HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Misc. Rumours/Speculation thread V2.0: Fiesta Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2011, 01:19 AM
Crystal Met

vCash: 500
so... in a nutshell,

pg is trying to get penner, weiss, but the price is too high
discussions with nashville
st-louis maybe interested in gomez
pg trying to add some grit ( konopka, neil,etc..)

il be happy if we add some muscle to the line up (konopka), and really pissed if we deal for dumont ( whatever we give in return)

Old
02-28-2011, 01:24 AM
Darth Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Met View Post
so... in a nutshell,

il be happy if we add some muscle to the line up (konopka), and really pissed if we deal for dumont ( whatever we give in return)
I don't think that the price for Weiss is necessarily too high.

I think that us going seriously after Weiss is entirely contingent on finding a suitor for Gomez.

If Gomez is dealt, then PG will probably go hard after Weiss, as long as Weiss is still available. In fact, PG might already have a deal in principle agreed to with Florida for Weiss, and is just waiting on St. Louis' response to a Gomez trade offer...

It makes no sense for us to get Weiss if we can't trade Gomez. But if we do trade Gomez, then getting Weiss makes all the sense in the world.

Old
02-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Habit11

Quote:
so... in a nutshell,

I just can't see Gomez going to St. Louis, just my opinion. The only way I see Gomez moving anywhere, maybe is to CLB with the Habs getting back Commodore (b/c CLB really wants him off their books) and 1 of Vermette or Umberger coming back. I'd put that at a miniscule chance anyway... CLB gets a playmaker for Nash, and the Habs get back a center who can fill in 2nd line duty. But, I really don't see the Habs giving up on Gomez.

Old
02-28-2011, 01:29 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Despite PR to the contrary, that's what Gomez is. Even though he's having a crummy season offensively.
this

I know it's a little late, but being Habs fans who forgive and forget very quickly (and vice versa), if...nay, when Gomez starts to turn that corner, he will be very very useful. I don't want him gone and unless another team is asking for him, I doubt PG is going to give up on him. He's more veteran than people give him credit for and as it has been mentioned, everyone has bad slumps/seasons. He's a winner and I'm pretty sure PG will keep him. Provided Plekalleri performs to expectations, Gionta's rando shots start going in, AK of late stays the same as does Eller and the Sopel-invigorated D (better defensively and with the big body of Mara when we need it), I think we'll be fine going into the playoffs the way we are. Just get hot down the stretch and work out the kinks. I am very afraid that AK or Pouliot or both might get moved. I feel like they are both (moreso Pouliot but eventually both) reaching the breaking point of their potential and will become the players that we are trying to trade for.

Old
02-28-2011, 02:27 AM
Lemons

prediction:

tommrow, pierre gauthier is going to trade tomas plekanec, weber, pacioretty and first round pick for evgeni malkin.

i feel it

Old
02-28-2011, 02:31 AM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
prediction:

tommrow, pierre gauthier is going to trade tomas plekanec, weber, pacioretty and first round pick for evgeni malkin.

i feel it
You like the feeling of being disappointed do you?

Old
02-28-2011, 02:33 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Since this is the speculation/rumour thread, I'll give one of my own.

I think Smid is going to be traded to Toronto.

Old
02-28-2011, 02:37 AM
Roulin

Quote:
K, for those of you fantasizing about the Habs dealing Gomez, keep in mind that teams do not get rebuilt in February. Especially not when they are buyers. And definitely not when their GM is Pierre Gauthier.

Furthermore, in the highly unlikely event that this is even being considered by PG, there needs to be a credible tough-minutes top-6 center going back to the Habs in some way, otherwise the Habs will be throwing away this season, which they certainly aren't going to do. And if they can't replace Gomez this summer (remember, centers of this caliber are rare, it's why Gainey went after Gomez in the first place) then they are throwing away next year, too, and there is no way in hell PG even considers that.
You're almost certainly right, that Gomez won't be dealt. But I think it will have more to do with a lack of interest from other teams.

I do believe Arnott could fill the role of 2nd tough minute center. He should be relatively affordable, he's been healthy all season, he has a right handed shot. Actually, regardless of what happens with Gomez, I think Arnott is my bet for who I think the Habs will acquire, though I'd be way more excited about Weiss or Penner.

Old
02-28-2011, 03:40 AM
S Bah

Quote:
so... in a nutshell,

Dumont could bring the Habs Arnott as well,I still want Chris Neil too or else

Old
02-28-2011, 06:31 AM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 483
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Since this is the speculation/rumour thread, I'll give one of my own.

I think Smid is going to be traded to Toronto.
Doesn't make sense. They need a center not another dman.

Old
02-28-2011, 06:39 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
Doesn't make sense. They need a center not another dman.
They have been rumored to be after Liles, so smid would make sense.

Old
02-28-2011, 06:43 AM
Next Best Thing*

I don't care what anyone says, this TDL calls for some getting drunk! On my march break.

Let the snoozefest begin..

Old
02-28-2011, 06:47 AM
compile
Give me Scotch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
They have been rumored to be after Liles, so smid would make sense.
So for 65 games Burke has been crying to get Kessel a centerman, but because someone rumored they want Liles it makes it true. Either Burke is the worst GM in the world or he has not a clue.

Old
02-28-2011, 06:48 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
So for 65 games Burke has been crying to get Kessel a centerman, but because someone rumored they want Liles it makes it true. Either Burke is the worst GM in the world or he has not a clue.
That someone(s) would be Dregger, Mckenzie and Lebrun. I'll take their word for it.

Old
02-28-2011, 06:50 AM
compile
Give me Scotch!

Quote:
Err, are you serious?

Eller and DD would get eviscerated if they got the matchups Gomez gets on a regular basis. They have trouble enough handling them on an occasional basis. That's just the way it is -- they are both rookies and will get to that level, but in the meantime, throwing them in the fire will get them destroyed

Meanwhile, Gomez is having a tough season offensively (his low plus/minus is entirely due to his aberrantly low ES scoring; he's not getting many minuses, but he's not getting plusses, and your contention that opponents have an easy time scoring against him is patently false; plus/minus is not a defensive stat, it's an outscoring stat). I could once again go over why this is happening, but it seems people here don't really like in-depth analysis, so I'll make the salient point -- even if Gomez is not producing offensively, something that may correct itself at any time, the Habs still need him to handle the tough top-6 matchups.

Try Eller or, heaven forfend, DD there, and you'll see an even worse plus minus because there will be very few pluses AND a lot of minuses happening.
he's been a minus player for about 2 weeks now. I'm guessing stamkos and Crosby shouldn't have gotten a shot at the top 2 center pos because they were rookies. At least DD or Eller aren't a -19.

I'd rather go into a play offs with those 2 then having Gomez around for another season.

But according to you, it's a fluke season. Not the fact that he's older and other teams know how to shut down this 1 trick ******* down.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:10 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
he's been a minus player for about 2 weeks now. I'm guessing stamkos and Crosby shouldn't have gotten a shot at the top 2 center pos because they were rookies. At least DD or Eller aren't a -19.

I'd rather go into a play offs with those 2 then having Gomez around for another season.

But according to you, it's a fluke season. Not the fact that he's older and other teams know how to shut down this 1 trick ******* down.

yeah, comparing DD and Eller to them... how about comparing Weber to Bobby Orr while at it...

he's 31, it's not like he's 50 or something...

Old
02-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Sebaldian

Quote:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/story/?id=35...hl-maple_leafs

Old
02-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Francois Gagnon
- Habs GM Pierre Gauthier will be on board for the 9 AM charter flight for Atlanta. Dont expect a major deal from Montréal side.

lol wellp, back to bed!

Old
02-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Habman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Francois Gagnon
- Habs GM Pierre Gauthier will be on board for the 9 AM charter flight for Atlanta. Dont expect a major deal from Montréal side.

lol wellp, back to bed!

Yeah I am sure on a charter flight that there are no luxuries like internet or phone on the plane, I mean I flew with west Jet a few weeks ago and had access to both!

Habman

Old
02-28-2011, 08:17 AM
HomaridII

Forget about Weiss ..

RealKyper Nick Kypreos
Hearing now in order to drop NTC, #Panthers Weiss only willing to look @ #Leafs as possible destination. #Kings don't appear an option.

Old
02-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Belso

I woke up expecting at least a new rumor. I'm starting to think maybe it is over.. Too bad if they can't unload Gomez.

Go Habs Go!

Old
02-28-2011, 08:24 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
I woke up expecting at least a new rumor. I'm starting to think maybe it is over.. Too bad if they can't unload Gomez.

Go Habs Go!
It always starts off slow, if we do make a trade. It will probably come out of nowhere, with no one predicting it.

Old
02-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Forget about Weiss ..

RealKyper Nick Kypreos
Hearing now in order to drop NTC, #Panthers Weiss only willing to look @ #Leafs as possible destination. #Kings don't appear an option.
Done.

Old
02-28-2011, 08:35 AM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Francois Gagnon

lol wellp, back to bed!
Because he is on a charter flight, only expect minor deals?

I don't see no trades at all. Just no major deals.

Old
02-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Fredd

Renaud Lavoie's latest tweet says Gauthier is NOT on the charter leaving for Atlanta. Instead, he is working the phones trying to improve the club.

Closed Thread