- Not changing the blue print of getting younger.
- Spoken with Mac's agent, agreed not to talk about it (publicly i take it). His first year of this production, he could be a one hit wonder, and if a deal can't be reached, he may be moved.
- TD is NOT the deadline for him. If Burke doesn't get a good trade offer, he will keep Mac.
- Concussion doesn't scare people away from Richards.
- Will only add if it makes sense at TD
- He suspects that we are not done yet in regards to adding from the Marlies
It was hard to write and listen at the same time, but that was the gist of it all.
Exactly he could very well be an asset in moving up in the draft as well if they don't agree to terms.
Not only that but consider that the following does not happen:
1. He's not moved at the Deadline
2. He's not traded at the Draft
3. He doesn't resign with the Leafs thus resulting in compensation draft picks
The Leafs win either way no matter what happens with Mac. The only way the Leafs lose really is if they sign him to a ridiculous contract and he doesn't produce. I say keep him unless Burke receives an offer he can't refuse like a first and an NHL ready top forward prospect which I think is fair value for Mac but with that being said he should be locked up for 2 years at no more than 3 mil.
#Leafs Komisarek and Reimer for #Avs Stastny, Liles, and prospect??? Really? Come on now... I'll look into it more folks. Bed for now #NHL
Take it for what you will, but if this is on the table I say Burke needs to do it. We get our number one center and our puck moving defenseman. It hurts to lose Reimer, but with the Avs willing take on Komi's contract, and our depth in goaltending, this trade is a no brainer. Hopefully Giggy or Gus will step it up and help anchor our boys to the playoffs, if not, then this deal will be worth it in the long run anyways.
This makes MacArthur extremely expendable, and Burke knows this...might be the reason why we haven't seen a Liles deal or a MacArthur extension yet, as we all know Burke likes to do things in sequence. In my opinion, if things happen how Burke wants them too, we'll see this deal pulled off, followed shortly by a MacArthur trade. IMO Philly knows that if it is going to win a cup, it's going to be this year...I don't know how accurate this is, but why not do a MacArthur for Van Riemsdyk deal...
In the off-season, Burke should take a serious run at Ilya Bryzgalov or Thomas Voukon to shore up our goaltending situation.
Here is the team next year:
Kadri_Stastny_Kessel (****ING UNREAL)
Looks like a contender, but then again I'm completely stoned right now so this might not make sense