HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seabrook signing and Erhoff

Old
02-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Hammer79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
He re-signed the Sedins at the 11th hour, June 30th.. The fact Ehrhoff isn't signed yet doesn't mean anything.
Yes, he went after the Sedins at the last minute and held on to them at the previous deadline. He also told Burrows to sign before the trade deadline or he would move him. He's played it both ways... I would be surprised, but not completely stunned, if MG moved Ehrhoff tomorrow.

Hammer79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:41 AM
Topp Spin
STIHL 286

While Erhoff is solid, Edler makes him look better than he really is...

Seabrook is a better defense-man than Erhoff and his far better in his own end. Like a few posters above me have mentioned, I'd like Erhoff to stay at no more than 4.5 a year in the range of 2-4 years.

It might be a gamble, and I've never been the biggest fan of Bieksa, but... with the way he's played this season, I'm leaning towards Gillis resigning him, as a bigger priority. Although not for Erhoff type money...

Topp Spin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:47 AM
David71

could erhoff be tradable? makes 3.1 could comman 4.5 or 5 depending on the market. his defensive skills are average..

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:48 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
could erhoff be tradable? makes 3.1 could comman 4.5 or 5 depending on the market. his defensive skills are average..
Just like Gillis said last night virtually anyone in the league is tradable. Depends what is coming back.

monster_bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:45 AM
rban*

Ehrhoff and Edler have to both stay since Salo will retire, and I dont think Bieksa is reliable despite this season.

A Top 4 of Edler-Hoff-Ham-Ball is good.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Catamarca Livin

I want to know why Hamhuis should make more money than Ehrhoff? Why should Ballard make only 3 hundred thousand less than Erhoff. Erhoff was Vancouver best d man last year and he is in the running again this year. He is average defensively while being well above average offensively, this makes him an above average defenseman. I think 5 million is a good number. The thing i worry about is them not being able to sign Ehrhoff then signing Bieksa for similar money. Then we would have 3 defenseman who combine to make 13.5 million (Hamhuis 4.7, Ballard 4.2. Bieksa 4.5) and not one them is good on the second pp unit nevermind the first one. None of those guys is even a real shutdown defenseman atleast Erhoff has a definable role. I like Detroit's theory that if you are going to pay alot for someone make sure they have an offensive side .

Catamarca Livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 11:57 AM
deckercky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
I want to know why Hamhuis should make more money than Ehrhoff? Why should Ballard make only 3 hundred thousand less than Erhoff. Erhoff was Vancouver best d man last year and he is in the running again this year. He is average defensively while being well above average offensively, this makes him an above average defenseman. I think 5 million is a good number. The thing i worry about is them not being able to sign Ehrhoff then signing Bieksa for similar money. Then we would have 3 defenseman who combine to make 13.5 million (Hamhuis 4.7, Ballard 4.2. Bieksa 4.5) and not one them is good on the second pp unit nevermind the first one. None of those guys is even a real shutdown defenseman atleast Erhoff has a definable role. I like Detroit's theory that if you are going to pay alot for someone make sure they have an offensive side .
When you look at Vancouver's top 6 defensive lineup, Ehrhoff is #6 defensively, and it isn't even close between him and #5. He's average defensively for sure, but no more than that. Offensively is where Ehrhoff gets his value, and he's good enough on that end that it makes him worth 4.5M-5M.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:32 PM
YogiCanucks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post
Ehrhoff and Edler have to both stay since Salo will retire, and I dont think Bieksa is reliable despite this season.

A Top 4 of Edler-Hoff-Ham-Ball is good.
Top 7 of Edler-HasselHoff-Ham-Ball Bieksa-Tanev-LOLberts

= nice and not TOO expensive all things considered.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Catamarca Livin

I would argue that the difference between Ehrhoff offensively and the other 5 is not even close, well with Edler it is somewhat close. However the difference between him offensively and the other d man is larger than the diffence is on defense. I still see Ehrhoff killing penalities however when Edler got hurt they use a forward rather than a dman on the pp. They used another forward on the second pp unit rather than Hamhuis or Ballard. So Hamhuis at 4.7 and Ballard at 4.2 million cannot be used on the pp when 2 dman get hurt. So if Ehrhoff and Bieksa move we would need 2 dman to replace them on the pp? Not to mention Bieksa has been useless on the pp this year as well. One last point does anyone care about durability? Something Ehrhoff has on the other 5 is that he has not been hurt for long this year, not to mention last year. Isn't that one of the reasons Hamhuis got his contract, and we justified the Ballard trade? Basically you have a durable offensive defenseman. That gets you 5 million a year as a starting point. I like Hamhuis and Ballard as defensmen but Ehrhoff offers a skill set they do not have and is more rare in the league.

Catamarca Livin is offline   Reply With Quote