HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

v14: Where the losses are losses and the wins are screwed away from us by the lottery

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2011, 07:54 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
I dislike the Pistons' PA announcer. Sounds like he belongs in an And1 streetball game and not a professional NBA game.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 45 GP, 17-21-7 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
03-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Crispy Crust

Hopefully the Raptors find a way to lose.

Old
03-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Man it's been great to watch DD develop this year... its so much better than I expected and his jump shot is miles better than it was last year.

Old
03-18-2011, 08:35 PM
91Kadri91

Great night too watch some basketball.

Switching between the UNC and Raptors game.

I'm really liking the look of Barnes, if we miss out on Irving, Barnes is my second choice.

Old
03-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
Great night too watch some basketball.

Switching between the UNC and Raptors game.

I'm really liking the look of Barnes, if we miss out on Irving, Barnes is my second choice.
I am actually starting to think Barnes as my first choice recently. He's really turned it around and has a solid all-around game and picking Irving could be a risk since he's been injured most of the year so his development may have taken a dent.

Old
03-18-2011, 08:40 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
I am actually starting to think Barnes as my first choice recently. He's really turned it around and has a solid all-around game.
I agree.

Kid's got amazing shooting mechanics, and, like you said, has a very good all around game.

I can definetly see where Barnes would be someones first choice, I just think that Irving is too good too pass up. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll have the oppurtunity too pick him.

Edit: I can agree with your last point. To be honest, I'm basing it on what has been said in the media (that being, that his toe injury is no big deal.) But I do see where you're coming from, and respect your opinion.

Old
03-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Crispy Crust

If we dont get Kyrie Irving then yeah Barnes is starting to look like #2. What do you guys think of D-Will (Derrick Williams that is). Where do you see him playing at the NBA level? Michael Beasley similarities anywhere?

Old
03-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Quote:
I agree.

Kid's got amazing shooting mechanics, and, like you said, has a very good all around game.

I can definetly see where Barnes would be someones first choice, I just think that Irving is too good too pass up. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll have the oppurtunity too pick him.

Edit: I can agree with your last point. To be honest, I'm basing it on what has been said in the media (that being, that his toe injury is no big deal.) But I do see where you're coming from, and respect your opinion.
I wouldn't either obviously as I think both will be pretty good players but if Raptors scout feel Irving development won't be hurt because of that injury then sure go with him. I don't think either is really a wrong choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuca Laputi View Post
If we dont get Kyrie Irving then yeah Barnes is starting to look like #2. What do you guys think of D-Will (Derrick Williams that is). Where do you see him playing at the NBA level? Michael Beasley similarities anywhere?
Underrated player in the draft IMO and he's really risen. He seems more like a small forward than a power forward. He's not all that tall but built well and has a good shot from what I know. He can pretty much do everything and he's #3 on my list. Beasley is not a bad comparison, could be a better shooter and perhaps better all-around player without the attitude issues (although it seems Beasley has matured a lot).

1. Irving/Barnes
2. Barnes/Irving
3. Williams
4. Jones (I am very low on him right now... but seriously this draft sucks so he's just here)
5. Walker (he is a rising player and a point guard... could be a good project to have).

Old
03-18-2011, 10:24 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
I wouldn't either obviously as I think both will be pretty good players but if Raptors scout feel Irving development won't be hurt because of that injury then sure go with him. I don't think either is really a wrong choice.

Underrated player in the draft IMO and he's really risen. He seems more like a small forward than a power forward. He's not all that tall but built well and has a good shot from what I know. He can pretty much do everything and he's #3 on my list. Beasley is not a bad comparison, could be a better shooter and perhaps better all-around player without the attitude issues (although it seems Beasley has matured a lot).

1. Irving/Barnes
2. Barnes/Irving
3. Williams
4. Jones (I am very low on him right now... but seriously this draft sucks so he's just here)
5. Walker (he is a rising player and a point guard... could be a good project to have).
I agree with that list.

I just really hope we can get one of the top 3, as I definetly see a dropoff from 3 too 4.

Hopefully the lottery is good too us.

Old
03-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Barnes with a 24 point and 16 rebound game in North Carolina win.

Old
03-18-2011, 10:57 PM
91Kadri91

Anyone ever heard of Khem Birch.

He's Canadian, and is ranked 4th best prospect for the 2011 class by Rivals, and 11th by ESPN.

Supposed to be an athletic freak, with unbelievable defensive ability. His offensive game is pretty raw so they say.

Besides Andrew Wiggins, this kid could be our best prospect. I can't believe I hadn't heard of him until now.

Edit: Great game by Harrison Barnes.

Old
03-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
Good Lord.

Old
03-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Dr.Funk

Can't go wrong with Barnes or Irving but man it would sure be nice to finally have a franchise PG.

Old
03-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Bileur

Quote:
Damn... Like seeing that, just don't want him to play his way out of our reach.

Old
03-19-2011, 12:14 AM
Punjabi

I really hope Texas wins the tourni. I used to be close friends with Tristan Thompson as a kid. His mom still lives down my street and our whole neighborhood in Brampton are praying for Texas to win. He's expected to be a late 1st round pick.

Old
03-19-2011, 12:32 AM
hotpaws

vCash: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bileur View Post
Damn... Like seeing that, just don't want him to play his way out of our reach.
This .

He's exactly the type of player we need at the sf position . He has good range and plays solid D which is somthing we're lacking right now .

Old
03-19-2011, 12:40 AM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

Quote:
Besides Andrew Wiggins, this kid could be our best prospect. I can't believe I hadn't heard of him until now.
Damn right! Vaughn are the OFSAA champs and Wiggins was impressive.

NOTE: Kevin Pangos (top PG in the country) will join Gonzaga Bulldogs and Kevin Thomas will join Myck Kabongoat at Texas. The future looks good!

Old
03-19-2011, 12:44 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe Sallo View Post
Damn right! Vaughn are the OFSAA champs and Wiggins was impressive.

NOTE: Kevin Pangos (top PG in the country) will join Gonzaga Bulldogs and Kevin Thomas will join Myck Kabongoat at Texas. The future looks good!
The future is looking really good.

Not that it's a big deal, but I would consider Kabongo Canada's top PG prospect. Although, you may have ment that Pangos is the top Canadian PG prospect currently playing in Canada.

Either way, the future is bright for Canadian basketball.

Old
03-19-2011, 12:48 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punjabi View Post
I really hope Texas wins the tourni. I used to be close friends with Tristan Thompson as a kid. His mom still lives down my street and our whole neighborhood in Brampton are praying for Texas to win. He's expected to be a late 1st round pick.
I think Thompson should stay another year in College just too refine his game.

He's ridiculously long (wingspan) and is very athletic, but he's still pretty raw.

I think he could be a lottery pick next year if he decides too stay in College, but even if he does go in the draft this year, I'm almost certain he'll be a first-rounder.

Old
03-19-2011, 01:14 PM
The Man in White

vCash: 250
Quote:
I think Thompson should stay another year in College just too refine his game.

He's ridiculously long (wingspan) and is very athletic, but he's still pretty raw.

I think he could be a lottery pick next year if he decides too stay in College, but even if he does go in the draft this year, I'm almost certain he'll be a first-rounder.
Agreed. And I think he will stay. That triangle of Kabongo - Joseph - Thompson should be great next year.

Old
03-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Jonathan Toews

anyone want the jimmer ?

Old
03-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Toews View Post
anyone want the jimmer ?
Didn't want Adam Morrison, definitely do not want Jimmer.

Old
03-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Dr.Funk

Sounds like it is almost confirmed that Triston is returning to Texas next season.

And a Hell No to Jimmer!

Old
03-19-2011, 05:49 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Agents View Post
Agreed. And I think he will stay. That triangle of Kabongo - Joseph - Thompson should be great next year.
Yeah, should be fun too watch for sure.

As for Jimmer. Absolutely not. Especially with a high pick. If we were able too get a mid-first rounder, then I may consider it, although I'd prefer someone like Leonard with that pick if he's not gone by that point.

Old
03-19-2011, 10:28 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Lol, until there was just a Raps commercial on TSN, I had entirely forgotten that Linas Kleiza was on the team....

also a big "no" to Jimmer Fredette. As if being an undersized shooting guard who just screams all the same problems as recent unathletic pure shooters wasn't bad enough, "Jimmer" is just a stupid, doofy sounding name.

Closed Thread