Hawk threads you troll in you'd realize that a vast majority of Hawk fans agree with those points that have "been said 100x."

What you fail to realize is that the Hawks still have a good shot at the Cup. If you want to place a bet right now I'd still put my money on them winning it over Vancouver. Or atleast beating them should they face in the playoffs.

Yea this Hawks squad took a big hit and has cap issues. But we can still beat those losers from Vancouver. The bottom line is that you *****es haven't won anything yet no matter how big a contract Seabrook signs.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:08 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post

Captain OBliVIOUS everyone! Give him a round of applause

If you ever actually read any of the Hawk threads you troll in you'd realize that a vast majority of Hawk fans agree with those points that have "been said 100x."

What you fail to realize is that the Hawks still have a good shot at the Cup. If you want to place a bet right now I'd still put my money on them winning it over Vancouver. Or atleast beating them should they face in the playoffs.

Yea this Hawks squad took a big hit and has cap issues. But we can still beat those losers from Vancouver. The bottom line is that you *****es haven't won anything yet no matter how big a contract Seabrook signs.
Really?

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Didn't Detroit's core only get them 102pts last year? Or how about Philly's core, only getting them 88pts last year? Huh, even Boston only got 91pts last year with their core. All 3 of those teams are doing fine this year.

Point is, a team can have an off year here and there with the same group of core players.

Give it up.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Really?
umm, yeah? Like we did 2 times this season already.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:22 AM
CC Chiefs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Didn't Detroit's core only get them 102pts last year? Or how about Philly's core, only getting them 88pts last year? Huh, even Boston only got 91pts last year with their core. All 3 of those teams are doing fine this year.

Point is, a team can have an off year here and there with the same group of core players.

Give it up.
Yes, but the core was hurt for a good part of the season last year. 9 starters out for many games. BTW Detroit has had 100+ points for something like 10 seasons.

All things being equal if a core of players has 112 point and you get have same core with a differnet supporting cast and is on pace for 94 points you'd have to assume the supporting cast was the difference.