HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v14: Where the losses are losses and the wins are screwed away from us by the lottery

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Dr.Funk

vCash: 500
Irving, Barnes and Kanter are probably my top 3 right now.

Old
03-28-2011, 06:17 PM
thatshype

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
Davis is more of a 4 in my opinion.
Quote:
You don't need the "in my opinion" because he is a 4. There is no way his skinny body and the fact he is slightly undersized can handle the big physical centers in this league.

He is perfect as a power forward though.

Oh, I actually didn't mean "starting 5" as starting C, I just meant "one of the five players that starts the game". LOL, my bad.

Old
03-28-2011, 06:44 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
You don't need the "in my opinion" because he is a 4. There is no way his skinny body and the fact he is slightly undersized can handle the big physical centers in this league.

He is perfect as a power forward though.
I put "in my opinion" because he's played center before.

You're right though, he is a prototypical power forward.

Quote:
Oh, I actually didn't mean "starting 5" as starting C, I just meant "one of the five players that starts the game". LOL, my bad.
That makes sense.

I definetly think Davis will be a starter in this league, I'm just not sure how good of a starter he'll become.

Old
03-28-2011, 06:47 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk View Post
Irving, Barnes and Kanter are probably my top 3 right now.
I think mine are probably Irving, Barnes, and Williams.

I truly believe that Williams can become a quality Small Forward, despite others saying he's a Power Forward.

Old
03-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Smallz

we don't have anything going for us right now that we should be drafting by need.....we need to take the BPA which I firmly believe Williams is after Irving.

I have nothing against Ed Davis but we can't pass on a talent like Derek Williams just because Davis is already on the team

Old
03-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

I was just thinking about it, and there might be a chance we get Irving without even picking in the top 3.

Of all the teams around us, all of them except the Cavs are set at the point already. Washington has Wall, Sacremento has Evans. There is no way those 2 teams pick Irving.

Minnesota still has Rubio who I think they are pretty high on Rubio who might come over next year. They might take Irving but I think they would prefer Barnes to play along with Love and Rubio.

Cavs don't have anything at any postion, so who knows who they pick, but if they go with Williams or Barnes, there is a chance we get Irving at 5

Old
03-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallz View Post
we don't have anything going for us right now that we should be drafting by need.....we need to take the BPA which I firmly believe Williams is after Irving.

I have nothing against Ed Davis but we can't pass on a talent like Derek Williams just because Davis is already on the team
Not like there are any in the draft, but I think we are pretty set at SG.

Old
03-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Smallz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
I was just thinking about it, and there might be a chance we get Irving without even picking in the top 3.

Of all the teams around us, all of them except the Cavs are set at the point already. Washington has Wall, Sacremento has Evans. There is no way those 2 teams pick Irving.

Minnesota still has Rubio who I think they are pretty high on Rubio who might come over next year. They might take Irving but I think they would prefer Barnes to play along with Love and Rubio.

Cavs don't have anything at any postion, so who knows who they pick, but if they go with Williams or Barnes, there is a chance we get Irving at 5
Good point
WSH with Wall and MIN with Rubio and Flynn 100% wouldn't take Irving.....however Cleveland would 100% take him if given the opportunity and I wouldn't be surprised to even see the Kings move Evans to the 2 guard so they can draft Irving.

Old
03-29-2011, 01:25 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

I just realized something about Julian Wright.. Not only does James Johnson do what Wright does and do it better and as a younger player, but he also does it cheaper.

Wright makes about $2.9 million this year and has a pre-set QO amount for next year of over $3.8m

James Johnson makes $1.7m and $1.8m this year and next respectively

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 35 GP, 13-17-5 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
03-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Dr.Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post

Washington is the only team that passes over Irving.

Tyreke Evans is looking more like a SG and he and Irving would be dynamite together.

Rubio doesn't appear interested in coming over to play in Minnesota and he has also had somewhat of a down year this season and the T-Wolves have had Flynn in the rumour mill pretty much all season, they take Irving in a Nano second.

Old
03-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:

Tyreke Evans is looking more like a SG and he and Irving would be dynamite together.

Rubio doesn't appear interested in coming over to play in Minnesota and he has also had somewhat of a down year this season and the T-Wolves have had Flynn in the rumour mill pretty much all season, they take Irving in a Nano second.
I am no expert on the Kings, but I think Evans is a PG. I thought he was a player who demands the ball in his hands. He is not a great shooter, so I don't know if him and Irving work well together.

As for Minny, it sounds like there is a chance Rubio comes over next year if there isn't a lockout. If they feel that Barnes and Irving are pretty close, they might lean towards taking Barnes due to having a highly touted PG in the system.

Cleveland - Derreick Willaims
Minnesota - Harrison Barnes
Washington - Enes Kanter

I could totally see the top 3 playing out like that if the teams stay as they are but who knows where teams are going to pick.

Old
03-29-2011, 01:32 PM
MrLegend28

Quote:

Kyrie Irving lead his team to injuries/a slump they couldn't even win the ACC/losing to Arizona

Brandon KNight lead his team to / not being hurt / winning the SEC by dominating Florida / In the final four / #1 recruited player in the country / Product of Coach Cal and his 1st round crew

what do Wall, Rose and Evans have in common The same as our next 1st round pick. Or Harrison Barnes.

**** Duke, and **** anyone who likes Duke. **** school

Old
03-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

It is a little weird Duke doesn't produce many stars despite being a great team most of the time in College.

I want Barnes more than Irving so that's who I am hoping we pick.

Old
03-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Vexxed14

Quote:
It is a little weird Duke doesn't produce many stars despite being a great team most of the time in College.

I want Barnes more than Irving so that's who I am hoping we pick.
I can hardly understand the poster above you but I get the Duke hate...

Onto your comment, NCAA and NBA have such contrasting style that most top flight NCAA players do not amount to much in the NBA while many NBA stars were hardly heard of in college until draft time.

Duke's program is based on defense first and elite outside shooting. They hustle harder than most teams, night in and night out. The style of player that they chase is usually not one that works well in the NBA where team skill is less important than the ability to create your own shot.

Irving is of a different mold and I always thought was out of place at Duke, although he performs well. More of a UNC type of player imo.

I personally think we should be chasing a playmaker at the point and priority for me would be a scorer/defender on the wing to play with Derozan.

Barnes > Irving for this team. I believe we will be picking twice this draft coming due to trade and I think there are point guards a little deeper that can be had to not be a star but servicable in the pg spot.

I only want a star PG on my team if my PF is also a star. We don't have a star PF but we could have a star SG so I want my SF to be elite and my inside game to be hard and gritty with D and rebounding

Old
03-29-2011, 10:07 PM
91Kadri91

Well, a few things.

Evans is a two guard. IMO Williams is much too small to play power forward.

There's no way Irving falls out of the top 3. Not a chance. Minnesota would pick him, as would Cleveland, and even if he does fall to Washington at 3 (depending on how the lottery ends up) they'd pick him too, to use as trade bait.

In all honesty, if were not picking Irving or Barnes (maybe Williams), I hope BC considers trading the pick for an unprotected 2012 pick (if possible).

Can you imagine getting Miller and Kabongo/Teague? Although highly unlikely, that would be amazing.

Old
03-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Williams is not that small to play power forward. He is 6'9. Boozer is 6'9, Amir is 6'9. Most powerforwards are around 6'10 give or take an inch or perhaps 2.

If Sullinger was still going to the draft, then I could Irving falling out of the top 3 with Barnes, Williams, Sullinger who teams could like more so than Irving but I am not sure who else you pick in that top 3 with Sullinger out. Maybe Kanter? If some team is extremely high on him.

If BC pick doesn't go higher through the lottery then I think he should try to move up or just trade it if Barnes, Irving and Williams are all gone.

Old
03-29-2011, 10:30 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Williams is not that small to play power forward. He is 6'9. Boozer is 6'9, Amir is 6'9. Most powerforwards are around 6'10 give or take an inch or perhaps 2.

If Sullinger was still going to the draft, then I could Irving falling out of the top 3 with Barnes, Williams, Sullinger who teams could like more so than Irving but I am not sure who else you pick in that top 3 with Sullinger out. Maybe Kanter? If some team is extremely high on him.

If BC pick doesn't go higher through the lottery then I think he should try to move up or just trade it if Barnes, Irving and Williams are all gone.
Actually, Williams height is very unknown, but many believe he's about 6'7''.

The draft combine should, however, clear up all the confusion.

Old
03-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

LMAO! Heat lose to the Cavs. LeFraud is crying as we speak.

Old
03-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Haha

Old
03-29-2011, 11:51 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

That city deserved that victory tonight.

Old
03-29-2011, 11:58 PM
Quik
Agent 0091

I have a question that is probably going to sound dumb, but what is the rule for NCAA ball players? I mean, once they declare for the draft, are they automatically ineligible for NCAA play? Or are they allowed to return as long as they don't sign a pro contract (as is the case for hockey players)?

Old
03-30-2011, 12:36 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik View Post
I have a question that is probably going to sound dumb, but what is the rule for NCAA ball players? I mean, once they declare for the draft, are they automatically ineligible for NCAA play? Or are they allowed to return as long as they don't sign a pro contract (as is the case for hockey players)?
I think it's the same rules as it is for hockey players, except that the NBA doesn't allow teams to retain unsigned draft picks like the NHL can.

you also lose NCAA eligibility if you sign an agent.

Old
03-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
Actually, Williams height is very unknown, but many believe he's about 6'7''.

The draft combine should, however, clear up all the confusion.
I've mostly read he is 6'8-6'9 which is why he is a borderline small forward and because he can shoot well.

Last edited by Nasty Nazem: 03-30-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old
03-30-2011, 01:08 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

This Williams discussion sounds a lot like Michael Beasley in terms of "yeah he's undersized for the PF position but he's quick enough to offset that"

the only difference is that Beasley is inexplicably listed as 6'10 on the Wolves website.

Old
03-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Vexxed14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
This Williams discussion sounds a lot like Michael Beasley in terms of "yeah he's undersized for the PF position but he's quick enough to offset that"

the only difference is that Beasley is inexplicably listed as 6'10 on the Wolves website.
The truth is, height is the most lied about stat in basketball from grade school into high school and onwards. I used to see tournament rosters with fudged heights all the time

Closed Thread