HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

v14: Where the losses are losses and the wins are screwed away from us by the lottery

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2011, 05:35 PM
  #51
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 45,487
vCash: 500
Ok seriously Andrea. WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

I can only imagine that this was Bargnani's thought process:

"We're only down by 1, so you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to stand 1 step inside the 3 point line and jab-step at my defender for 8 seconds until I have to jack up an off-balance 22 footer with 2 seconds left on the clock. That's an awesome idea. I am awesome. So awesome that I don't need to fake out the D and drive to the hoop for a much easier bucket. driving at the hoop is for suckers. Chris Bosh told me so."

__________________

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
13-14 Sharks CI Feed Tracker: 82 GP |29-39-14 (SJ-Opponent-Van/Nat'l)
www.bluejayshipsters.com We liked the Blue Jays before it was cool.
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline  
Old
03-05-2011, 05:41 PM
  #52
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
You could see the other players on the court were tremendously upset. DeRozan was like, what a ****ing *******. DeMar needs it in his hands, not Bargnani. I'd bench him for 5 games for that ****. Deplorable.

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
03-05-2011, 05:48 PM
  #53
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my house... duh!
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,857
vCash: 500
Bargnani is such a massive tool. Who the **** takes a shot like that in dying seconds?

Great game from DeMar and Davis. Triano is a moron for not giving Davis any minutes in OT.

Nasty Nazem is offline  
Old
03-05-2011, 06:27 PM
  #54
Dr.Funk
Registered User
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Swaggerville
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,345
vCash: 1060
Quote:
Why were there so many Blake Griffin fans at the game last night? Sure he can dunk hard, rebound and play defense, but he can't shoot 3's!
3:02 PM Feb 14th via web
Quote:
6 rebounds today!! More than half way to 10! Who said I can't rebound?
6:45 PM Feb 13th via web
Quote:
Me and Bryan had movie night tonight. We watched a movie called "Overpaid in Toronto." God I love my GM!
9:19 PM Feb 6th via web
Quote:
Fun fact. I grab the lowest amount of rebounds in the NBA for a starting F/C but I still get paid more than Beasley and K.Love combined! LOL
3:02 PM Feb 6th via web
Quote:
12 points on 4/12 shooting. 5 rebounds, no blocks, no defense. It feels so good to be the man in Toronto. Chris who?
9:48 PM Feb 2nd via web
Quote:
The bad news: We lost our 9th in a row. The good news: I still get paid $103,657 per game this season. So all is good in BargnaniWorld!
12:15 AM Jan 27th via web
Quote:
Bryan Colangelo made a far less publicized "decision" when he drafted me. He decided that we were never gonna be a playoff team.
11:02 PM Jan 24th via web
Quote:
Today after I finished with my pasta and meatballs, I worked on my 3 point shooting. I know I need to make more 3's for us to win more games
12:52 AM Jan 24th via web
http://twitter.com/andreabustnani

Dr.Funk is offline  
Old
03-05-2011, 07:07 PM
  #55
Suntouchable13
Registered User
 
Suntouchable13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Bargnani is such a massive tool. Who the **** takes a shot like that in dying seconds?

Great game from DeMar and Davis. Triano is a moron for not giving Davis any minutes in OT.
That was awful. Jay is a tool too for drawing up a play like that, unless the players just don't listen. I hate that Sam Mitchell got fired only for this tool to take over.

Suntouchable13 is online now  
Old
03-05-2011, 07:32 PM
  #56
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
Bar nanny can kiss my ass. That was pathetic. Cheap ass bastar

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
03-05-2011, 08:36 PM
  #57
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 45,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
That was awful. Jay is a tool too for drawing up a play like that, unless the players just don't listen. I hate that Sam Mitchell got fired only for this tool to take over.
Who's to say Jay didn't draw it up with the intent that Bargnani would suck his man in and then get past him and get to the basket? Watching the ridiculous shots he sometimes take, I feel like Bargnani lives in his own little world where it's totally cool to take whatever random shot he feels like with little to no justification.

The Nemesis is offline  
Old
03-05-2011, 08:44 PM
  #58
shaner89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Burlington, Ont
Posts: 13,839
vCash: 500
Keep losing. Its perfect

Now 4th last. Washington 1 game behind us

shaner89 is offline  
Old
03-05-2011, 09:28 PM
  #59
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Who's to say Jay didn't draw it up with the intent that Bargnani would suck his man in and then get past him and get to the basket? Watching the ridiculous shots he sometimes take, I feel like Bargnani lives in his own little world where it's totally cool to take whatever random shot he feels like with little to no justification.
He's also cheap. Wanted a deal on a Mac. I'm like, you make a gazillion dollars and you still want a discount? Assclown.

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
03-05-2011, 09:52 PM
  #60
Suntouchable13
Registered User
 
Suntouchable13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Who's to say Jay didn't draw it up with the intent that Bargnani would suck his man in and then get past him and get to the basket? Watching the ridiculous shots he sometimes take, I feel like Bargnani lives in his own little world where it's totally cool to take whatever random shot he feels like with little to no justification.
Yea, I mean he gave the ball to his best player and it is up to him to take a good shot. Thinking about it, I definitely don't think Jay is that stupid. He wouldn't tell Andrea to settle for such a shot in the dying seconds of the game. Also, Andrea might have been a little tired as well. I have to take back calling him a tool. But I still wouldn't want him here when the Raptors are ready to make a run at the playoffs again.

Suntouchable13 is online now  
Old
03-05-2011, 11:29 PM
  #61
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 45,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
Yea, I mean he gave the ball to his best player and it is up to him to take a good shot. Thinking about it, I definitely don't think Jay is that stupid. He wouldn't tell Andrea to settle for such a shot in the dying seconds of the game. Also, Andrea might have been a little tired as well. I have to take back calling him a tool. But I still wouldn't want him here when the Raptors are ready to make a run at the playoffs again.
I don't mind if he's here for that provided that by then DeMar is the best player and primary offensive option.

and what killed that possession was Bargs standing near the 3pt line and jab-stepping like 6 times. it wasn't doing anything, but he kept trying, hoping the D would bite.

The Nemesis is offline  
Old
03-05-2011, 11:34 PM
  #62
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I don't mind if he's here for that provided that by then DeMar is the best player and primary offensive option.

and what killed that possession was Bargs standing near the 3pt line and jab-stepping like 6 times. it wasn't doing anything, but he kept trying, hoping the D would bite.




Pretty much this.


Last edited by Jaysfanatic*: 03-05-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
03-06-2011, 07:33 PM
  #63
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,066
vCash: 500
After reading some threads around the internet, a deal that caught my attaention was Bargnani to the Bucks for there pick this year. Right now there slotted in the 9th spot. With a little more losing that pick could possibly get us a Terrence Jones, or if we don't win the lottery we could package that pick to move up in order too draft Kyrie Irving, depending on where are original pick is.

So what do you guys think?

Not that this deal is likely to happen, but I'm interested too see what people think of this deal.

91Kadri91 is offline  
Old
03-06-2011, 07:51 PM
  #64
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers
 
Nasty Nazem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In my house... duh!
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
After reading some threads around the internet, a deal that caught my attaention was Bargnani to the Bucks for there pick this year. Right now there slotted in the 9th spot. With a little more losing that pick could possibly get us a Terrence Jones, or if we don't win the lottery we could package that pick to move up in order too draft Kyrie Irving, depending on where are original pick is.

So what do you guys think?

Not that this deal is likely to happen, but I'm interested too see what people think of this deal.
I hate Bargnani with a passion but that's a pretty pointless deal. I doubt Terrence even drops that far and even if he does, I doubt he becomes as good as Bargnani.

In the right situation, Bargnani is a fine player when he doesn't have to be the center or the #1 option. He's not a franchise player and that's what this team needs to be the #1 option. Bargnani is still a player that can drop 20 points a night and be a nightmare matchup for opponents.

I would consider dealing Bargnani for a pick like 5th overall or something but in the next draft. This draft just sucks.

Besides, as long as BC is here, Bargnani will not go anywhere. I have no idea why but BC loves him.

Nasty Nazem is offline  
Old
03-06-2011, 08:39 PM
  #65
91Kadri91
Registered User
 
91Kadri91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
I hate Bargnani with a passion but that's a pretty pointless deal. I doubt Terrence even drops that far and even if he does, I doubt he becomes as good as Bargnani.

In the right situation, Bargnani is a fine player when he doesn't have to be the center or the #1 option. He's not a franchise player and that's what this team needs to be the #1 option. Bargnani is still a player that can drop 20 points a night and be a nightmare matchup for opponents.

I would consider dealing Bargnani for a pick like 5th overall or something but in the next draft. This draft just sucks.

Besides, as long as BC is here, Bargnani will not go anywhere. I have no idea why but BC loves him.
This deal would obviously be dependent on Colangelo being re-signed by the team, as, like you've stated, Colangelo loves Bargnani.

However, other then that, I respectfully disagree with this post.

From a secondary option, I personally, would be looking for someone with the ability too do more then just score. Bargnani does not provide such option. Something I think Terrence Jones can provide.

Now, at this point, those reading our probably thinking that DeRozan doesn't offer much in terms of rebounding and defense, however do too DeRozan's above average work ethic and athleticism, I believe, that at the very least, he can become average in these departments.

As for your take on Bargnani's value, I wholeheartedly disagree. If you believe that Bargnani is worth a top-5 pick in a relatively strong draft, then I would have too question your judgement. The only way that such a thing would happen is if he were to be traded for an unprotected draft pick the year before, in hopes that the team he was traded too would have an injury riddled season. Otherwise, I just don't see the value.

This post, of course, consists of my opinions.

91Kadri91 is offline  
Old
03-06-2011, 10:13 PM
  #66
Boom King
Registered User
 
Boom King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 500
I've had enough of this Heat team. A close lose to the Bulls and now they're crying like babies and spoiled brats. The one guy I used to have a little bit of respect for out of the big three was Wade. Now with his post-game comment, he's as big a brat as James and Bosh.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/...urn=nba-330370

Boom King is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 08:46 AM
  #67
Chandrashekhar Limit
Kunitz sucks balls
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 15,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom King View Post
I've had enough of this Heat team. A close lose to the Bulls and now they're crying like babies and spoiled brats. The one guy I used to have a little bit of respect for out of the big three was Wade. Now with his post-game comment, he's as big a brat as James and Bosh.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/...urn=nba-330370
Came here to post this.

Wade blatantly blaming the refs, and players crying after a regular season game. What retards.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 10:14 AM
  #68
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
Reduced to tears!!!!!!!! are they 26-28 year old men, or 5 year old girls? Give me a break, sissy boys.

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 03:45 PM
  #69
TasteLikeBurning
The Tank Cometh
 
TasteLikeBurning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom King View Post
I've had enough of this Heat team. A close lose to the Bulls and now they're crying like babies and spoiled brats. The one guy I used to have a little bit of respect for out of the big three was Wade. Now with his post-game comment, he's as big a brat as James and Bosh.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/...urn=nba-330370


They had a stat of the heat vs teams above 500 and man was it ever bad. I think I saw the raps with a better record against above 500 teams.

TasteLikeBurning is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 04:15 PM
  #70
Boom King
Registered User
 
Boom King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteLikeBurning View Post
They had a stat of the heat vs teams above 500 and man was it ever bad. I think I saw the raps with a better record against above 500 teams.
The secret is out on this Heat team. They have great collapsing interior D but you can beat them if you have guards that can penetrate and kick out to your long range shooters.

Boom King is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 12:40 PM
  #71
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=357245



****ing retard

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 01:25 PM
  #72
Dr.Funk
Registered User
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Swaggerville
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,345
vCash: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post

I'll take him back here in a heartbeat.

As soon as LeBron decided to join the heat Bosh was ****ed.


If the heat want a Big man that shoots the ball we have one who makes about 10 million and maybe they could use a PG that shoots the 3 fairly well.

Dr.Funk is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 01:31 PM
  #73
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Strathroy, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 62,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk View Post
I'll take him back here in a heartbeat.

As soon as LeBron decided to join the heat Bosh was ****ed.


If the heat want a Big man that shoots the ball we have one who makes about 10 million and maybe they could use a PG that shoots the 3 fairly well.
Haha, I doubt they trade him back here. I doubt he wants to even come back here.

Jaysfanatic* is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 03:37 PM
  #74
Raptactics29
Registered User
 
Raptactics29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500
I'm not a huge basketball fan but who are the top end of the draft kids this year you guys are eyeballing?

Raptactics29 is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 03:42 PM
  #75
Dr.Funk
Registered User
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Swaggerville
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,345
vCash: 1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptactics29 View Post
I'm not a huge basketball fan but who are the top end of the draft kids this year you guys are eyeballing?

Kyrie Irving and Harrison Barnes are my main targets.

Dr.Funk is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.