HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could Kurt Kleinendorst be our next head coach?

Old
02-27-2011, 08:13 AM
Stylizer1
Stone Cold Stunner

vCash: 709
Could Kurt Kleinendorst be our next head coach?

If Murray is going to make a coaching change for next season and seeing that this guy will have coached half our line up does anyone think this is a good move?

Murray has a thing for unestablished coaches so Kleinendorst should be a sure bet.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 08:17 AM
H2O

vCash: 50
No. Murray won't be the one picking the next coach.

H2O is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 08:18 AM
MatthewT

vCash: 500
It will be someone from outside with past NHL experience.... Has to be.

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Comely

vCash: 384
No their are two other more likely options. There is the world juniors coach where it is rumoured that Melnyk promised him the NHL job if he wins the Memorial cup and the much respected assistant coach in Montreal whose name I cant remember.

Comely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Stylizer1
Stone Cold Stunner

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
No. Murray won't be the one picking the next coach.
Maybe Tim Murray will be?

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 08:33 AM
kyle747

I hope not. We need a successful, established coach. Not a rookie or a guy has only failure on his resume ala Hartsburg or Paddock.

A GM not named Murray would be a good start - not that I have anything against Tim Murray, I just think we need to make a clean break. Someone with unbiased eyes needs to take stock of what we have, and what we need.

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 08:45 AM
GK
Not Jeeks

vCash: 1000
I hope Murray isn't making the change.

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Minister of Offence

I doubt KK will seriously be considered. But if he is around with Binghamton for another while I could see him being a lead candidate if the next coach in Ottawa fails. Another org could hire KKK if we don't though...if he gets recognized as Coach of the Year all of a sudden he's on people's radars.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Icelevel
Relentless

Rather than pulling KK away from his job in bingo, and creating another big hole, a new coach should be brought in to build on what KK is coaching down there. If the players are learning one thing from KK and then taught something different at the next level, that is time and energy wasted imo, so ideally the new coach should be in full agreement with KKs methods and then adapt what they have learned for success at the NHL level.

Bingo and Ottawa should not be thought of as 2 separate organizations. It is one machine with the purpose of developing hockey players. The sooner players get on the right track the better. KK is in place, now build on top of that.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:09 AM
Icelevel
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I doubt KK will seriously be considered. But if he is around with Binghamton for another while I could see him being a lead candidate if the next coach in Ottawa fails. Another org could hire KKK if we don't though...if he gets recognized as Coach of the Year all of a sudden he's on people's radars.
That crossed my mind before too. Sort of a tricky situation i guess.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I would think Kleidendorst would be pretty much on every team's radar by now. Just because nobody around here ever heard of him before he came to Bingo doesn't mean the NHL community has never heard of him. Has already won coach of the year in the UK and in the ECHL. Had a 1 year stint as an assistant coach in NJ and won a gold medal with the US under 18 team and was an assistant coach with team USA at the world championships. Winning coach of the year with Bingo would not all of a sudden put him on the radar any more than he already would be. Plus he still has 1 year left on his contract with the Sens. Anyway, if the Sens don't think he can be an NHL coach and if he is offered an NHL position with another team, the Sens would not stand in his way.

I could see him being moved up to an assistant coach position with Ottawa next year.

Kickabrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Droc
Classless

I figure the owner is more interested in bringing in an outside professional.

Droc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:39 AM
pepty
Let's win it all

vCash: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comely View Post
No their are two other more likely options. There is the world juniors coach where it is rumoured that Melnyk promised him the NHL job if he wins the Memorial cup and the much respected assistant coach in Montreal whose name I cant remember.
OK for Kurt, but if he promised the job to Cameron if he wins the Memorial Cup that's one more reason to cheer extra hard for the 67's or if it comes down to it, any other team to defeat Mississauga.

But I am very impressed with what is going down in Bingo and the coaching team down there.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Synthetek

vCash: 1000
Send a message via AIM to Synthetek
I would leave KK with Bingo. Like Ottawa, they need stability and he has put a system in place that is working. I still think Bob Hartley is a good choice for the Sens.

Synthetek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:29 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Wouldn't it be funny if KK & CC switched jobs?

My guess is Kirk Muller or Dave Cameron or Bob Hartley. I think I got everything covered NHL assistant who is at the top of the list, best junior coach, best AHL coach or veteran coach with a ring.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

If the options are hire another young coach with little to no NHL coaching experience or keep Cory Clouston. I keep Clouston.

Hartley is my first choice, MacTavish is my second choice, third choice is probably keep Cory.

As much as I like Kirk Muller, I don't especially want the Senators to be his trial run.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Laoghaire

No more new coaches. Give me Hitchcock or anybody who has show success at the NHL level.

Laoghaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:43 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post
No more new coaches. Give me Hitchcock or anybody who has show success at the NHL level.
Bob Hartley
- is a veteran coach & has a ring
- is from the area & is bilingual
- seems to be a firm but fair kind of guy
- I've heard he is a player's coach

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:51 PM
tony d
Follow your Nose

Bob Hartley would be a good choice IMO. He has NHL experience, has a reputation for being a guy who gets the most out of his players. Could be just what the team needs in a coach.

tony d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Shado75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comely View Post
Dave Cameron was a god-awful disaster in Binghamton and should stay in the juniors. Crowds were hanging banners and chanting for him to be fired.

The obsession with junior hockey will kill the Ottawa franchise for the foreseeable future if he is hired as the next coach. Get over yourselves with the junior hockey crap and realize that the vast majority of these kids that you guys fantasize over at that level never make it out of the AHL, but all we ever hear about is how great they are in juniors from the media. Time for a reality check up there and getting a bigger perspective.

Shado75 is offline   Reply With Quote