HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NSH/TOR: Clarke MacArthur for Ryan Ellis

Old
03-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Boondock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Another case of fans painting a player who's 25 years old as a career third liner. This site is pretty damn funny sometimes when a guy who's that age having a good year is seen as a one hit wonder.The fact that you say one season inflated his stats is laughable. That doesn't even make sense.
Is it about as funny as writing off a 20 year old defence man as not being a legit NHL player before they have even had a chance to play? That was the point of the comment. Writing off Ellis as a good junior player with no place in the NHL is the equivalent of writing off a 25 year old as a 1 hit wonder 3rd liner.

1 season has inflated his career stats - prior to this season MacArthur had played 208 NHL games and had 88 pts, that means he was averaging .42 pts per game, this season he has 48 pts in 63 games bumping his average just over .5 pts/gm, hence inflating his stats.

Having to explain this just shows the capacity of the people who are responding to it I guess

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 06:20 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
LOL. Another case of Leaf fans horribly overrating a career 3rd liner who's had 1 descent year. Mac will be after 3 ish million a year next season and he is a career 40 point guy who's stats are inflated because of 1 season.

If Ellis is in play there would be better offers for him then MacArthur
Yeah yeah, just like Beachemin, Versteeg and Kaberle were all worth nothing, right? Leaf fans have been a lot more right than other fans lately on this issue.

And Macarthur is 25 and actually had very good numbers last season given his ice-time.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 07:11 PM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
LOL. Another case of Leaf fans horribly overrating a career 3rd liner who's had 1 descent year. Mac will be after 3 ish million a year next season and he is a career 40 point guy who's stats are inflated because of 1 season.

If Ellis is in play there would be better offers for him then MacArthur
i wonder how many other players leading there team in scoring get viewed like this by you . he's 25 years old and has taken his game to the next level and would have fit in well on nashvile considering he has more points then any of there forwards. the closest is 14 pts away. by your logic of 40 point guys nashville should dump every forward and start from scratch with 12 rookie forwards cause it can't get any worse right

93gilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
i wonder how many other players leading there team in scoring get viewed like this by you . he's 25 years old and has taken his game to the next level and would have fit in well on nashvile considering he has more points then any of there forwards. the closest is 14 pts away. by your logic of 40 point guys nashville should dump every forward and start from scratch with 12 rookie forwards cause it can't get any worse right
read all my posts before commenting - I copied the logic of a previous poster (whom I quoted - go back and look) - it was a tongue-in-cheek response to an equally poor evaluation of a 20 year old top prospect in the league.

If you want to make vague idiotic assumptions about a point (ie - dump everyone because no one on Nashville has 40 points) - At least acknowledge that the idea that "NHL proven players are worth far more then prospects" - just isn't the case. If that was true, why don't the Leafs move Kadri for Raymond - Raymond has proven to be a more effective offensive player then MacArthur so far in their careers. Trade Gardiner for Sopel - Sopel is a stanley cup winner. Top tier prospect carry high value, and I can't imagine that there would be too many GM's in the league who would move a top prospect for a player who has yet to prove that they are anything more then a 40-50 point winger

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote