HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Trade Proposal/Rumours/FA Talk - TRADE DEADLINE WEEKEND

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Superstar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorewhining View Post
In order to decide if you think Av's management would do this deal, you'd have to know their motivation for doing it, and at this point, we have no idea why they would do it. One line of thinking is they want to use Statsny to rebuild their defence, as they have center depth, so Kadri or Kulemin don't fit into that scenario.
Duchene and Stastny down the middle for the next 7 to 10 years is not too shabby. I don't see any real motivation to move Stastny. If they want a good young D prospect, they could move their 1st pick or try to draft one. With them just acquiring Eric Johnson, their biggest need at the moment is a goaltender, not on D.

Old
02-27-2011, 01:08 PM
samwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMat View Post
We need vet d maby we can get phillps to waive to come to toronto.
No thanks. We need some offense on defense.. That sounds weird lol

Old
02-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

What would it take to get Cam Barker to Toronto? He's a big guy (6'3 215 lbs), he's a good puckmover, he plays the left side and he's still young (24 years old). He's a perfect fit

Old
02-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
What would it take to get Cam Barker to Toronto? He's a big guy (6'3 215 lbs), he's a good puckmover, he plays the left side and he's still young (24 years old). He's a perfect fit
Is Barker better than Lebda at this stage?

Old
02-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Vladimir Tarasenko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
PHI 3rd

Old
02-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
Yes he definitely is.

Old
02-27-2011, 01:16 PM
shully
Night's Watch

Quote:
I would much rather have Barker. There's a reason he used to be a highly touted prospect, and hes considerably younger

Old
02-27-2011, 01:24 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Duchene and Stastny down the middle for the next 7 to 10 years is not too shabby. I don't see any real motivation to move Stastny. If they want a good young D prospect, they could move their 1st pick or try to draft one. With them just acquiring Eric Johnson, their biggest need at the moment is a goaltender, not on D.
I don't disagree. I see no reason for them to make this deal. But if he is being shopped, it sure would be nice to know what they'd want back, or what their motivation is. As I've heard (this was only fan speculation)they have some center depth, (I don't know the names) and are unhappy with how their rebuild has gone, based on where they are in the standings and have decided to build "from the net out", and are willing to use Statsny to do that, as they feel they can replace him from within.

I don't know the Av's at all, so I'm willing to say I have no idea, but this was one of many theories.

Old
02-27-2011, 01:25 PM
TeamBester
Debunked

Eklund: Big deal of the day tomorrow, Richards to LA NYR or the Leafs

Old
02-27-2011, 01:28 PM
shully
Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBester View Post
lol eklund

Old
02-27-2011, 01:32 PM
zapy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBester View Post
I don't see him in New York; aren't they already at the cap?

I don't see him in Toronto; because Burke's main goal is to get younger.

What could LA give to get B.Richards if he is resigned? Richards is one player I can see LA trading B.Schenn for. Perfect fit too; they need more offence. And they have enough young guys. They might be able to keepy B.Schenn if they get B.Richards unsigned.

Old
02-27-2011, 01:41 PM
TeamBester
Debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapy View Post

What could LA give to get B.Richards if he is resigned? Richards is one player I can see LA trading B.Schenn for. Perfect fit too; they need more offence. And they have enough young guys. They might be able to keepy B.Schenn if they get B.Richards unsigned.
Not that I see Richards being traded to the Leafs, but Burke'e goal is to stick to the blueprint. I would think adding a top line center without mortgaging the future would be in the plans. IMO tossing the newly aquired 1st's and some prospects not named Kadri at Dallas is not mortgaging the future.

Old
02-27-2011, 01:43 PM
FrozenJagrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapy View Post

I don't *think* the Rags are at the cap, could be mistaken though. One would figure getting Redden and Roszival off the books would free up some room.

LA... Eh, can't see it. I feel like Lombardi won't be looking at Richards unless it's a steal of a deal that he can't pass up, not with Kopitar already centering the first line. Maybe though.

Toronto? Eklund threw that in there to get hits, nothing more.

Old
02-27-2011, 01:46 PM
shully
Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace14 View Post
I don't *think* the Rags are at the cap, could be mistaken though. One would figure getting Redden and Roszival off the books would free up some room.

LA... Eh, can't see it. I feel like Lombardi won't be looking at Richards unless it's a steal of a deal that he can't pass up, not with Kopitar already centering the first line. Maybe though.

First of all, Redden is in the minors so doesn't count against cap. And in case you missed it, Roszival has been a Coyote since January. Agree on Toronto, though

EDIT: my bad, misunderstood about NYR

Last edited by shully: 02-27-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old
02-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Volcanologist
Used Register

Quote:
Originally Posted by shull123 View Post
As an Avs and Leafs fan, I don't really like the direction the Avs have been going. They are gutting their team, with the trades of Stewart and Shattenkirk as well as Anderson. Trading Stastny would only make things worse.
Trading a 25 year old PPG centre is probably not high on the Avs to do list. Having said that I didn't like the Stewart/Shattenkirk deal either.

Old
02-27-2011, 02:07 PM
samwitch

Quote:
First of all, Redden is in the minors so doesn't count against cap. And in case you missed it, Roszival has been a Coyote since January. Agree on Toronto, though
Exactly...? That's exactly what he said?

Old
02-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Andrew Mack

It is worth the risk to wait until July 1st for Brad Richards. There is no guarantee he will sign anyways and he has a concussion.

No reason to jump the gun and give up picks or a Kadri, Colborne or Gardiner. Hold onto those assets; if Richards doesn't make it to July 1st you still have them in the hopper to make a move for a number one center if you miss out. Patience.

Old
02-27-2011, 02:09 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Rags have about $1 million in cap space after bringing in McCabe, which allows them a cap hit of $4.86 they can add.

Rags also added Wolski's $3.8 million hit this year.

Old
02-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Dr.Funk

Quote:

You and him are making the exact same point.

Old
02-27-2011, 02:16 PM
FrozenJagrt

Quote:
Lmao gud job bro

Old
02-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:

bang on

Old
02-27-2011, 02:37 PM
nuck
Flatfoot

Quote:
I would much rather have Barker. There's a reason he used to be a highly touted prospect, and hes considerably younger
He is not a very good defenseman. If not for his high draft position people would not be considering him. Junior stud who didn't continue to improve much as a pro. There is no way the Hawks would have let him go if he had any upside and they know him better than anyone.

Old
02-27-2011, 02:50 PM
shully
Night's Watch

Quote:
Lmao gud job bro

lol true i thought he was saying they needed to get those contracts off the books, my bad. thats embarrassing

Old
02-27-2011, 02:51 PM
shully
Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuck View Post
He is not a very good defenseman. If not for his high draft position people would not be considering him. Junior stud who didn't continue to improve much as a pro. There is no way the Hawks would have let him go if he had any upside and they know him better than anyone.
thats true, but that said, lebda is nothing special either. the only thing is barker's contract, which is the real reason the hawks dumped him

Old
02-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
Trading a 25 year old PPG centre is probably not high on the Avs to do list. Having said that I didn't like the Stewart/Shattenkirk deal either.
It's a head scratcher for sure. Stewart is the perfect winger for either Duchene or Stastny and they moved it -- I don't know where they could find a replacement for Stewart. Shattenkirk is a good young player, not Eric Johnson good, but good.

Closed Thread