HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edm - Nyr

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2011, 03:37 AM
  #126
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Derp, shows how much you watch teams besides your own. Stepan does not and has not taken regular shifts with Gaborik. He's playing 2nd/3rd line with Wolski and Zuccarello.
Oh, that's right, Stepan has been unable to out-play Anisimov to win the job. That must mean AA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hall/Eberle in Rangers Logic (TM), correct?

Quote:
View Post
I began to read your post. Went up until here....then stopped.
Because you realized the argument was hopelessly lost, I assume? You can't have your cake and eat it too- either both Staal and Hall/Eberle are unproven as elite players, or Staal won a Norris one season and I was in a coma. You tell me which is right.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:40 AM
  #127
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Oh, that's right, Stepan has been unable to out-play Anisimov to win the job. That must mean AA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hall/Eberle in Rangers Logic (TM), correct?
Stepan has outplayed anisimov, nearly all season. Anisimov is our 3rd line center. Stepan is our 2nd line center. This again proves how much you watch and know about the rangers.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:44 AM
  #128
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Derp...i didnt say stepan=hall. I was referring to the previous poster who brought up Hall's point total.
You said that because Stepan had as many points, Hall couldn't be considered a prospect capable of joining the elite tier of players. Therefore, he is roughly comparable to Stepan in the future. You said it, not me.

Quote:
Even if he had played with gaborik, you would know, if you watched our team, that he has not produced like he normally does this year. In fact, he's having the WORST year of his career.
You should probably send the NHL a quick e-mail, then, because this box score is obviously in error:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/boxsc...gid=2010122713

Quote:
It's good to know how many people can argue over what Marc Staal is worth when you do not know anything about the rangers players or their organization.
You're right, Rangers fans know the score. Derek Stepan = Taylor Hall, and the NHL made a grievous mistake last year and it was Marc Staal who really won the Norris last year. I'll need to visit the Rags forum more to soak in further genius.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:46 AM
  #129
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post

You're right, Rangers fans know the score. Derek Stepan = Taylor Hall, and the NHL made a grievous mistake last year and it was Marc Staal who really won the Norris last year. I'll need to visit the Rags forum more to soak in further genius.
And now your just being ignorant. This is where i leave.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:46 AM
  #130
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Stepan has outplayed anisimov, nearly all season. Anisimov is our 3rd line center. Stepan is our 2nd line center. This again proves how much you watch and know about the rangers.
Find a picture of Staal with the Norris yet? Come on, I'm waiting.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:47 AM
  #131
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
p.s that box score you pointed out, not only were those both power play points, they also occurred in one of the few games gaborik decided to show up this year.

I'm not sure if you're aware but sometimes power play units and es lines are different.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:48 AM
  #132
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
And now your just being ignorant. This is where i leave.
No doubt to "educate" posters on other boards about the New York Rangers and their greatness. You're like the Littlest Hobo of HFBoards, spreading wisdom and helping the helpless today, gone tomorrow.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:48 AM
  #133
ChokeOnOil
Connor McBigMac
 
ChokeOnOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
2 times he was traded was essentially as a rental and he then ended up resigning. In addition, when he was initially traded it was before the lockout, therefore, no salary cap which certainly plays a part in todays market. In two of his trades he brought back multiple first round draft picks, not to mention packages that included much more.

So i'm really confused as to what your point is here. The rangers are not a rebuilding team. They have a young core in place and need to add to it to be contenders in the next 2-3 years. Were not looking for packages centered around 1st round draft picks.

This is the reason the package would have to centered around guys that can step in and play in the NHL right now. The only 2 players on your team, that are worthy of bringing staal back in a trade are Eberle and Hall. The reason a package would have to start around them.

And for all you saying Hall WILL BE a superstar. Yes, i do agree with you. However he is NOT YET a superstar. Meaning his value is not of that degree. Maybe he is the next coming of stamkos or datsyuk but you can't expect him to be worth that much when he just hasn't proven he CAN BE.

It's would be like us saying stepan is the next jason spezza. It would be like us comparing McDonagh to a #1 d-man. Obviously he's not going to bring back the same return because he hasn't proven he can handle it yet. But we full on expect him to be that good someday.
Most of that first paragraph is false. Chris Pronger has been traded 3 times. None of those before the lockout. He had a deal in place and was not a rental in 2 of the 3 trades. Still, Chris Pronger, WHO IS MUCH SUPERIOR to Marc Staal (who brings little offense and less defense) was had for less then Hall + A first overall. (Or was it two) that you guys are suggesting. Much less. Lupul + Smid and 2 mid firsts less. Woyowtika and Brewer less. Lupul + Sbisa and and mid of the round picks again, less. Nothing close to franchise players coming back in any of these deals. Nothing close to Taylor Hall and a lottery pick or two. Come on.

My point is, you're over valuing your player.

Staal just isn't that good. I'm sorry, he isn't. He might be top 5 defensively, but in order to be elite, there just has to be more offense there. Has to be. Chris Pronger has it, Lidstrom has it, and so do the other defenseman in the top 5. Marc Staal isn't there. Not close. He's about 30 points off.

Also, no it wouldn't be. Stefan doesn't have the pedigree, or the potential, raw skill or ability of Hall. Not close. Therefore, projecting him is a much harder task.

ChokeOnOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:49 AM
  #134
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Find a picture of Staal with the Norris yet? Come on, I'm waiting.
can't respond to that previous post.

and find me the picture of stamkos with that hart trophy or even better the art ross. o wait, you can't. guess that means hes not worth hall either.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:50 AM
  #135
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChokeOnOil View Post
Most of that first paragraph is false. Chris Pronger has been traded 3 times. None of those before the lockout. He had a deal in place and was not a rental in 2 of the 3 trades. Still, Chris Pronger, WHO IS MUCH SUPERIOR to Marc Staal (who brings little offense and less defense) was had for less then Hall + A first overall. (Or was it two) that you guys are suggesting. Much less. Lupul + Smid and 2 mid firsts less. Woyowtika and Brewer less. Lupul + Sbisa and and mid of the round picks again, less. Nothing close to franchise players coming back in any of these deals. Nothing close to Taylor Hall and a lottery pick or two. Come on.

My point is, you're over valuing your player.

Staal just isn't that good. I'm sorry, he isn't. He might be top 5 defensively, but in order to be elite, there just has to be more offense there. Has to be. Chris Pronger has it, Lidstrom has it, and so do the other defenseman in the top 5. Marc Staal isn't there. Not close. He's about 30 points off.

Also, no it wouldn't be. Stefan doesn't have the pedigree, or the potential, raw skill or ability of Hall. Not close. Therefore, projecting him is a much harder task.
staal just isnt that good

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:50 AM
  #136
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
p.s that box score you pointed out, not only were those both power play points, they also occurred in one of the few games gaborik decided to show up this year.

I'm not sure if you're aware but sometimes power play units and es lines are different.
But they've never played together. Right? I mean, that's what you said. You're either wrong, or the universe is about to be swallowed up by a blackhole created by the paradox of the World's Smartest Ranger Fan stating something that facts do not concur with.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:51 AM
  #137
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
But they've never played together. Right? I mean, that's what you said. You're either wrong, or the universe is about to be swallowed up by a blackhole created by the paradox of the World's Smartest Ranger Fan stating something that facts do not concur with.
please quote me where i said they NEVER play together.

Your the one who said he plays with that guy named gaborik. Do they play on the same team yes. Are the occasionally on the same power play unit together yes. Do they play on the same line together, no. Is gaborik having his worst nhl season ever, yes.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:52 AM
  #138
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
can't respond to that previous post.

and find me the picture of stamkos with that hart trophy or even better the art ross. o wait, you can't. guess that means hes not worth hall either.
Well, he doesn't have either of those yet, but here he is with the Richard:



Are Richard winners not elite players in Ranger Land?

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:52 AM
  #139
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
p.s. im still waiting for that picture of stamkos

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:54 AM
  #140
hfboardsuser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 12,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Are the occasionally on the same power play unit together yes. Do they play on the same line together, no.
Well, playing with him on the powerplay would indicate that yes, they are on the same line at that point, but you can't possibly be wrong, so I must be.

Quote:
Is gaborik having his worst nhl season ever, yes.
71 GP, 18-18-36

Guess what player did that? Hint: his last name rhymes with Shamorik.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:59 AM
  #141
ChokeOnOil
Connor McBigMac
 
ChokeOnOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
staal just isnt that good
You've essentially resorted to play-ground argument tactics.

Have a good one.

ChokeOnOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:18 AM
  #142
Qvist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChokeOnOil View Post
Most of that first paragraph is false. Chris Pronger has been traded 3 times. None of those before the lockout.
Er yes, the first time was before the lockout - from Hartford to St.Louis for Brendan Shanahan, no less.

That being said, I agree with you concerning Staal. As solid as he is, he has not so far given any indication of any noteworthy potential for offense. Without that, you simply are not a top defenseman in this league, and Pronger comparisons are out of line.

Qvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:25 AM
  #143
ChokeOnOil
Connor McBigMac
 
ChokeOnOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qvist View Post
Er yes, the first time was before the lockout - from Hartford to St.Louis for Brendan Shanahan, no less.

That being said, I agree with you concerning Staal. As solid as he is, he has not so far given any indication of any noteworthy potential for offense. Without that, you simply are not a top defenseman in this league, and Pronger comparisons are out of line.
4 times then, my bad.

ChokeOnOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:48 AM
  #144
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Here is the best solution Marc Staal aka Bobby Orr for Brayden Schenn aka Wayne Gretzky perfect trade Imo this is how these 2 teams hf fans value these two players.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:51 AM
  #145
SaskOil*
u mad
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Saskabush
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Kinda impossible to tell sarcasm when you think the rangers would consider trading the rock of there team for anything less than hall or eberle.
Where did i say that? I don't think Staal is going to be pried from the hands of the Rangers for a bag of pucks... Where I draw the line is where you go overboard saying Hall himself wouldn't be enough and another significant addition would be required.. That is going a bit far.

SaskOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.