HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

To all HF Leaf fans.....

Closed Thread

Old
06-12-2011, 05:37 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

vCash: 500
To all HF Leaf fans.....

It's sad that I am resorting to this.

Please for the love of god- stop starting threads in the Trade Rumour/Proposal Free Agent forum. It's getting utterly ridiculous how many times I see a thread TOR-XXX that is completely horrid and just plain dumb.

It's getting to the point where most of us logical fans can't leave the forum without wanting to pull our hair out at something a fellow fan said and then the never ending wave of remarks from other fanbases.

How about we use the Official Trade/UFA-RFA Thread at the top of this forum for this stuff? If you've got a proposal, put it in there first. If you get some positive feedback/remarks then by all means, go ahead and post it on the Main boards.

Anyone agree that this has gotten way to out of hand?

Old
06-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

how many of those leafs fans actually post here.

Old
06-12-2011, 05:39 PM
contour

Having only checked that forum twice coming to HFboards, the first proposal that i click on is this:

To ANA:
Mikhail Grabovski
Nikolai Kulemin
Nazem Kadri
Carl Gunnarsson
2011 1st (29th/30th overall)
2011 3rd (from Phi)
2012 1st
2012 2nd (from Bos)

To TOR:
Ryan Getzlaf
Brandon McMillan
2011 1st (22nd overall)

Should of thrown in Lebda there too

Old
06-12-2011, 05:46 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
how many of those leafs fans actually post here.
There are the Troll accounts every now and then. But there are too many posters doing this that actually post here....

Old
06-12-2011, 05:47 PM
rimshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post

Please for the love of god- stop starting threads in the Trade Rumour/Proposal Free Agent forum. It's getting utterly ridiculous how many times I see a thread TOR-XXX that is completely horrid and just plain dumb.

It's getting to the point where most of us logical fans can't leave the forum without wanting to pull our hair out at something a fellow fan said and then the never ending wave of remarks from other fanbases.

How about we use the Official Trade/UFA-RFA Thread at the top of this forum for this stuff? If you've got a proposal, put it in there first. If you get some positive feedback/remarks then by all means, go ahead and post it on the Main boards.

Look at the post count of these "Leaf" posters. Most of them are extremely low and many have never posted here. What does that tell you?
As for the rest of us. We must never post unbalanced trade proposals as it offends the Mensa candidates that lurk on those boards.

Old
06-12-2011, 05:48 PM
dubey
Cookie Powered

Doesn't bother me.

Only time that forum is ever worth reading is if there's a signing or a trade.

All of the trade proposals are a waste of time regardless of the teams involved.

Old
06-12-2011, 05:48 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

what gives you the right to tell people where they can and can't post?

Old
06-12-2011, 05:51 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
what gives you the right to tell people where they can and can't post?

This proves the "None of those people post in the Leafs forum" theory wrong.

Old
06-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Who cares what other people think. If others want to look at one bad trade proposal made by a supposed Leaf fan and generalize that to the entire HFboards Leaf fan base, they can make a fool of themselves and go right ahead.

Old
06-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

Quote:

I agree it is getting out of hand, and I swear I wanted to start a thread pretty close to this one, but I feel like Leaf fans most of the time get killed for no reason. It makes me laugh when fanbases say "toronto has nothing in the NHL/AHL that would interest me".

These comments and the constant digs at our fanbase are the main reason I haven't posted in a while. I just started visiting the site again. I don't see why people can't just have some interesting conversations and educate other fanbases about their players, prospects ect...rather people are too quick to mock ect.....

sorry man, just very frustrated.

Old
06-12-2011, 05:54 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

There's another forum on these boards?

Old
06-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Yeah, the influx of like 5 proposals including us is a bit much. But I'm willing to bet that a lot of the proposals where we're giving up crap for great players are all started by trolls impersonating Leafs fans.

Old
06-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaylock38 View Post
I agree it is getting out of hand, and I swear I wanted to start a thread pretty close to this one, but I feel like Leaf fans most of the time get killed for no reason. It makes me laugh when fanbases say "toronto has nothing in the NHL/AHL that would interest me".

These comments and the constant digs at our fanbase are the main reason I haven't posted in a while. I just started visiting the site again. I don't see why people can't just have some interesting conversations and educate other fanbases about their players, prospects ect...rather people are too quick to mock ect.....

sorry man, just very frustrated.
lol that one comes in play so often. Two rangers homers wont trade ****ing Dubinsky for anyone on our roster

Last edited by Chandrashekhar Limit: 06-12-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old
06-12-2011, 05:56 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRanger View Post
Yeah, the influx of like 5 proposals including us is a bit much. But I'm willing to bet that a lot of the proposals where we're giving up crap for great players are all started by trolls impersonating Leafs fans.
Yes, like I said, there are the occassional troll threads. But when you get down to it and actually count; i'd say its not the majority of them.

Old
06-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
lol that was comes in play so often. Two rangers homers wont trade ****ing Dubinsky for anyone on our roster
Hahahaha, you seen that 2 eh? Brutal.

Old
06-12-2011, 05:58 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Meh. It does kind of bug me, but if people want to post proposals on a board meant for proposals, have at it...even if they refuse to think before they post.

The only peeve I have about it is the false perception given to all other Leafs' fans by the other fanbases that we overvalue our players to the extreme and don't have a clue about other teams. Other than that, I just choose not to read those threads.

Old
06-12-2011, 05:59 PM
contour

Quote:
Very. Some didn't even want Kessel for Dubinsky

Old
06-12-2011, 06:01 PM
theneuf33
@TheDamager

Quote:

I like this suggestion.. to be honest i hardly ever propose trades mostly just read some of the proposals posted in the rumour section to see if there is anything worth anything. However next time i think of proposing a trade i will def put it up here first to see what reaction i get before putting it out to the other fanbases
Also i am sick of the crappy trade proposals by some leaf fans as well as the "nothing of value" argument that others seem to use quite frequently

Old
06-12-2011, 06:02 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
Meh. It does kind of bug me, but if people want to post proposals on a board meant for proposals, have at it...even if they refuse to think before they post.

The only peeve I have about it is the false perception given to all other Leafs' fans by the other fanbases that we overvalue our players to the extreme and don't have a clue about other teams. Other than that, I just choose not to read those threads.
I agree that those proposal threads are there for a reason and people have the right to post. But it's the being painted with one brush thing that I am getting at (as you mentioned).

Anyone got any ideas how we can make it known to other users which Leaf posters are the respected ones that can be taken seriously? A signature tag maybe?

Old
06-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

Quote:
I agree that those proposal threads are there for a reason and people have the right to post. But it's the being painted with one brush thing that I am getting at (as you mentioned).

Anyone got any ideas how we can make it known to other users which Leaf posters are the respected ones that can be taken seriously? A signature tag maybe?
Thats kind of interesting actually, but how would it be policed? How does one earn that tag? Who authorizes it?

Old
06-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
There was one Flyer fan that said they wouldn't trade anything on their roster for anything on our roster. Okay, you wouldn't trade your worst player for our best?

Old
06-12-2011, 06:07 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
Thats kind of interesting actually, but how would it be policed? How does one earn that tag? Who authorizes it?
well I was thinking something like having a head user to police. Users would have to demonstrate with their post record that they aren't a complete tool. If the head and a few sub-heads agree, said user can add the tag. Something like "Logical Leaf Fan No.XYZ".

Old
06-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:
Yes, like I said, there are the occassional troll threads. But when you get down to it and actually count; i'd say its not the majority of them.
I mean trade proposals where we're litterally giving up nothing. Like that one Tor-Phi thread. Briere for Bozak,Caputi,Holzer,D'amigo, and a 2nd? Really? I don't think all of them are maded by trolls, but the ones that aren't aren't usually that bad.

Old
06-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRanger View Post
There was one Flyer fan that said they wouldn't trade anything on their roster for anything on our roster. Okay, you wouldn't trade your worst player for our best?
I know seriously eh? never mind throwing opposing team names out there: But realistically who wouldn't want Kessel, Kulemin, Schenn, just to name a few. Really no team wants any of these guys?

It's just ridiculous man, ridiculous.

Old
06-12-2011, 06:15 PM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:
well I was thinking something like having a Moderator to police. Users would have to demonstrate with their post record that they aren't a complete tool. If the moderator and a few sub-mods agree, said user can add the tag. Something like "Logical Leaf Fan No.XYZ".

Closed Thread