HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus @ Nashville | 2/27/2011 3:00 EST| "Green Bee" edition

Old
02-28-2011, 09:55 AM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ--A--N View Post
Such a picture should surface eventually if it exists. If it doesn't exist, I stand by the car in a garage analogy (can't recall who came up with it). I don't need to actually see the car in the garage to be able to watch it drive out and assert that it must have been in there.
It would be hard to see it on a youtube video. You have to go frame by frame in slow-mo and you still can't see the whole puck, only part of it.

This is the whole conclusive aspect of the review for Toronto. Our situation a few years back helped define that new clarification to the rule.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ--A--N View Post
Such a picture should surface eventually if it exists. If it doesn't exist, I stand by the car in a garage analogy (can't recall who came up with it). I don't need to actually see the car in the garage to be able to watch it drive out and assert that it must have been in there.
Yup. If the explanation of "Puck in pants --> Pants in net --> Goal" is acceptable, this should be as well. Perhaps there was no black and white "puck crossed the line" proof, but the puck was in front of the net, Mac seemingly jammed it into the goal, and Wilson dug it out with his tail between his legs. That's more reason than the Wes Walz incident.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:34 AM
BluejacketNut

Somewhere Wes Walz is laughing his a$$ off, he got his assumption goal

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:44 AM
umbyforpresident

Davidge made a comment regarding a clear strip around the bottom of the goal rather than the white one that is currently in place. Certainly would change things.

Or maybe an overhead camera?

Or pay refs more so their in the right position to make the correct calls?

Either way, bummer. Doesn't change the fact that we had an injured dman, our backside played like crap in the 3rd period (stretches were nice) and it cost us. Irresponsible puck control at the end of the power play allows the third goal. They played decent for most of the game, Cally is proving he's got a nose for dirty goals, and hopefully they put it behind them and whip some ass out west.

umbyforpresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Cobra

I reviewed the NHL rulebook and found the parts about the puck needing to be completely over the goal line, etc... What I do not see is anything stating the replay official must actually SEE the puck over the line. Sounds silly, but this "oversight" seems to have been combined with other evidence, or reasoning (puck in player's equipment), to award goals. So, why wouldn't all other factors that we COULD see not be taken into account yesterday? The dejected goalie and defenseman? the position of the d-man's stick as he fished the puck out? So frustrating.

Lastly, this seems to be a case for having the old-fashioned Goal Judge sitting behind each net at each game. He could've been the deciding call here. Oh, but replay made him obsolete, right?

Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:46 AM
GhostofBoomer

I still think this is pretty definitive. Rinne's left pad and glove are completely over the line. Rinne appears to be grabbing for the puck with his glove and Wilson's stick, which later was shown pulling the puck out of the net, is also completely over the line. Also, if that puck is not in the net, there is no way Rinne would be that far into the goal and in that position.

GhostofBoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:59 AM
LeoWelsh

Can someone remind me what happened with Wes Walz?

LeoWelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 11:06 AM
BluejacketNut

Walz slid all the way into the net with the puck in his pants when we played the Wild, was awarded the goal by assumption

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Hey, I'm not happy they called the goal off but sheet happens, Davidage already gave the solution-get rid of the tape at the bottom of the net...

I still want the no goal in the '99 Cup finals overturned, not happin then or now. The best course is to move on.
Exactly. We got screwed, so whats new? Its not the last game we're going to lose this season, playoffs or not. We played yet another good/great game(with the exception of Garon's big rebound late), and thats the encouraging aspect of this game. Now we gotta keep our confidence and level of play high going into this west coast trip and get all the points we can.

btw...Weber is cry baby and punk ass ***** imo.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 01:29 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjbuckeye27 View Post

I still think this is pretty definitive. Rinne's left pad and glove are completely over the line. Rinne appears to be grabbing for the puck with his glove and Wilson's stick, which later was shown pulling the puck out of the net, is also completely over the line. Also, if that puck is not in the net, there is no way Rinne would be that far into the goal and in that position.
What's kind of funny is that from that angle there is no where else the puck could be but in the net. His head is even looking at the puck. But I could see the puck, briefly, from the other angle on the side of the net.

It was a goal, everyone knows it. This just illustrates that replay isn't close to perfect. For reasons like this, I am not a fan of it.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote