HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Misc. Rumours/Speculation thread (non-official sources)

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2011, 04:35 PM
habspinner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
The way the games have gone lately, and I'm sure much to the displeasure of l'Antichambre, tend to show that Eller is firmly ahead of DD in the depth chart in the org's minds (and I agree with that). So Eller would get Gomez's minutes, DD would get Eller's, and a AHLer would play DD's minutes.

Still a worse team than with Gomez, which goes without saying; that would be very, very painful to watch I'm sure. The amount of, well, crap written about Gomez this year is staggering. But then every year needs a scapegoat, right?
I agree there is a lot of crap written about Gomez, but he has been poor, and he has even admitted to the fact that he needs to give more.

I think Gomez is a stand up guy. A GREAT teammate and has a good heart. But he has some serious consistency issues, and has had his entire career. That is why Gionta is used on his wing to motivate and push him. However even that wasn't working for Gomez early in the year.

I do think that he gets some unbridled, and unnecessary hate, but you will have a hard time convincing most that it is not only about his salary. There are more issues at hand than the dollars that he takes up against the cap. The -18 is a very, very poor stat for a player who gets the second priority defense assignments.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Pacioretty better not be traded, he has even come close to peaking yet. I'd rather do nothing.

<<Do not touch>>
Price
Subban
Paciorrety
Plekanec
Agreed. This HAS to be the untouchable list for any kind of move.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:38 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
well Pagnotta answered ...

He says Habs are still monitoring the Phillips situation and also want to bring in a big body up front.

I still think that means Penner, lol
Certainly sounds like it to me too.. **** I don't want Penner..

Old
02-26-2011, 04:38 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Hah, it's not what you think. I'm writing one to beg admission, because i spend too much time on a certain hockey forum instead of studying or doing assignments .

I thought it was monday. You just gave me the gift of 24 hours!
You want us to vouch for you? We'll get you in or permanently banned.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:40 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Find out if the dean of computer sciences is an avid HF'er. If so, i think we can work something out

Old
02-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Habiton

Quote:
You just know that most of us will go to far and get him permabanned

Old
02-26-2011, 04:41 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
I agree there is a lot of crap written about Gomez, but he has been poor, and he has even admitted to the fact that he needs to give more.

I think Gomez is a stand up guy. A GREAT teammate and has a good heart. But he has some serious consistency issues, and has had his entire career. That is why Gionta is used on his wing to motivate and push him. However even that wasn't working for Gomez early in the year.

I do think that he gets some unbridled, and unnecessary hate, but you will have a hard time convincing most that it is not only about his salary. There are more issues at hand than the dollars that he takes up against the cap. The -18 is a very, very poor stat for a player who gets the second priority defense assignments.

I wouldn't call him a GREAT teamate, he came off as a pretty big ahole with that pk thing, he also seems like a bit of an ahole in interviews

Old
02-26-2011, 04:42 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
I thought it was monday. You just gave me the gift of 24 hours!
You're talking about the Concordia application deadline, right? It's March 1st, which is Tuesday.

02-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Habiton

Could be.. Montreal does have suitors for Gomez (Unreal but true) #Blues #Coyotes Habs are definitely about 2do something

WOO

This is from ***************

Mod edit:

Question is this: hearing deal on table is Gomez,Pouliot,Pyatt to PHX for Stempniak,Hanzal can you confirm or deny? @***************

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-26-2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Removed link
Old
02-26-2011, 04:43 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Certainly sounds like it to me too.. **** I don't want Penner..
Depends of the price... he might be a bit lazy ans slow, but he's still a big Top guy... something the habs sorely lack.

I'd say it would be a step in the right direction. Espacially if we are able to unload Gomez also.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Yes, but I do not think that Nashville wants to get rid of Legwand

Scouting report on Legwand:

Assets

* Has exceptional speed, which rivals that of the majority of NHL pivots. Works hard in all three zones. Can win important face-offs.

Flaws

* Has a tendency to get hurt. Doesn't use his 6-2 frame enough to his advantage. Should produce more points but lacks consistency in that department.

Would you trade that guy for this guy:

Assets

* Possesses terrific vision and passing skills. Also features outstanding speed, puck-handling ability and agitating qualities.

Flaws

* Needs talented scorers on his line in order to maximize his gifts. Doesn't play a physical game and lacks the strength to dominate.

Career Potential

* Veteran playmaking center with consistency issues.
Personnally I would not, since I believe Scott Gomez to be one of the very worst bang for buck forward actually playing in the NHL.

But people keep talking like he (and his deal) are tradable... I don't know anymore : I thought we were extremely foolish to take that contract on when we did and, with further proof of Gomez futility this season, why another GM would want him at that price is beyond me... Maybe somebody stuck with a deal they don't like themselves, swap my problem for yours type of proposition. If not Legwand then somebody else ?

edit :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habiton View Post
Question is this: hearing deal on table is Gomez,Pouliot,Pyatt to PHX for Stempniak,Hanzal can you confirm or deny? @***************
If that deal happen, I'm gonna go dancing naked in the streets !!

Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Find out if the dean of computer sciences is an avid HF'er. If so, i think we can work something out
If he's a Bruin fan there's nothing to work out.

Old
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Could be.. Montreal does have suitors for Gomez (Unreal but true) #Blues #Coyotes Habs are definitely about 2do something

WOO

Mod edit:

I love pouls, but i'd hit that.

And pyatt gets to play with his bro.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-26-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Removed link
Old
Next Best Thing*

Quote:

WOO

Mod edit:

HANZAL????

I think I'm going to hate you if this is not true!

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-26-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Removed link
Old
02-26-2011, 04:46 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
If he's a Bruin fan there's nothing to work out.
I'm an ex-bouncer, if he's a bruins fan we can work it out in a different way.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:47 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:

WOO

Mod edit:

As much as I love BenPoo I would cry tears of joy if we got that deal done.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 02-26-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Removed link
Old
02-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Nidema

Quote:
I love pouls, but i'd hit that.

And pyatt gets to play with his bro.
Yea I would really really hate letting pouls go. He's emerging as one of my favorite habs.

Still Hanzal, is a big body but I don't see him as a permanent #2 center. He's still young though.

I would probably take that deal.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:49 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
If we trade Patches for Dumont, I'm going to punch a random old person in the throat.

Gotta admit, I was laughing quite a bit.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:49 PM
JimmyDarmody

You'd think that if Pouls was in play that they would of given him some more ice-time the past little while.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:50 PM
MathMan

Quote:
He needs to say that, but the reality is, unless he can will the puck to get in more when he's on the ice, he can't do very much.

He's dominating puck possession, generating scoring chances, limiting opponent's scoring chances. But when he's on the ice, the Habs are ridiculously snakebit and can't turn shots into goals. The Habs' shooting percentage is already very low, but with Gomez on the ice it's outright beyond the pale. It's less than half what it's been in previous years.

That stat, BTW, is not a true talent. Call it luck or whatever you like, it's something Gomez just doesn't have a lot of control over. And that stat is driving his low counting numbers and low plus/minus. His -18 is mostly because while his minus numbers are fine, he can't buy a plus. But it's not for lack of trying and not for lack of generating opportunities.

There's even an argument to be made for Gomez playing better than last year, but for his teammates' inability to convert shots into goals.

Gomez's situation, though, is interesting because it's really revealing which media analysts are completely clueless and use counting stats to measure a guy's effort and effectiveness. Interesting, but also highly depressing.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDarmody View Post
You'd think that if Pouls was in play that they would of given him some more ice-time the past little while.
Complete myth. Our goal is to win games.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:52 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
He needs to say that, but the reality is, unless he can will the puck to get in more when he's on the ice, he can't do very much.

He's dominating puck possession, generating scoring chances, limiting opponent's scoring chances. But when he's on the ice, the Habs are ridiculously snakebit and can't turn shots into goals. The Habs' shooting percentage is already very low, but with Gomez on the ice it's outright beyond the pale. It's less than half what it's been in previous years.

That stat, BTW, is not a true talent. Call it luck or whatever you like, it's something Gomez just doesn't have a lot of control over. And that stat is driving his low counting numbers and low plus/minus. His -18 is mostly because while his minus numbers are fine, he can't buy a plus. But it's not for lack of trying and not for lack of generating opportunities.

There's even an argument to be made for Gomez playing better than last year, but for his teammates' inability to convert shots into goals.

Gomez's situation, though, is interesting because it's really revealing which media analysts are completely clueless and use counting stats to measure a guy's effort and effectiveness. Interesting, but also highly depressing.
Keep telling yourself that...

If we ever trade him, it will be a very glorious day for the team.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Just a reminder:

Since most of these rumours are from what HF considers "Not credible". When posting the rumours, just post the name of the source, DO NOT post a link to the source.

If you want to know what the link is, Google is your friend.

Old
HomaridII

Man, imagine if we do get Hanzal ,lol. No more people complaining about us being small down the middle eh .. the dude is huge.

And Stepniak is 6'3 or something like that also no?

Old
Amputechture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Complete myth. Our goal is to win games.
If that's our goal then maybe we should play Benny more. He's been playing some great hockey of late...unlike some much higher paid guys.

Closed Thread