HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl-chi

Old
02-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Bieber fever

vCash: 500
Mtl-chi

To monteal : Brouwer

To Chicago : Webber or 1st + Nash/Carle/Picard

Montreal gets a big guy ,who will bring some toughness to the team and some leadership.Chicaco gets a very good young D and on a cheap contract.I don't know if Chicago can keep Brouwer next year ? They gave a lot of bigs contracts recently ....

Toughs ?

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Seems fair for both sides given we could use an upgrade on forward and Chicago (supposedly) needs to shed some salary in the wake of the Seabrook extension, but I don't know Hawks fans' opinions on Brouwer and if they're willing to move him.

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Brouwer is not worth a 1st

Bgav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
Brouwer is not worth a 1st
I don't know........25 y/o , +/- 50 points and 20 goals per year, RFA at the end of the years.

And it's Montreal's First.....so 30th overall

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Richybaby

When you say Weber OR 1st + ... are you telling me that Weber worth a 1st and plus for you? Gosh....

Richybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

Hawks will have plenty of space for Brouwer, and we're not trading one of our few big, physical players. We also have no need for a young defenseman.

Gootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:44 PM
jamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richybaby View Post
When you say Weber OR 1st + ... are you telling me that Weber worth a 1st and plus for you? Gosh....
I believe Weber has more value than the Habs' 1st round pick.

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:46 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauce514 View Post
To monteal : Brouwer

To Chicago : Webber or 1st + Nash/Carle/Picard

Montreal gets a big guy ,who will bring some toughness to the team and some leadership.Chicaco gets a very good young D and on a cheap contract.I don't know if Chicago can keep Brouwer next year ? They gave a lot of bigs contracts recently ....

Toughs ?
No thanks.

Sorry but Weber is not coveted by Chicago. He'd instantly be behind Leddy, Vishnevskiy, and Lalonde on our depth charts. He's only playing in Montreal this season because of injuries.

Nash/Carle/Picard would not play for Chicago so they're useless toss-ins.

No, Brouwer has more worth to Chicago then he does in a trade. He won't be going anywhere.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
No thanks.

Sorry but Weber is not coveted by Chicago. He'd instantly be behind Leddy, Vishnevskiy, and Lalonde on our depth charts. He's only playing in Montreal this season because of injuries.

Nash/Carle/Picard would not play for Chicago so they're useless toss-ins.

No, Brouwer has more worth to Chicago then he does in a trade. He won't be going anywhere.
Bull****. I don't know if it was with you I had the very same argument the other day, but Weber would definitely be ahead of these guys on the Hawks' depth chart.

Just admit you're clueless about Weber's game and we'll leave it at that.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:55 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Bull****. I don't know if it was with you I had the very same argument the other day, but Weber would definitely be ahead of these guys on the Hawks' depth chart.

Just admit you're clueless about Weber's game and we'll leave it at that.
I could care less what you think. Weber is in the NHL because of injuries, that's it. He plays in the NHL and suddenly he has all this value? Lol.

He would definately not be ahead of any of those guys.

Sorry you over-value him. He'd be in the AHL this year if he was in the Hawks system. He has simular value to Brian Connelly like it or not.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:06 PM
MXD

Quote:
I could care less what you think. Weber is in the NHL because of injuries, that's it. He plays in the NHL and suddenly he has all this value? Lol.

Sorry you over-value him. He'd be in the AHL this year if he was in the Hawks system. He has simular value to Brian Connelly like it or not.
That's misinformed, to say the least.

Weber would be in the NHL this year. Probably as a 6th D-Men, but in the NHL, and he'd certainly be above Vishnevski and Lalonde in Chicago (and probably Leddy as well). Yes, the Habs lost D-Men to injuries (Markov, Gorges...), but they traded for Sopel and Wisniewski, and Weber still has a place in the lineup, so the injury factor is pretty much neutral.

It's not because one of the basis for the trade is wrong (ie, Hawks not being able to sign Brouwer, Weber worth a 1st, Picard having similar value to Brandon Nash) that all the rest is wrong.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

no need for Weber, a 1st is always good to have.

maybe in the Offseason, not now

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:09 PM
BBSeabs27
#freeseabs

Nahh, we don't need anymore young inexperienced players. We need cheap vets who can teach our young guys what to do and isn't afraid to get physical.

BBSeabs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:11 PM
ccgg

Habs say yes or no. It depends if they want to keep Wisniewski or Weber for the future. Weber is a lot better defensively and more physical. But Wisniewski is better right now in the offensive area. Trade Weber for Brouwer it's high risk for the Habs. At best, Brouwer will be a physical 2nd liner when Weber, at worst, will be a #3-4 two-way d-man. If Pierre Gauthier knows he can resign Wisniewski under 4.25$, I have no problem with dealing Weber.

Hawks say yes or no. It depends if they keep Hjalmarsson and Campbell for the long term. Weber is a good upgrade to their third pairing d-men, Leddy, Vishnevskiy, and Lalonde and he is very young. Weber can help Chicago because he is consistent with his great work ethic and he has a solid potential. But I guess the Blackhawks don't want to trade Brouwer after Ben Eager, Dustin Byfuglien and Andrew Ladd. But it's a good proposal and fair.

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Clipitar

Quote:

You're clueless.

1) Weber was at the AHL all-star game as a rookie

2) He got re-called this year partly because of the injuries, yes, but also because he was burning the AHL with 8 goals and 12 points in 15 games.

3) Montreal lost their equivalent of Keith, Seabrook and Hjalmarsson for all year, so obviously these injuries had a factor on the Habs' current D. But with the way he's been playing, Weber would still get a spot in the top-6. It's Wiznewski, Sopel, Picard and Mara who would be out of it.

4) I agree that he's not clear-cut ahead of Leddy, but Ivan freakin' Vishnevskiy? You severely need some reality check. There is not one GM in the entire league, including Bowman, who would pick this Russian guy over Weber. As for Lalonde, Weber has had a better progression at each stage of his career, and both have developed in the OHL.

5) I can't decide whether you're just biased or ignorant. Maybe both.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:12 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
That's misinformed, to say the least.

Weber would be in the NHL this year. Probably as a 6th D-Men, but in the NHL, and he'd certainly be above Vishnevski and Lalonde in Chicago (and probably Leddy as well). Yes, the Habs lost D-Men to injuries (Markov, Gorges...), but they traded for Sopel and Wisniewski, and Weber still has a place in the lineup, so the injury factor is pretty much neutral.

It's not because one of the basis for the trade is wrong (ie, Hawks not being able to sign Brouwer) that all the rest is wrong.
Weber played 15 games in the AHL this season, so what's that about him being up no matter what?

If MTL had Markov(1), Gorges(2), Spacek(3), Hammirlik(4), Wiznewski(5), Gill(6) and Subban(7) all availible then Weber would not be in the NHL.. it's pretty simple. Even if they don't trade for Wiz, he still would only be the sometimes 6th when Subban is out of the line-up.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Weber played 15 games in the AHL this season, so what's that about him being up no matter what?

If MTL had Markov(1), Gorges(2), Spacek(3), Hammirlik(4), Wiznewski(5), Gill(6) and Subban(7) all availible then Weber would not be in the NHL.. it's pretty simple. Even if they don't trade for Wiz, he still would only be the sometimes 6th when Subban is out of the line-up.
You're basically confirming that when healthy, the Habs D group is one of the League's best and deepest.

Without all these injuries, of course they wouldn't have traded for Wiz.

So he would be part of their top-7 because he simply is NHL-ready and will be a shoe-in top-4 in no time.

If the Habs hadn't been able to give him regular NHL ice time, they simply would have traded him to a team that could've. He has nothing to learn in the minors anymore.

Just quit it, it will do you wonders.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:22 PM
ccgg

Quote:

Hammirlik ?

And it's: Markov #1, Hamrlik/Subban #2, Gorges #4, Gill #5, Weber/Wisniewski #6, Spacek #8, Sopel #9 (yes your #5 last year), Mara #10, Picard #11

Last edited by ccgg: 02-27-2011 at 05:28 PM.
ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:22 PM
MXD

Quote:

HAhahhahahaha!!!

First, LOL at Subban 7.

Second, Weber started the season in the AHL, so he's bound to have played a few games down there.

Markov, Gorges and Spacek were replaced by Wisniewski, Sopel and Mara. Weber is STILL in the lineup. It is true that Weber won a roster spot because of injuries, but he managed to keep it when the injured players came back/or other players were acquired.

The guy who lost his job is Ryan O'Byrne. And Alex Picard, to a certain extent.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:30 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
HAhahhahahaha!!!

First, LOL at Subban 7.

Second, Weber started the season in the AHL, so he's bound to have played a few games down there.

Markov, Gorges and Spacek were replaced by Wisniewski, Sopel and Mara. Weber is STILL in the lineup. It is true that Weber won a roster spot because of injuries, but he managed to keep it when the injured players came back/or other players were acquired.

The guy who lost his job is Ryan O'Byrne. And Alex Picard, to a certain extent.
I think this guy is just clueless and very stubborn. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do for him.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

i love how a trade proposal has turned into a full-on picking apart of HosstheBoss, good job habs fans.

Ryan English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:41 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Gerard View Post
i love how a trade proposal into a full-on picking apart of HosstheBoss, good job habs fans.
Look, if I'd go on a Penner/Hemsky thread, and said that Penner is a 4th liner and that Hemsky should rather play in the KHL, I'd be replied in such a fashion.

Bottom line is : when you misinformed, clueless and stubborn...

Don't post.

Old
02-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richybaby View Post
I think you read it wrong. I think he meant (Weber or 1st) + ...

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:

You sir have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Weber. I wouldn't know where to start in order to explain...

On topic, I would love Brouwer in Montreal.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 08:33 PM
joeyp

not enough for Brouwer

would probably take Pacioretty+

joeyp is offline   Reply With Quote