HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Misc. Rumours/Speculation thread (non-official sources)

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Forsead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Add me to the list NBT, but not for the price that I've been hearing/reading from Oiler fans and the media.
Also my opinion I want the guy, but not at the price people are talking. I know you have to give to get, but not that much.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
grab DJ King, just because he have the greatest name ever
No he doesn't. This guy does.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41480994...ws-weird_news/

Old
02-26-2011, 06:21 PM
BLONG7

sportsnet's Doug Maclean says the Habs still need another Dman...forget up front he said, get another D......

Old
02-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Those Oil fans are insane... or their GM is, can't decide.
I wouldn't say they're insane, as we as a group can be guilty of overrating our players as well. I agree though, I think a lot of them might be a little disappointed in what they receive back, if he's traded.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:23 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Thing is we'd likely have to give up a lot more than AK. Rumours have it as starting with a 1st rounder + prospect. I like penner, but not enough to lose that first rounder.
I think that's what Bob was saying before about the waiting for the asking price to come down. We probably refused to give the 1st rounder. We could do AK, a prospect and a low draft pick. That's all.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:24 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Oh man, I like a lot of the same stats as you, but I can't get behind this conclusion. Gomez's corsi is behind Gionta and Pacioretty, who took off when they left Gomez's line to play with Plekanec.
Okay, two things, and the people who don't like or follow or believe in Corsi can tune out.

First, Gomez's Corsi stats are still excellent, better than Plekanec's in fact (context obviously being a factor here, but still), and his relative Corsi is also very high. He's clearly not dragging his linemates down, and when he is on the ice the Habs ARE dominating possession, more so than any other Hab center.

Second, Gionta is the team's best RW, hands down. When he is on a line, obviously that line is going to be better and the line he leaves is going to be worse, especially if he's being replaced by a bottom-six forward. This says nothing about the centers, it's all about Gionta.

MaxPac has played most of his minutes with Gomez, but has dominated Corsi regardless of who he's been with. Which is a very, very good sign. Scary thing is, he's even better than he's been given credit for.

As for Gomez's "terrible power play production", not to cut it too fine, but WTF are you talking about? Gomez produces 5.27 points per 60 PP minutes, which is very high, is second on the team behind only Wisnievski, and leads the team in PP points, tied with Cammy. His PP production is "excellent", not "terrible".

Gomez not producing 5-on-5 and putting up points on the PP, which is the reverse of his usual pattern, is just another statistical oddity surrounding him and the Habs this year...

Last edited by MathMan: 02-26-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old
02-26-2011, 06:25 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
sportsnet's Doug Maclean says the Habs still need another Dman...forget up front he said, get another D......
id do the exact opposite of whatever this guy says

Old
02-26-2011, 06:27 PM
sevil

Twitter has Gomez going to St.Louis or Phoenix. Let us Pray.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:27 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I think that's what Bob was saying before about the waiting for the asking price to come down. We probably refused to give the 1st rounder. We could do AK, a prospect and a low draft pick. That's all.
PG has said that he will NOT trade out of the first round. Maybe there is someone in the first round of this years draft that they really covet.

He also said that he is not trading his high end prospects. Not sure which of those prospects are, but I do recall reading this last week. Sorry, I have tried to find the link to the story but I cannot.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:29 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil View Post
I am an atheist and have been praying for this for days now.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:29 PM
sheed36

Quote:
He also said something along the lines of Mara and Sopel won't make much of a difference..

Just saw on the Sportsnet ticker that JVR as been sent to the AHL.. Conditioning stint? I thought this guy was the 2nd coming according to Flyer fans when talking about trading Halak to the Flyers last season..

Old
02-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habspinner View Post
PG has said that he will NOT trade out of the first round. Maybe there is someone in the first round of this years draft that they really covet.

He also said that he is not trading his high end prospects. Not sure which of those prospects are, but I do recall reading this last week. Sorry, I have tried to find the link to the story but I cannot.
I'm okay with that.

Unless we're talking about the Stastny deal, then I would include all those elements minus Subban and Price, and Paches then literally **** the rest.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:31 PM
HomaridII

Eklund how getting into the act, lol.

Saying on twitter that the Habs will have news after tonight's game

Old
02-26-2011, 06:31 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
He also said something along the lines of Mara and Sopel won't make much of a difference..

Just saw on the Sportsnet ticker that JVR as been sent to the AHL.. Conditioning stint? I thought this guy was the 2nd coming according to Flyer fans when talking about trading Halak to the Flyers last season..
Its for cap reasons to allow Boynton into the line up tonight to replace an injured Pronger. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:32 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Who's saying it on twitter?

Old
02-26-2011, 06:33 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
id do the exact opposite of whatever this guy says
Agreed...I think we need another top 6 guy, which is why I think we will see AK and a Dman or a pick go somewhere for another forward.....

Old
02-26-2011, 06:34 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
hmmmm...

Old
02-26-2011, 06:37 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
WHO on twitter is saying this? You have to give us a name...

02-26-2011, 06:39 PM
sevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Who's saying it on twitter?
ICBOB, he called the McCabe trade 5 days ago. called the fisher trade early, called a few others this week including kovalev and got a couple of waivers right as well.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:39 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Bob is saying that phoenix is in on weiss. I'm hoping they get outbid and have gomez as their last centre option.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
ICBOB, he called the McCabe trade 5 days ago. called the fisher trade early, called a few others this week including kovalev and got a couple of waivers right as well.
He sounds familiar. Could swear I remember him from last years deadline when he was mooching off some french canadian reporter... Caisse was it?

Old
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
WHO on twitter is saying this? You have to give us a name...
Its been said for awhile that Phoenix is high on Gomez.

Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Wonder why he never won and can't get a GM job in the NHL?

Even if we get more D, D has to go. Plus, we do need some size and depth up front in the top 6.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:41 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Okay, two things, and the people who don't like or follow or believe in Corsi can tune out.

First, Gomez's Corsi stats are still excellent, better than Plekanec's in fact (context obviously being a factor here, but still), and his relative Corsi is also very high. He's clearly not dragging his linemates down, and when he is on the ice the Habs ARE dominating possession, more so than any other Hab center.

Second, Gionta is the team's best RW, hands down. When he is on a line, obviously that line is going to be better and the line he leaves is going to be worse, especially if he's being replaced by a bottom-six forward. This says nothing about the centers, it's all about Gionta.

MaxPac has played most of his minutes with Gomez, but has dominated Corsi regardless of who he's been with. Which is a very, very good sign. Scary thing is, he's even better than he's been given credit for.

As for Gomez's "terrible power play production", not to cut it too fine, but WTF are you talking about? Gomez produces 5.27 points per 60 PP minutes, which is very high, is second on the team behind only Wisnievski, and leads the team in PP points, tied with Cammy. His PP production is "excellent", not "terrible".

Gomez not producing 5-on-5 and putting up points on the PP, which is the reverse of his usual pattern, is just another statistical oddity surrounding him and the Habs this year...
I have to agree that Gomez PP play and production have been pretty good... no complaints there. But no matter how you slice it, and you can bend the stats any way you want, his even strength play has been lousy.

For example, the team may dominate territorially when his line is on the ice but then they give up the puck and Gomer dogs it coming back... and his plus/minus drops another notch.

For whatever reason, the opposition badly outscores the Habs when Gomer is on the ice at even strength.

The other problem with using historical stats to predict future play is a declining skill set or, god forbid, a declining passion for the game. Like it or not, Gomer's skill set isn't going to get any better and it he wants to succeed he needs to change the way he plays the game.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:43 PM
sevil

*************** he is saying leafs are really close to getting Liles. and Kings getting ready to pull the trigger too!

Closed Thread