HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The Bam Bam Edition: NSH vs DAL 2/26/2011

Old
02-26-2011, 03:50 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
Who would have thought 2 goals wouldn't be enough to win?! It felt like so many goals to me, lol.

Oh well. We played a better game. I'm more optimistic. A couple of our guys who often don't bury chances missed some chances to bury chances. But still, not a bad game.

Feel sorry for Columbus, they're going down!

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Jarnberg

Our two goals were kind of flukey. The team was still shut down offensively. This team is not good enough offensively. Poile should have used the 1st on someone who was more offensive.

Joel Ward out when you really need a goal... OUCH.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Wanttoknow0798

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
His lazy play after missing a sh scoring attempt is what lead to the game winning goal.
Could you explain a bit more. Again, I missed the game today. Did he shoot and it bounced off the post? Did he miss the net and the other team took away with it? What?

Wanttoknow0798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:56 PM
RollingPredFan

LOL Legwand and Ward break in Shorthanded 2 on 1, Legwand saucers a pass to Ward who whiffs then the Stars got an odd man rush and they end up scoring the GWG.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:57 PM
shootthepuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanttoknow0798 View Post
Could you explain a bit more. Again, I missed the game today. Did he shoot and it bounced off the post? Did he miss the net and the other team took away with it? What?
It was a 2 on 1 Legwand fed Ward the puck and Ward swung and miss.. then going back the other way Ward was slow coming back and Dallas scored to go up 3-2.

shootthepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 03:59 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly79 View Post
It's Ward's fault for a bouncing puck? Bwhaha. Oh, fans.
You don't expect athletes to make plays unless everything is perfect? The star players corral bouncing pucks better than players who aren't stars.

I'd have maybe been a pro. Judging by my shots against our garage wall. Except on the ice that darn puck was always moving around! Hard to get the stick on it. I gave up. Decided it was a dumb game if you had to actually be skilled to play well.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Wanttoknow0798

K. Thanks thank for the update. Bad game I guess. But they all have it. Shouldn't be any reason for him to get traded or not resigned next year. Right?

Wanttoknow0798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Osprey

Quote:
That little girl turned away from the hit.
If so, Weber should've let up on the hit. The victim turning away from the hit is not free license for the hitter to follow through with impunity. It was a clear boarding. If the victim were a Predator, you wouldn't be putting the blame on his shoulders; you'd be calling for a penalty.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milly79 View Post
It's Ward's fault for a bouncing puck? Bwhaha. Oh, fans.
Its not just that one play, but was the icing on the cake, he was a fish stick all game just sliding around, falling, whiffing, he isnt gritty anymore he doesn't skate hard (yes i no he is slow but move your feet) he just isnt the Ward that earned a spot on this team anymore. simple.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Season = Over.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:06 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
If so, Weber should've let up on the hit. The victim turning away from the hit is not free license for the hitter to follow through with impunity. It was a clear boarding. If the victim were a Predator, you wouldn't be putting the blame on his shoulders; you'd be calling for a penalty.
jesus, he got a 2 minute boarding penalty. Do yo want them to call his mother?

Old
02-26-2011, 04:07 PM
predlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanttoknow0798 View Post
K. Thanks thank for the update. Bad game I guess. But they all have it. Shouldn't be any reason for him to get traded or not resigned next year. Right?
Neither Legwand nor Ward have lived up to their billing this season. IMO, Ward has coasted most of this season.

predlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:08 PM
IngloriusBuzzards

Quote:
2 minutes to go we put the 4th line in?
Is there a difference between our 4th and 1st line???

IngloriusBuzzards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Best Tennessee Golf Courses

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:10 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngloriusBuzzards View Post
Is there a difference between our 4th and 1st line???
Yea our first line players make less

Old
IngloriusBuzzards

This team couldn't catch crabs from a $2.00 Hooker.... Just brutal luck. We lack offense in such a bad way. I would love to just blow up a season and play for a high draft pick. i say we sell as quick as possible - until the Sully, Erat, Dumont and Legwand era is over, this is what we get.

Old
OpenWheel

I think Ward has been a lot better since early January than he was before that. He was terrible in December, if I remember the time frame right. Then he turned it around a bit. But he still should not play on a scoring line. Of course we don't have much choice, he's who we have.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
Season = Over.
Sports fans are hilarious. Yeah, our season is over, just like the season ended for Dallas after their horrible stretch, or LA, or Columbus, or Chicago, or San Jose, or Calgary, or Anaheim. Every team in the conference other than VAN and DET have had a similar stretch. Is this a bad time to drop a few in a row? Sure. Is it impossible to come back from? Not at all.

All of this "The sky is falling" crap gets older each year I hear it.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:14 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Sports fans are hilarious. Yeah, our season is over, just like the season ended for Dallas after their horrible stretch, or LA, or Columbus, or Chicago, or San Jose, or Calgary, or Anaheim. Every team in the conference other than VAN and DET have had a similar stretch. Is this a bad time to drop a few in a row? Sure. Is it impossible to come back from? Not at all.

All of this "The sky is falling" crap gets older each year I hear it.
Predators fans couldnt be more pessimistic

Old
02-26-2011, 04:18 PM
IngloriusBuzzards

Do you realize we are the ONLY team in the league without a single 20 goal scorer? :-) How we are even talking about "Playoffs" is astonishing.... Dumont, Erat, Sully - almost 15 million in payroll, combined = 29 goals!

Taylor Hall, first year rookie - 21 goals on a very bad team

you can't develop these players, you can't afford these players, you can't trade for these players.... We are the only team in the league to have NEVER had a #1 pick. Until we blow up this team and get in a position to draft these type of players we will ALWAYS be a one and done team..... My opinion. take it or leave it.

Rick Nash has JUST as many goals as your top 3 (supposedly) offensive weapons...

Last edited by IngloriusBuzzards: 02-26-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old
02-26-2011, 04:34 PM
roseyc

Everybody is blaming Ward because the puck hopped over his stick. He was out of the play and couldn't have come back. It's not his fault. Every little mistake that amounts to a goal is only magnified because we can't score. When we do it's by hustle or accident. If it's Ward's the fault then Trotz is the fault because Ward has been on a checking line all season. It was just a bad luck game. When a guy that has 3 goals all year scores. When the puck bounces on bad ice over the legs of Rinne. The puck bounces over Ward's stick. It's only magnified. It's just one of those games. But one thing is evident that Fisher hasn't worked out he may in the long run but we need someone to put the puck in the net You can blame Weber for the penalty I can't. We aren't getting call at all. We not only have to overcome no scoring but we have a coach that is content with the bad calls and teamates not sticking up each other.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:45 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Ward should have back checked after missing the pass, Legwand did. Ward didn't, and everyone beat him back to the zone, he didn't even try to get back.

But, you're not going to win many games when you can't score, and we can't score.

As far as Weber letting up there, impossible. You can't ask for someone to stop at that point.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:45 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngloriusBuzzards View Post
Do you realize we are the ONLY team in the league without a single 20 goal scorer? :-) How we are even talking about "Playoffs" is astonishing.... Dumont, Erat, Sully - almost 15 million in payroll, combined = 29 goals!

Taylor Hall, first year rookie - 21 goals on a very bad team

you can't develop these players, you can't afford these players, you can't trade for these players.... We are the only team in the league to have NEVER had a #1 pick. Until we blow up this team and get in a position to draft these type of players we will ALWAYS be a one and done team..... My opinion. take it or leave it.

Rick Nash has JUST as many goals as your top 3 (supposedly) offensive weapons...
It doesn't matter if we get a top pick or Ovechkin we can't develop those kind of players. Trotz doesn't know how to coach offensive players. He has to play the tight checking and great goaltending games to stay even.That's all he knows. Dumont does not get enough minutes to be counted on. Why did you leave Legwand out of the mix?

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:47 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
No I'm not calling for a penalty, I'm calling our player a ***** for turning away from a hit like a llttle damn girl.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 04:50 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
It doesn't matter if we get a top pick or Ovechkin we can't develop those kind of players. Trotz doesn't know how to coach offensive players. He has to play the tight checking and great goaltending games to stay even.That's all he knows. Dumont does not get enough minutes to be counted on. Why did you leave Legwand out of the mix?
2006-2007