HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bogosian to New York Islanders (E4)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2011, 09:26 AM
  #201
DC in SC
Registered User
 
DC in SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yitz View Post
Absolutely. But the belief that Okposo would not be enough to land Bogosian is absurd. Okposo for Bogosian straight up would be an overpayment by the Islanders.
It would be, but this is HFBoards where potential > all .

Seriously though, it's not out of the realm of possibility. Despite Bogosian's supposed will to leave Atlanta, it's still going to take an overpayment to get him moved at this point but it just doesn't make sense for the Islanders to make that move when neither team is extemely desperate to fill either role. I can't see Dudley springing to move Bogosian for lower value just because he feels the pressure to move him before next season, he's said already he'll listen to all offers but isn't actively looking to trade him.

TL;DR - We're talking seriously about an Eklund proposal that, as usual, isn't grounded in reality.

DC in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:28 AM
  #202
ReVeuF
Registered User
 
ReVeuF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
Ok somebody fill me in...why trade Bogosian...because of one bad year and the guy's not even 21 yet? Yet he's playing in the best league in the world?
I think it is issues internally (hated by teammates), problems with the coach... could be off-ice issues also.

Other than those I do not see any reason to trade him...

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:28 AM
  #203
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
So, there aren't any other sources, just Kypreos? Why am I not suprised?
What are you illiterate, now too? come on bro think

or is Mckenzie supposed to say he heard it when he wasnt there?

There are no sources at all of Dudley denying it took place either. Im sure Rick would if he could, arent you? the simple logical answer is Dudley cant, so he downplays it so as to give himself the opportunity to get reasonable value,

Why am I not suprised? That you refuse to use any semblance of reason with regard to the obvious.

This is just a case of you being in denial. and no that is not the river in egypt

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:32 AM
  #204
califone
Registered User
 
califone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
What are you illiterate, now too? come on bro think

or is Mckenzie supposed to say he heard it when he wasnt there?

There are no sources at all of Dudley denying it took place either. Im sure Rick would if he could, arent you? the simple logical answer is Dudley cant, so he downplays it so as to give himself the opportunity to get reasonable value,

Why am I not suprised? That you refuse to use any semblance of reason with regard to the obvious.

This is just a case of you being in denial. and no that is not the river in egypt
You overestimate the significance of a Kypreos quote and McKenzie saying Bogosian might be available if a team knocks Dudley's socks off. Kevin Allen and Craig Custance are the best sources on the Thrashers you will find and both say Bogosian is not on the move.

califone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:37 AM
  #205
Magnus Fulgur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 7,354
vCash: 500
Bogo was ATL's number #1 in the victory against Toronto last night, and vs. the Panthers before that. He's been amazing right now, like a new guy. Is he auditioning for scouts? Or is he finally playing well so that he doesn't get traded?

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:38 AM
  #206
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
If you had done your research, you would find that Bogosian did not know where these rumors came from:

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-thrashe...-play-of-late/

Therefore he certaintly hasn't requested a trade and Rick Dudley isn't going to trade him unless he gets blown away by an offer:

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-thrashe...rade-bogosian/

Check mate, friend
are you reading your own links?

in the first link Bogo said he didnt know "where the report came from" not that it didnt happen.

and in the Second Rick Dudley never denied it either, just said: "Im not actively looking to trade him"

neither said anything even remotely about whether it actually happened

check mate on you

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:45 AM
  #207
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by califone View Post
You overestimate the significance of a Kypreos quote and McKenzie saying Bogosian might be available if a team knocks Dudley's socks off. Kevin Allen and Craig Custance are the best sources on the Thrashers you will find and both say Bogosian is not on the move.
im not saying he will be, and no where do either of your so called best sources say anything at all about Bogosian going to Dudley, for all you know they may know about it and still think it wont affect Dudley's thinking

if anything the lack of a denial anywhere is a tacit admission that it occurred

you have to recognize the difference between it never Happened and im not going to let it affect my thinking

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:57 AM
  #208
califone
Registered User
 
califone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
im not saying he will be, and no where do either of your so called best sources say anything at all about Bogosian going to Dudley, for all you know they may know about it and still think it wont affect Dudley's thinking

if anything the lack of a denial anywhere is a tacit admission that it occurred

you have to recognize the difference between it never Happened and im not going to let it affect my thinking
Your argument blows. You are using sources you trust because it is in your side's best interest. Who cares if Bogosian requested a trade? He doesn't have any power as a 21-year-old RFA. He is playing better hockey recently and the sources close to the team say the trade is a no-go. Why are you wasting your time?

califone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:10 AM
  #209
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by califone View Post
Your argument blows. You are using sources you trust because it is in your side's best interest. Who cares if Bogosian requested a trade? He doesn't have any power as a 21-year-old RFA. He is playing better hockey recently and the sources close to the team say the trade is a no-go. Why are you wasting your time?
maybe because its the truth?

you stated that it never happened and you used sources that didnt even remotely suggest that

I never said that Dudley has to trade Bogosian, in fact i even said the opposite, that Bogosian doesnt have the contractual right to.

All im doing is standing up for the truth

fact: Kypreos said it happened

fact: Dudley has never denied it happened

fact: Bogosian has never denied it happened


I just pointed out to duke that its not talking out your ass if its been reported and never denied

Ive looked no one involved has ever denied that the meeting never happened

so whose argument blows, yours which is based on 2 quotes that dont even mention Bogosian talking to Dudley? or mine based on those three facts?

The easiest way to end all speculation would be for Bogosian or Dudley to say it never happened. Why havent they?

most likely answer:

because it did

and once again im not saying Dudley has to trade him, he doesnt. but to accuse someone of talking out their ass when it hasnt been denied is wrong


Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 02-28-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:19 AM
  #210
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor
 
DungeonK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 5,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
maybe because its the truth?

you stated that it never happened and you used sources that didnt even remotely suggest that

I never said that Dudley has to trade Bogosian, in fact i even said the opposite, that Bogosian doesnt have the contractual right to.

All im doing is standing up for the truth

fact: Kypreos said it happened

fact: Dudley has never denied it happened

fact: Bogosian has never denied it happened

I just pointed out to duke that its not talking out your ass if its been reported and never denied

Ive looked no one involved has ever denied that the meeting never happened

so whose argument blows, yours which is based on 2 quotes that dont even mention Bogosian talking to Dudley? or mine based on those three facts?

The easiest way to end all speculation would be for Bogosian or Dudley to say it never happened. Why havent they?

most likely answer:

because it did

and once again im not saying Dudley has to trade him, he doesnt. but to accuse someone of talking out their ass when it hasnt been denied is wrong
And then you realize you're quoting Nick Kypreos and everything he says is just talking out his ass.

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:22 AM
  #211
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
And then you realize you're quoting Nick Kypreos and everything he says is just talking out his ass.
Then once again i ask you, Why hasnt any of the principles, denied it happened?

is it really that hard

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:24 AM
  #212
califone
Registered User
 
califone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
maybe because its the truth?

you stated that it never happened and you used sources that didnt even remotely suggest that

I never said that Dudley has to trade Bogosian, in fact i even said the opposite, that Bogosian doesnt have the contractual right to.

All im doing is standing up for the truth

fact: Kypreos said it happened

fact: Dudley has never denied it happened

fact: Bogosian has never denied it happened


I just pointed out to duke that its not talking out your ass if its been reported and never denied

Ive looked no one involved has ever denied that the meeting never happened

so whose argument blows, yours which is based on 2 quotes that dont even mention Bogosian talking to Dudley? or mine based on those three facts?

The easiest way to end all speculation would be for Bogosian or Dudley to say it never happened. Why havent they?

most likely answer:

because it did

and once again im not saying Dudley has to trade him, he doesnt. but to accuse someone of talking out their ass when it hasnt been denied is wrong
Where did I say that it did not happen? I said it does not matter.

You said that several sources have reported that Bogosian wants out, but only provided Kypreos who reported it and McKenzie who did not report it. What was that third report?

Either way, you are still making assumptions based on the talking heads you believe. YOU HAVE NO HARD, UNDENIABLE PROOF EITHER.

califone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:25 AM
  #213
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 24,467
vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
Then once again i ask you, Why hasnt any of the principles, denied it happened?

is it really that hard
Has anyone else reported it? Maybe someone with a lot more credibility? Haven't heard it yet.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:32 AM
  #214
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by califone View Post
Where did I say that it did not happen? I said it does not matter.

You said that several sources have reported that Bogosian wants out, but only provided Kypreos who reported it and McKenzie who did not report it. What was that third report?

Either way, you are still making assumptions based on the talking heads you believe. YOU HAVE NO HARD, UNDENIABLE PROOF EITHER.
yes i do, the guy who came out publicly who said it

no one involved has denied it,

what more do you need?

Kypreos tweeted it, several other sources have commented on it and used it as a source and still no one involved has denied it,

When that happens it becomes generally accepted truth, until such time as somebody involved denies it

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:38 AM
  #215
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Has anyone else reported it? Maybe someone with a lot more credibility? Haven't heard it yet.
Duke all we have is Kypreos words and the fact that other outlets have used it as a source, and McKenzie addressing it as being a non issue in trade discussions.

The biggest evidence in Kypreos favor is the Lack of any denials whatsoever....

Would you stand silently while anyone was publicly telling lies about you? I sure wouldnt........

Why would Dudley or Bogosian?


Last edited by Isles_Guy*: 02-28-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:39 AM
  #216
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
I don't understand this. Why are people arguing about this? It's friggen Eklund. Isles are not parting with Okposo for Bogosian. The Islanders will make the playoffs next year and Okposo will start fresh with the team and build off the 53 points he had a second year player in this league.

Who cares how talented Bogosian is? Why don't the Thrashers be a tad bit more patient with him?

Oh, they are? Okay, good. This thread is useless.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:46 AM
  #217
califone
Registered User
 
califone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
Would you stand silently while anyone was publicly telling lies about you? I sure wouldnt........

Why would Dudly or Bogosian?
Why would Dudley or Bogosian waste their time with rumor-mongers who are trying to increase web traffic by polarizing fan bases? Just because you believe it does not make it truth.

Done.

califone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:56 AM
  #218
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by califone View Post
Why would Dudley or Bogosian waste their time [denying it] with rumor-mongers who are trying to increase web traffic by polarizing fan bases? Just because you believe it does not make it truth.

Done.
simply to not have to deal with what goes along with reports such as these...... Carmelo Anthony, was non-commital right until he left Denver, so was Lebron, you see how the lack of a definitive denial affected their teams.

Atlanta is fighting for a playoff berth , you would think Dudley would say there is no truth to this whatsoever, just to keep the distractions down

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 11:06 AM
  #219
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT
 
BigTuna49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ATL
Country: Scotland
Posts: 24,467
vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
Duke all we have is Kypreos words and the fact that other outlets have used it as a source, and McKenzie addressing it as being a non issue in trade discussions.

The biggest evidence in Kypreos favor is the Lack of any denials whatsoever....

Would you stand silently while anyone was publicly telling lies about you? I sure wouldnt........

Why would Dudley or Bogosian?
I can say the same thing in regards to the lack of credibility of Kypreous because of there are no reports from more reliable sources.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 11:10 AM
  #220
CorpseFX
Registered User
 
CorpseFX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 7,764
vCash: 50
fake. wont happen.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 11:12 AM
  #221
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,151
vCash: 500
This thread is a giant fail. This is literally not happening.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 11:27 AM
  #222
mygameworn
Registered User
 
mygameworn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 1,970
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
Why is Eklund's crap still allowed on here? Think of the bandwidth HF could save... Eklund is wrong 98% of the time! Why not impose some restrictions for people who post his make believe junk.

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 01:03 PM
  #223
Isles_Guy*
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: long Island
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
I can say the same thing in regards to the lack of credibility of Kypreous because of there are no reports from more reliable sources.
Then i repeat why hasnt anyone said it wasnt true

they havent even said Kypreos isnt credible

Kypreos did correctly call the McCabe deal too

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:14 PM
  #224
Groin Of Bates
Registered User
 
Groin Of Bates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,850
vCash: 500
Well, it wasn't true and that's that.

Great job, Eklund!

Groin Of Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:19 PM
  #225
DC in SC
Registered User
 
DC in SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 776
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Of Bates View Post
Well, it wasn't true and that's that.

Great job, Eklund!
But how do you know? They never denied it!

DC in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.