HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Trade Proposal/Rumours/FA Talk - TRADE DEADLINE WEEKEND

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2011, 01:07 PM
  #76
Superstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorewhining View Post
In order to decide if you think Av's management would do this deal, you'd have to know their motivation for doing it, and at this point, we have no idea why they would do it. One line of thinking is they want to use Statsny to rebuild their defence, as they have center depth, so Kadri or Kulemin don't fit into that scenario.
Duchene and Stastny down the middle for the next 7 to 10 years is not too shabby. I don't see any real motivation to move Stastny. If they want a good young D prospect, they could move their 1st pick or try to draft one. With them just acquiring Eric Johnson, their biggest need at the moment is a goaltender, not on D.

Superstar is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 01:08 PM
  #77
samwitch
Registered User
 
samwitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMat View Post
We need vet d maby we can get phillps to waive to come to toronto.
No thanks. We need some offense on defense.. That sounds weird lol

samwitch is online now  
Old
02-27-2011, 01:09 PM
  #78
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,244
vCash: 500
What would it take to get Cam Barker to Toronto? He's a big guy (6'3 215 lbs), he's a good puckmover, he plays the left side and he's still young (24 years old). He's a perfect fit

Phion Keneuf is online now  
Old
02-27-2011, 01:10 PM
  #79
Superstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
What would it take to get Cam Barker to Toronto? He's a big guy (6'3 215 lbs), he's a good puckmover, he plays the left side and he's still young (24 years old). He's a perfect fit
Is Barker better than Lebda at this stage?

Superstar is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 01:15 PM
  #80
Vladimir Tarasenko*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
What would it take to get Cam Barker to Toronto? He's a big guy (6'3 215 lbs), he's a good puckmover, he plays the left side and he's still young (24 years old). He's a perfect fit
PHI 3rd

Vladimir Tarasenko* is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 01:16 PM
  #81
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
Is Barker better than Lebda at this stage?
Yes he definitely is.

Phion Keneuf is online now  
Old
02-27-2011, 01:16 PM
  #82
shully
Night's Watch
 
shully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
Is Barker better than Lebda at this stage?
I would much rather have Barker. There's a reason he used to be a highly touted prospect, and hes considerably younger

shully is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 01:24 PM
  #83
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
Duchene and Stastny down the middle for the next 7 to 10 years is not too shabby. I don't see any real motivation to move Stastny. If they want a good young D prospect, they could move their 1st pick or try to draft one. With them just acquiring Eric Johnson, their biggest need at the moment is a goaltender, not on D.
I don't disagree. I see no reason for them to make this deal. But if he is being shopped, it sure would be nice to know what they'd want back, or what their motivation is. As I've heard (this was only fan speculation)they have some center depth, (I don't know the names) and are unhappy with how their rebuild has gone, based on where they are in the standings and have decided to build "from the net out", and are willing to use Statsny to do that, as they feel they can replace him from within.

I don't know the Av's at all, so I'm willing to say I have no idea, but this was one of many theories.

smoke meat pete* is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 01:25 PM
  #84
TeamBester
Debunked
 
TeamBester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,953
vCash: 500
Eklund: Big deal of the day tomorrow, Richards to LA NYR or the Leafs

TeamBester is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 01:28 PM
  #85
shully
Night's Watch
 
shully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBester View Post
Eklund: Big deal of the day tomorrow, Richards to LA NYR or the Leafs
lol eklund

shully is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 01:32 PM
  #86
zapy
Registered User
 
zapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Richmond Hi
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBester View Post
Eklund: Big deal of the day tomorrow, Richards to LA NYR or the Leafs
I don't see him in New York; aren't they already at the cap?

I don't see him in Toronto; because Burke's main goal is to get younger.

What could LA give to get B.Richards if he is resigned? Richards is one player I can see LA trading B.Schenn for. Perfect fit too; they need more offence. And they have enough young guys. They might be able to keepy B.Schenn if they get B.Richards unsigned.

zapy is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 01:41 PM
  #87
TeamBester
Debunked
 
TeamBester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,953
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapy View Post
I don't see him in New York; aren't they already at the cap?

I don't see him in Toronto; because Burke's main goal is to get younger.

What could LA give to get B.Richards if he is resigned? Richards is one player I can see LA trading B.Schenn for. Perfect fit too; they need more offence. And they have enough young guys. They might be able to keepy B.Schenn if they get B.Richards unsigned.
Not that I see Richards being traded to the Leafs, but Burke'e goal is to stick to the blueprint. I would think adding a top line center without mortgaging the future would be in the plans. IMO tossing the newly aquired 1st's and some prospects not named Kadri at Dallas is not mortgaging the future.

TeamBester is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 01:43 PM
  #88
FrozenJagrt
Registered User
 
FrozenJagrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapy View Post
I don't see him in New York; aren't they already at the cap?

I don't see him in Toronto; because Burke's main goal is to get younger.

What could LA give to get B.Richards if he is resigned? Richards is one player I can see LA trading B.Schenn for. Perfect fit too; they need more offence. And they have enough young guys. They might be able to keepy B.Schenn if they get B.Richards unsigned.
I don't *think* the Rags are at the cap, could be mistaken though. One would figure getting Redden and Roszival off the books would free up some room.

LA... Eh, can't see it. I feel like Lombardi won't be looking at Richards unless it's a steal of a deal that he can't pass up, not with Kopitar already centering the first line. Maybe though.

Toronto? Eklund threw that in there to get hits, nothing more.

FrozenJagrt is online now  
Old
02-27-2011, 01:46 PM
  #89
shully
Night's Watch
 
shully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace14 View Post
I don't *think* the Rags are at the cap, could be mistaken though. One would figure getting Redden and Roszival off the books would free up some room.

LA... Eh, can't see it. I feel like Lombardi won't be looking at Richards unless it's a steal of a deal that he can't pass up, not with Kopitar already centering the first line. Maybe though.

Toronto? Eklund threw that in there to get hits, nothing more.
First of all, Redden is in the minors so doesn't count against cap. And in case you missed it, Roszival has been a Coyote since January. Agree on Toronto, though

EDIT: my bad, misunderstood about NYR


Last edited by shully: 02-27-2011 at 03:10 PM.
shully is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 02:07 PM
  #90
Volcanologist
Used Register
 
Volcanologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Cosmodrome
Country: Germany
Posts: 20,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shull123 View Post
As an Avs and Leafs fan, I don't really like the direction the Avs have been going. They are gutting their team, with the trades of Stewart and Shattenkirk as well as Anderson. Trading Stastny would only make things worse.
Trading a 25 year old PPG centre is probably not high on the Avs to do list. Having said that I didn't like the Stewart/Shattenkirk deal either.

Volcanologist is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 02:07 PM
  #91
samwitch
Registered User
 
samwitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shull123 View Post
First of all, Redden is in the minors so doesn't count against cap. And in case you missed it, Roszival has been a Coyote since January. Agree on Toronto, though
Exactly...? That's exactly what he said?

samwitch is online now  
Old
02-27-2011, 02:08 PM
  #92
Andrew Mack
Registered User
 
Andrew Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara Region, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
It is worth the risk to wait until July 1st for Brad Richards. There is no guarantee he will sign anyways and he has a concussion.

No reason to jump the gun and give up picks or a Kadri, Colborne or Gardiner. Hold onto those assets; if Richards doesn't make it to July 1st you still have them in the hopper to make a move for a number one center if you miss out. Patience.

Andrew Mack is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 02:09 PM
  #93
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,905
vCash: 500
Rags have about $1 million in cap space after bringing in McCabe, which allows them a cap hit of $4.86 they can add.

Rags also added Wolski's $3.8 million hit this year.

smoke meat pete* is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 02:13 PM
  #94
Dr.Funk
Registered User
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Willypeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shull123 View Post
First of all, Redden is in the minors so doesn't count against cap. And in case you missed it, Roszival has been a Coyote since January. Agree on Toronto, though

You and him are making the exact same point.

Dr.Funk is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 02:16 PM
  #95
FrozenJagrt
Registered User
 
FrozenJagrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shull123 View Post
First of all, Redden is in the minors so doesn't count against cap. And in case you missed it, Roszival has been a Coyote since January. Agree on Toronto, though
Lmao gud job bro


FrozenJagrt is online now  
Old
02-27-2011, 02:36 PM
  #96
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup
 
Rockinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace14 View Post
I don't *think* the Rags are at the cap, could be mistaken though. One would figure getting Redden and Roszival off the books would free up some room.

LA... Eh, can't see it. I feel like Lombardi won't be looking at Richards unless it's a steal of a deal that he can't pass up, not with Kopitar already centering the first line. Maybe though.

Toronto? Eklund threw that in there to get hits, nothing more.
bang on

Rockinz is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 02:37 PM
  #97
nuck
Flatfoot
 
nuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Greenland
Posts: 5,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shull123 View Post
I would much rather have Barker. There's a reason he used to be a highly touted prospect, and hes considerably younger
He is not a very good defenseman. If not for his high draft position people would not be considering him. Junior stud who didn't continue to improve much as a pro. There is no way the Hawks would have let him go if he had any upside and they know him better than anyone.

nuck is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 02:50 PM
  #98
shully
Night's Watch
 
shully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace14 View Post
Lmao gud job bro

lol true i thought he was saying they needed to get those contracts off the books, my bad. thats embarrassing

shully is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 02:51 PM
  #99
shully
Night's Watch
 
shully's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuck View Post
He is not a very good defenseman. If not for his high draft position people would not be considering him. Junior stud who didn't continue to improve much as a pro. There is no way the Hawks would have let him go if he had any upside and they know him better than anyone.
thats true, but that said, lebda is nothing special either. the only thing is barker's contract, which is the real reason the hawks dumped him

shully is offline  
Old
02-27-2011, 02:53 PM
  #100
Superstar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
Trading a 25 year old PPG centre is probably not high on the Avs to do list. Having said that I didn't like the Stewart/Shattenkirk deal either.
It's a head scratcher for sure. Stewart is the perfect winger for either Duchene or Stastny and they moved it -- I don't know where they could find a replacement for Stewart. Shattenkirk is a good young player, not Eric Johnson good, but good.

Superstar is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.