HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v14: Where the losses are losses and the wins are screwed away from us by the lottery

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2011, 04:03 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

vCash: 500
Saw his whole post game interview. He seemed very distraught at the whole situation. He's really receiving some heat for his recent play. With being the 3rd wheel on a team with James and Wade as number 1 and 2, it was obvious he wasn't going to receive the touches he was being the number 1 here in Toronto.

Old
03-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Dr.Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanta Yo View Post
Saw his whole post game interview. He seemed very distraught at the whole situation. He's really receiving some heat for his recent play. With being the 3rd wheel on a team with James and Wade as number 1 and 2, it was obvious he wasn't going to receive the touches he was being the number 1 here in Toronto.

When he chose he was going to the Heat, LeBron was still undecided so at the time Bosh joining Wade in Miami was a great decision for him.

But as soon as Bron decided to head to South Beach Bosh was ****ed. Bosh is no doubt better than what this season has turned out to be.

Old
03-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Funk View Post
When he chose he was going to the Heat, LeBron was still undecided so at the time Bosh joining Wade in Miami was a great decision for him.

But as soon as Bron decided to head to South Beach Bosh was ****ed. Bosh is no doubt better than what this season has turned out to be.
That's true, but I think all three of them entered UFA thinking that the ideal situation was for all of them to play together. The team itself, after the big 3, seems like patch work. The depth is simply lacking when compared to other contenders. Against Portland, James and Wade combined for over 60 points I believe, but the bench scored 8 compared to Portland's bench that hit 40 something.

Old
03-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
Get a real GM

vCash: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post

******. No other adjective fits him.

Old
03-09-2011, 05:12 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

maybe he should go cry about it... oh wait, that wasn't him. allegedly.

That's some nice karma for him though. I know the team is still doing well and at least better than the Raptors, but it's fun seeing him get all pissy for stuff that's his own fault.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
03-09-2011, 06:07 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Reggie's back!

Old
03-09-2011, 06:27 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

and now Amir is hurt. Of course he is. We can't have a gradually healthier roster, now can we? Someone has to go out to balance the scales for Reggie Evans returning.

Old
03-09-2011, 06:32 PM
91Kadri91

Offensive? Are you kidding me?

I don't understand why DeRozan can't seem too get the call.

As for Amir. Really unfortunate, but on the other hand it will give us a greater chance of losing.

If we want Irving were gonna need the first overall pick.

Old
03-09-2011, 08:20 PM
Hanta Yo
Bag it up

Wow, heart breaking loss. Raps are something else when it comes to blowing leads. Oh well, closer to a top pick I guess.

Old
03-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Dr.Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanta Yo View Post
Wow, heart breaking loss. Raps are something else when it comes to blowing leads. Oh well, closer to a top pick I guess.

The Raps have always been terrible at holding leads. In all my years of watching basketball I've never seen a franchise that blows big leads like this one, been that way for many, many years.

Old
03-10-2011, 09:25 PM
CBA

Don't know if anyone was interested by Toronto Groupon was featuring the Raptors today and the deal will likely be on for a couple days;

http://www.groupon.com/greater-toronto-area/

Old
03-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Sweet, bought my tickets for March 30th against Milwaukee in the lower bowl.

Old
03-13-2011, 12:56 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

I forgot how much I loved Reggie Evans. Also ****, DeMar looked pretty hurt there for a couple minutes.

Old
03-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I love the new Mr. Sub JYD commercials.

I was watching old Wrestlemania videos, and came across Hogan-Rock from Wrestlemania X8. In the video, Hogan starts to "Hulk up" and you see JYD sitting right behind the announcers going nuts. He's awesome lol.

Old
03-13-2011, 01:16 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
I love the new Mr. Sub JYD commercials.

I was watching old Wrestlemania videos, and came across Hogan-Rock from Wrestlemania X8. In the video, Hogan starts to "Hulk up" and you see JYD sitting right behind the announcers going nuts. He's awesome lol.

Agreed. Great commercial. and I love that JYD is a community ambassador or whatever his title is with the Raps. It's impossible not to love the guy.

Old
03-13-2011, 01:32 PM
The Magic Man
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
Agreed. Great commercial. and I love that JYD is a community ambassador or whatever his title is with the Raps. It's impossible not to love the guy.
I like the fact that the team is taking care of fan favourites. It looks good the the prospective FA's out there that take a serious look at us.

Old
03-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Boom King

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
The guy truly loves this city. I remember seeing him walk through Union Station as if he was some normal everyday Joe. Someone saw him and said, "Hey! JYD, where are you going?". JYD, "I'm going to work!". That guy truly had a lunch bucket mentality to the game whenever he was on the court.

Old
03-13-2011, 01:38 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Cayce View Post
I like the fact that the team is taking care of fan favourites. It looks good the the prospective FA's out there that take a serious look at us.
If Reggie sticks around beyond this season I'd like to eventually see him retained by the org in the same way. Maybe it's because most Raptors fans are also going to be hockey fans, but we love the all-effort blue collar guys more than most fanbases.

Old
03-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Transplanted Caper

I'd love to see the same with Reggie, but with Amir and Davis, it's tough too see where he fits.

Old
03-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

I think the Raptors could have been a 45-50 team win last year with Reggie playing regularly. He's Colangelo's best move, yet, he's also the one we'll never see any benefit from.

Old
03-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

Quote:
I think the Raptors could have been a 45-50 team win last year with Reggie playing regularly. He's Colangelo's best move, yet, he's also the one we'll never see any benefit from.
Not a chance. Reggie is just a bench player who can pretty much only rebound. I'd say Ed Davis filled his role nicely and if Reggie was healthy all year, then Davis wouldn't be given too many minutes.

This team just sucks even if everyone stayed healthy. It's just a terrible roster that can't play any defense and the scorers (Bargnani and Demar) are one-dimensional.

Reggie is so overrated. I like the fact he gives his all and everything but all he can do is rebound. He is terrible at shooting and even his lay-ups end up being blocked. He's not a good defender either.

Old
03-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Boom King

Quote:
50 wins would've been a stretch. The Celts won the division last year with 50 wins. If anything, we played our best ball when Reggie was out during the months of December and January last season. Our team just fell apart post All-Star break when the games mattered most.

Old
03-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

Harrison Barnes stock is really starting to climb. I think he's put himself back into the top 5 spot with a 40 point game over the weekend. Perry Jones stock is really starting to fall. If Barnes continues to impress, he's a guy I wouldn't mind the Raptors picking if we can't get Irving.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:24 PM
The Man in White

vCash: 250
Anyone finish their bracket yet? I got Ohio State over Kansas.

Old
03-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Dr.Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Agents View Post
Anyone finish their bracket yet? I got Ohio State over Kansas.

I have Ohio State over Purdue.

Closed Thread