HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Hemsky will not be moved to the Kings unless Schenn is coming the other way

Old
02-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSimpson18 View Post
And? It just highlights the fact that Lombardi hasn't made up his mind yet and that Schenn is, in fact, on the table if the return is right.
Taylor Hall is on the table when you take it to that notch. Doesn't mean he is going to get traded for Patrick Sharp just because he is a really good player and has proven more. It has to be perfect to the teams needs and to the Kings, the objective is not to splurge on a playoff run, Lombardi is looking at the Kings 2-3 seasons from now. There is no pressure for him to do anything and no sellers are running around looking to heavily overspend on prospects right now. They are going to develop Schenn and see what kind of player he can become in the NHL unless someone dangles a star to package him for.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:47 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
LA's not capped out. Where'd you come up with that?
Just from http://nhlnumbers.com/teams/LAK?year=2011

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilersMark View Post
I don't think eberle is untouchable. I would trade him today for Anze Kopitar, easily.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/reductio+ad+absurdum

Be reasonable.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McXLNC97

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilersMark View Post
I disagree. Brayden Schenn has earned the exact same cult following as Eberle. They both have similar points in the WHL and both had fantastic world juniors. It's why he's being discussed with such respect.
There is no freaking way Schenn has the same following. Eberle had the huge goal against Russia + the shootout winner. Then the next year he pots 2 goals in the final few minutes against the United States to send the game to ot. Schenn had big #'s, but there were no clutch goals.

McXLNC97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:49 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Taylor Hall is on the table when you take it to that notch. Doesn't mean he is going to get traded for Patrick Sharp just because he is a really good player and has proven more. It has to be perfect to the teams needs and to the Kings, the objective is not to splurge on a playoff run, Lombardi is looking at the Kings 2-3 seasons from now. There is no pressure for him to do anything and no sellers are running around looking to heavily overspend on prospects right now. They are going to develop Schenn and see what kind of player he can become in the NHL unless someone dangles a star to package him for.
I don't think you realize that I'm not arguing against you.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
5 points separate 10th from 4th in the West right now. Just the fact that LA is willing to listen to offers for Schenn lowers his negotiating leverage. Lombardi is looking like the desperate one and Edmonton seems to be the only one listening. If Lombardi decides to take a huge gamble and not make any moves, he better hope he is on the inside looking out come April 10th. I don't think management would be too happy if he wasn't - especially capped out like they are.

Keep looking to next season though. Us Edmonton fans can relate to it becoming a habitual thing.
He has the support of management, he was just re-signed, and he would be a fool and should be fired if he didn't listen to any offers regarding anyone. You have to in today's NHL, you never know what may come a long.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:52 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
But all reports pretty much are saying that Lombardi has stopped on the Hemsky front after Tambo put out 'SCHENN OR ELSE' ultimatum and is going heavy after Brad Richards.
And I'm glad Tambo did. If Lombardi wants to play he's gonna have to talk Schenn. And he better start playing soon

Old
02-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Capgeek says about 5.13 million with Ponikarovsky, a McCauley buyout, and Handzus coming off the books for good.

It would appear we'd want to sign Williams, Martinez, Doughty, and Simmonds to extensions or raises. Our increase on cap hit within that 5.13 number should not be all that much unless we made a nice acquisition.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:53 PM
McXLNC97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
But all reports pretty much are saying that Lombardi has stopped on the Hemsky front after Tambo put out 'SCHENN OR ELSE' ultimatum and is going heavy after Brad Richards.
If LA is going after Richards, they are going to need to clear more cap space. They only have 4.76mil in cap space at the moment, and Richards is a 7.8m cap hit. So 3.1m more will need to come off the books. Technically it would be easier to fit Hemsky with his 4.1m salary because no one else would need to come off the books.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnc66 View Post
If LA is going after Richards, they are going to need to clear more cap space. They only have 4.76mil in cap space at the moment, and Richards is a 7.8m cap hit. So 3.1m more will need to come off the books. Technically it would be easier to fit Hemsky with his 4.1m salary because no one else would need to come off the books.
Prorated. We have enough cap space right now to add lots of rental types. Capgeek says 22,728,226 worth of salaries could be added to our team so I'll roll with that.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:54 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
He has the support of management, he was just re-signed, and he would be a fool and should be fired if he didn't listen to any offers regarding anyone. You have to in today's NHL, you never know what may come a long.
My point is, I don't think Edmonton offered anything. I think Lombardi's the one burnin' up the phone lines.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:56 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
I don't think you realize that I'm not arguing against you.
I realize it, but you keep promoting this chance that Schenn could be dealt, which I agree with, but overall, logically, the chances are as just about zero as you can get. That would be like saying Eberle could be dealt by the dealine. Sure he could, but the chances are so low, it isn't really considerable. The odds are so heavily stacked it is hard to imagine the reasoning behind the absolute non-stop, intense discussions and arguing over him being traded in the first place. Every media outlet out there has said that he isn't being dealt, or at least not unless it is in some package for Parise or something of the like. That pretty much means 1% or less chance in most minds.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:56 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
So much wrong in one post

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:58 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
And $4M is earmarked for Bonuses.

It seems Lombardi is going hard after Hemsky and trying to gain as much Leverage as he can. I'm sure Tambo has a stiffy for Schenn so this deal may still go down.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:58 PM
McXLNC97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
So much wrong in one post
Why so? Nhlnumbers has them as having that much cap space with the Sturm cap hit figured in.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:59 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
And I'm glad Tambo did. If Lombardi wants to play he's gonna have to talk Schenn. And he better start playing soon
Uh, no he doesn't. The team is playing very well over the last month and is built for the future, not for this playoff season.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:59 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
My point is, I don't think Edmonton offered anything. I think Lombardi's the one burnin' up the phone lines.
Lombardi inquired about Hemsky, he didn't offer Schenn.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:01 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Why so? Nhlnumbers has them as having that much cap space with the Sturm cap hit figured in.
Because all cap hits are pro-rated and there are only 20 games left in the season.

Understand?

Old
02-27-2011, 12:02 AM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Any amount of cap hit the Kings take-on would be prorated. Capgeek has the Kings able to take on 22 million worth of cap hit for the rest of the season. They could take on three Richards

Old
02-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Hey La fans we know you do not want to move Schenn its ok We are happy to Keep Hemsky . They way I look at we get a 70 point winger who is very entertaining and it costs us absoultely sweet tweet .

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Matador

Kings can add both Hemsky and Richards if they had assets and willingness to acquire both.

Salary is pro rated for the remainder of the season.
Quote:
How is a player's salary charged against a team's salary cap when a trade is made at the deadline?

The salary that is charged against a team's cap is the pro rated amount remaining of the player's average yearly salary. For example, if a player has an average yearly salary of $2 million, the amount charged against the acquiring team's cap is the pro-rated amount remaining of $2 million.

This is calculated by dividing $2 million by the number of days in the season (186). The amount ($10,753) is then multiplied by the number of days remaining in the season from the day the trade is made (42 days if trade is on Feb. 28) to ascertain the amount charged against the team's cap ($451,613).

Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OilersMark

Quote:
What I don't understand is why the Oiler's would trade their Kopitar(Hemsky) for the King's Eberle(Schenn). It would have to be more than a straight swap.

OilersMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:04 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Because all cap hits are pro-rated and there are only 20 games left in the season.

Understand?
So you're basing your cap space on 60 games' worth of salaries?

Old
02-27-2011, 12:05 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
Hey La fans we know you do not want to move Schenn its ok We are happy to Keep Hemsky . They way I look at we get a 70 point winger who is very entertaining and it costs us absoultely sweet tweet .
Sounds good. I expect the Oilers to be much improved next season. Maybe 10th or 11th in the Western Conference.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:05 AM
CSimpson18

Quote:
I realize it, but you keep promoting this chance that Schenn could be dealt, which I agree with, but overally, logically, the chances are as just about zero as you can get. That would be like saying Eberle could be dealt by the dealine. Sure he could, but the chances are so low, it isn't really considerable. The odds are so heavily stacked it is hard to imagine the reasoning behind the absolute non-stop, intense discussions and arguing over him being traded in the first place. Every media outlet out there has said that he isn't being dealt, or at least not unless it is in some package for Parise. That pretty much means 1% or less chance in most minds.
Kings homers say 0-1%, Oilers homers say 50%, I say 10%, regardless there is a discussion there and that's all I was trying to prove. Hemsky+ is not off the table either, Oilers have assets to burn.

Dangle Hemsky + Martindale, Toffoli's centerman on the highest producing line in the CHL who could replace some of the potential that Schenn provides. Who knows what value Lombardi and his scouts would place on that. It would certainly make it more palatable for the fanbase. Look at how horny Toronto fans got over Jake Gardiner or Joe freaking Colborne.

Point is, we aren't in the room when these guys are talking and both sides have been pretty leak-proof this year. Kings fans suggesting theres absolutely no way dont know what they're talking about any more than Oilers fans saying Hemsky for Schenn+.