HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rob Schremp, Conklin, McElhinny, Leclaire, etc. waived

Old
02-27-2011, 11:23 AM
reckless_abandon

vCash: 500
So does Schremp have to wait until Monday to hear about his fate, or do we get updated any minute now?

reckless_abandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:46 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless_abandon View Post
So does Schremp have to wait until Monday to hear about his fate, or do we get updated any minute now?
Nope. Wait til Monday.

Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

MacT Scorecard:

So let me get this straight the 3 major sources of contention about MacT his last year here was his handling of the following players:

Nilsson: Benched, junk, gone. = MacT correct.

Schremp: Didn't get enough of a look, buried, dealt, and now waived by the 2nd worst NHL club in the league. A player that couldn't make it on the two worst clubs in the league that both have massive holes and opportunity. = Robbies NHL dream over. = MacT correct.

Penner: Taking games off, not playing his best, benched a couple times = Penner last season seething to prove MacT wrong. = MacT was right and that Penner WASN'T giving his all. (anybody that cares to argue that point is just engaging in argument for the sake of it, theres no comparison in Penners play those two years) =MacT correct.

Interesting that the above 3 were the major bones of contention and that MacT treated those players so unfairly.

Oh probably throw something in here about Brule. He ruined Brule, must've, somebody did..

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Sayuri

^ thats a good assessment of how I remember events. I think MacT was quite a good coach and I hope he gets another chance somewhere else.

Sayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 01:23 PM
calvinguy

I must be one of the few people who actually liked Mac T, people always gotta find someone to blame.

calvinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:05 PM
oiLowe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
MacT Scorecard:

So let me get this straight the 3 major sources of contention about MacT his last year here was his handling of the following players:

Schremp: Didn't get enough of a look, buried, dealt, and now waived by the 2nd worst NHL club in the league. A player that couldn't make it on the two worst clubs in the league that both have massive holes and opportunity. = Robbies NHL dream over. = MacT correct.

Penner: Taking games off, not playing his best, benched a couple times = Penner last season seething to prove MacT wrong. = MacT was right and that Penner WASN'T giving his all. (anybody that cares to argue that point is just engaging in argument for the sake of it, theres no comparison in Penners play those two years) =MacT correct.

Interesting that the above 3 were the major bones of contention and that MacT treated those players so unfairly.

Oh probably throw something in here about Brule. He ruined Brule, must've, somebody did..
I certainly wasn't part of the vocal mob that demanded MacTs head but I thought he needed to go. Not necessarily because of his handling of certain players as you suggest however. My issue with MacT was his horrible regular season record in his what 8year? tenure here.

oiLowe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Phaedrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil_fan85 View Post
^ thats a good assessment of how I remember events. I think MacT was quite a good coach and I hope he gets another chance somewhere else.
I think the fact he hasn't gotten another chance (as of yet) shows that the NHL (and the minors) disagrees with you.

Phaedrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Eytinge

I'm pretty sure MacT is actually taking some classes right now, maybe that's why he isn't back in the NHL.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Antidote

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
Also did Schremp get waived after the game? It was probably after the GWG by Semin lol since he gave the puck up to Semin and floated back defensively
Both players were waived in the morning and dressed last night. A bit odd!

Antidote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinguy View Post
I must be one of the few people who actually liked Mac T, people always gotta find someone to blame.
A lot of us liked him. He just couldn't make chicken salad out of chicken shat.

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:52 PM
BlowbyBlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinguy View Post
Didn't hate him either he was in circumstances you get the best out of the players you have in the system. To much revisionist thinking that the prospects we had were going to be on the verge of greatness. Theres not many players in his era that he ruined. Even veterans like Peca said after that he liked him.

BlowbyBlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Freudian slips

Quote:
MacT Scorecard:

My contention is that he is simply a bad coach. Period.

Freudian slips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Freudian slips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
I'm pretty sure MacT is actually taking some classes right now, maybe that's why he isn't back in the NHL.
Maybe. Or he is inept.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Sayuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
I think the fact he hasn't gotten another chance (as of yet) shows that the NHL (and the minors) disagrees with you.
I had heard he was getting his business degree. Could be just a rumour though I don't actually know.

Sayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:11 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
i love all of the either love or hate aimed at Mact in this thread

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
i love all of the either love or hate aimed at Mact in this thread
The Hate just exists, nothing will fix that. It's more showing that he wasn't as "terrible" as MANY have made him out to be. Craig MacTavish was fired at the right time, but he knew what he was doing, despite the spouts of those who hated him.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Spawn

Quote:
MacT might have been right about Penner. But he couldn't do anything about it. Both Quinn and Renney have gotten much more out of Penner than MacT could.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Freudian slips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
The Hate just exists, nothing will fix that. It's more showing that he wasn't as "terrible" as MANY have made him out to be. Craig MacTavish was fired at the right time, but he knew what he was doing, despite the spouts of those who hated him.
For me, 'hate' is such an inaccurate term. At the time he was fired, it was the right decision.

Old
02-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
MacT might have been right about Penner. But he couldn't do anything about it. Both Quinn and Renney have gotten much more out of Penner than MacT could.
Of course theres several players that MacT got more out of and that MacT and Huddy weaved into some pretty reasonable hockey players.

MacT had less to work with in most of his tenure here and got more results.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian slips View Post
For me, 'hate' is such an inaccurate term. At the time he was fired, it was the right decision.
He was fired at the right time, but Hate is completely accurate statement, because those that Hate him Hate him regardless of facts or logic.

Old
02-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Freudian slips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
He was fired at the right time, but Hate is completely accurate statement, because those that Hate him Hate him regardless of facts or logic.
I dont hate MacT at all...I love him as an analyst and as a former Oiler alumni...wasn't sad to see him leave as the coach, at that particular time, is all.

Old
02-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian slips View Post
I dont hate MacT at all...I love him as an analyst and as a former Oiler alumni...wasn't sad to see him leave as the coach, at that particular time, is all.
I didn't say you hated him, I'm just saying the hatred related to him just exists, and nothing will change that. That was more my point.

Old
02-28-2011, 11:06 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Brett Carson claimed by Flames,

Curtis McElhinney to Senators,

Robbie Schremp claimed by Thrashers.

Ty Conklin clears...

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 11:06 AM
DesiFever

Atlanta claims Schremp according to Bobby Mac twitter. Weird that they would dump Bergfors then make this move.

DesiFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 11:08 AM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiFever View Post
Atlanta claims Schremp according to Bobby Mac twitter. Weird that they would dump Bergfors then make this move.
The team must have a one floater at a time policy.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote