HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pascal Leclaire

Old
02-26-2011, 11:40 AM
SilverSeven

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
being done so the sens can run with anderson-lehner for the rest of the year. Pazzy will back up brust.
Which completely flies in the face of what Murray said the plan was for Lehner. He was very blunt about it, they want him in the AHL ASAP, and want him to stay there.

Me thinks this is Melnyk wanting to save money.....wish he would pass that on to the STHs who paid to watch NHL hockey. Dont get me wrong, I like that we are changing, but Im getting a little sick about hearing how Melnyk is cutting all costs he can when I spend about 250% of my leisure money on Sens season tickets.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:40 AM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
Could the Islanders be interested since DP and Poulin are injured?
Yeah I bet they'd be all over it.

Montoya's probably a better goalie at this point, and he is owed probably 1/10th of what Leclaire is set to make the rest of the season.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:42 AM
MatthewT

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
being done so the sens can run with anderson-lehner for the rest of the year. Pazzy will back up brust.
I wouldn't say that just yet.

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:46 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Schremp anyone?

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:49 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Schremp anyone?
May as well but I doubt it

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:50 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
May as well but I doubt it
We probably don't re-sign him but maybe we get one Youtube moment out of him in the shootout before the season is over. At least we could send Locke back down.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:51 AM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Actually not a bad move. Assuming there is any sort of interest out there for Lecalire from a playoff team (let's not forget he was pretty good when healthy this year) they have to make a claim for him now and cannot wait for recall waivers since he would be claimed after the trade deadline, making him ineligible for the playoffs. Might be a slim chance a team out there takes the bait and save the Sens $1M or so. If a non playoff team is interested in him for whatever reason, then they can wait for the recall waiver. If nobody is interested, then he plays in the minors for the rest of the year or he can back-up Anderson and send Lehner down. Nothing to lose that isn't already lost.

Kickabrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:52 AM
ARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Which completely flies in the face of what Murray said the plan was for Lehner. He was very blunt about it, they want him in the AHL ASAP, and want him to stay there.

Me thinks this is Melnyk wanting to save money.....wish he would pass that on to the STHs who paid to watch NHL hockey. Dont get me wrong, I like that we are changing, but Im getting a little sick about hearing how Melnyk is cutting all costs he can when I spend about 250% of my leisure money on Sens season tickets.
The thing about Lehner in the AHL is that Brust is the clear number one there, I think Lehner would probably get more games up here in Ottawa than he would with Bingo, a team that is making a strong push for the top seed in the playoffs.

ARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:54 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
We probably don't re-sign him but maybe we get one Youtube moment out of him in the shootout before the season is over. At least we could send Locke back down.
Yep thats what I'm thinking too but Murray doesn't seem to make many moves like that
He has decent point totals this year, I'm sure he could produce, but I think with Svatos he just becomes redundant. Even though he's better than Svatos by a decent amount.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:02 PM
albator71

Murray should do the same with Kuba put him on waive than send his ass to Binghamton. Please Murray do it, do it please.

albator71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:05 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

Noooo, not Pazzy.

hockeyalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Leachman

Total bust in the end. Too bad, he had a lot of talent.

Leachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Sens Rule

Quote:

I can see that, and it could be my attitude next season if I am not enjoyingh watching the games as much. HOWEVER I'd rather see a Lehner start than a Leclaire Start. We might win if Lehner starts the game. Lehner is better than Leclaire right now in my opinion even if Leclaire is healthy. So it is a sound hockey decision beyond the dollars and cents of it.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:35 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickabrat View Post
Actually not a bad move. Assuming there is any sort of interest out there for Lecalire from a playoff team (let's not forget he was pretty good when healthy this year) they have to make a claim for him now and cannot wait for recall waivers since he would be claimed after the trade deadline, making him ineligible for the playoffs. Might be a slim chance a team out there takes the bait and save the Sens $1M or so. If a non playoff team is interested in him for whatever reason, then they can wait for the recall waiver. If nobody is interested, then he plays in the minors for the rest of the year or he can back-up Anderson and send Lehner down. Nothing to lose that isn't already lost.
This. They should consider sending Kuba down as well & then recall the two of them to see if someone would grab them on re-entry at half the price. At this point they should be trying whatever they can to get rid of them. BTW can you still place guys on waivers after the deadline & recall them & can other teams still take them off waivers after the deadline or does the deadline pretty much determine a team's roster going forward? If they can still place guys on waivers I would wait until after the deadline of course.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Caeldan

Wow... I'm actually completely surprised by this considering the other day they were assigning him for a conditioning stint.
Putting him in Bingo doesn't save Eugene any money, and I don't think cap space is an issue anymore either. I can't see anyone else claiming him at this point - so unless they're hoping he gets healthy, plays well a few games in Bingo and then can get claimed on re-entry... but at that point usually you can get 7th rounder for the guy (as we've seen a few people pass through re-entry and then get traded for 6th/7ths plus scrubs).

Caeldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Afro Thunder*

I could see a team like Philly could get desperate and pick him up, he was fantastic last playoffs. How much of a cap hit will he have on a team.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 12:53 PM
trobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickabrat View Post
A) He's inconsistent when healthy.
B) HE'S NEVER HEALTHY.

The guy played maybe 15 good periods in a span of two years, and that's all some people want to remember.

trobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

And so it ends

Who honestly didn't see this coming as soon as he got traded to Ottawa? Thank god for Lehner, he's the only thing preventing me from calling Murray a complete idiot for trading away Vermette for Leclaire!

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 01:09 PM
sliceOFtrance

no one in thier right mind will claim him

sliceOFtrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 01:12 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

To be honest, it's not that Leclaire is a bad goalie.
It's that he'll come off IR, just start to find his game, and then another injury hits/falls/flicks/taps him.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:59 PM
neutral zone trap13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
$1.2 million per win this season.

4 wins and a $4.8 million salary in real dollars.

16 total wins as a Senator.
WOW

I couldnt believe the last one... 16 wins...

But I checked and you were right. Wasnt htis guy supposed to be the best gialie we ever had (except Hasek)?

neutral zone trap13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:03 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:

Does he want to ave money maybe it could be aslo they want to use the money to sign younger players.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:04 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
And so it ends

Who honestly didn't see this coming as soon as he got traded to Ottawa? Thank god for Lehner, he's the only thing preventing me from calling Murray a complete idiot for trading away Vermette for Leclaire!
It was a no win for murray he signs vermette to a big contract people would have been up set.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:06 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by albator71 View Post
Murray should do the same with Kuba put him on waive than send his ass to Binghamton. Please Murray do it, do it please.
If kuba was on the last year of his deal yes i would agree with what a year left no its not worth it.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Not too fast nothing is done yet. Lots of teams are throwing excess baggage on the waiver to see if there are any takers.

If someone picks him up then great. If not it doesn't mean he won't be brought back for the rest of the year. What if L'éclaire has a NMC that would prevent them from leaving him in the AHL. Lets see how the dust settles.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote