HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Was Terry Ryan playing in London, Ontario at...

Closed Thread

Old
07-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Reggio

vCash: 500
Was Terry Ryan playing in London, Ontario at...

the World Inline Hockey Championships?

Today, I went to watch Team Canada play the U.S.A at the World Inline Skating Championships in London Ontario, when a player by the name of Terry Ryan (wearing number 14) was announced on the roster. Is this the same former first round pick of the the Montreal Canadiens? I tried to find the roster for Team Canada and counldn't find anything. Can someone confirm if it's the same individual?

BTW, Team Canada was down 3-0 in the 2nd period and slowly started to make a comeback. In the last period Canada scored 3-1, then 3-2 and with 1 second left on the clock they tied the game and the crowd went nuts!!!! Unfortuntately, U.S.A scored in the second overtime...(damn).

In the Women's final, Team Canada smoked the U.S 5-0. great game by Canada.

Anyhoo, have a great Canada day....or evening...

Old
07-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Habs

If he had enormous ears, and was as graceful as Dagenais, then yes.. it was Terry Ryan.

Old
07-01-2004, 10:20 PM
db23

Well, since skating on ice was his big handicap....maybe this is his sport.

Old
07-01-2004, 11:09 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggio
the World Inline Hockey Championships?

Today, I went to watch Team Canada play the U.S.A at the World Inline Skating Championships in London Ontario, when a player by the name of Terry Ryan (wearing number 14) was announced on the roster. Is this the same former first round pick of the the Montreal Canadiens? I tried to find the roster for Team Canada and counldn't find anything. Can someone confirm if it's the same individual?

BTW, Team Canada was down 3-0 in the 2nd period and slowly started to make a comeback. In the last period Canada scored 3-1, then 3-2 and with 1 second left on the clock they tied the game and the crowd went nuts!!!! Unfortuntately, U.S.A scored in the second overtime...(damn).

In the Women's final, Team Canada smoked the U.S 5-0. great game by Canada.

Anyhoo, have a great Canada day....or evening...
Yes it was him. Former Habs pick Andre Bashkirov also played in the roller league, although he has since left and gone to play in the Swiss league.

Old
07-02-2004, 10:34 AM
Prrebel

I would say it was Terry Ryan. He palyed on Canada's world Championship team last year.

I wish you guys would stop bashing him for the packing his agent laid on him. He was a good pick, and without the concussions and the "aid" of his agent, Ryan would probably still be a Hab.

Old
07-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prrebel
I would say it was Terry Ryan. He palyed on Canada's world Championship team last year.

I wish you guys would stop bashing him for the packing his agent laid on him. He was a good pick, and without the concussions and the "aid" of his agent, Ryan would probably still be a Hab.
As Hab Fans some of us like to blame Ryan for the things he had no control over, such as being picked two spots before the Dallas Stars took Jarome Iginla . Not saying its right, just that Montreal has emotional fans, and sometimes our emotions get the best of us.

Old
07-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Frankie

it was the same terry ryan, there were a couple of stories in the st.john's newspaper about him playing at the inline championships.

he was on canada's 4th line.

Old
07-04-2004, 08:35 AM
leshabitants44

ya it was him, i am a native of st. john's newfoundland and we had a decent sized article about ryan's play in both the roller hockey championships and the ball hockey championships

Closed Thread