HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Artem Anisimov

Old
03-20-2011, 02:20 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
Since the trade deadline:

Artem Anisimov:

9 Gms: 5 G, 5 A, 10 Pnts, 8 PIM, 25 SOG

Yeah, involved. Think being traded had him worried? He is playing awesome right now. Shades of how Dubi stepped up another level late last year.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 02:34 PM
The Fuhr*

He looks so good out there... does everything

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Suddenly very quiet on the Anti-22 year old 2 way 40 point pivots front now.

03-20-2011, 03:00 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Suddenly very quiet on the Anti-22 year old 2 way 40 point pivots front now.
If he stays the same as he's been this year he should be our 3rd line center for years to come.

It's exciting, for lack of a better word, to think this is only his 2nd NHL season and he's only 22.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
If he stays the same as he's been this year he should be our 3rd line center for years to come.

It's exciting, for lack of a better word, to think this is only his 2nd NHL season and he's only 22.
Why can't he fill a first or second line center position with this team in the coming years? Why do people insist on limiting this guy?

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
Why can't he fill a first or second line center position with this team in the coming years? Why do people insist on limiting this guy?
I agree, Anisimov has all of the talents of a first or second line center, it's just a matter of him playing with confidence.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Tackaberry
Old School

The 22-year-old kid is good. We are lucky to have him.

Tackaberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:25 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

3rd line Center?
This kid has number 2 written all over him.
He will be a beast.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:25 PM
NY Ranger86

love watching Ani.. anyone who wanted him gone in his Soph year needs to get their head checked

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2011, 06:27 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Yea, I can definitely see how painful it is to watch a growing offensive, two-way forward with incredible skill potential. I can definitely see where the OP is coming from

03-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Vitto79

change the title to this thread please, lol........Anisimov is going to be great. Very good 2nd line C potential

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 01:33 AM
MaximusT

I'd keep the kid for his epic goal celebrations, that bow and arrow was ****ing BADASS

MaximusT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 01:46 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusT View Post
I'd keep the kid for his epic goal celebrations, that bow and arrow was ****ing BADASS
I couldn't get over how great that was.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 02:15 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 50
Sick Celly by Anisimov with the bow and arrow

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 08:13 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
3rd line Center?
He will be a beast.

Agree. 41 points in 73 games as soon to be 23 year old and still getting better. Not too shabby.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 08:31 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Great numbers from a second year player. Even better when you consider that he's averaging under 2 min of PP time per game this year.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

Now if only Dubinsky didn't have to take all his faceoffs for him...

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 09:11 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by genericnyrusername View Post
It's not a bad thing that he is a 3rd line center.

I kind of agree with the assessment.

While I like the kid and I think he's a veyr good player, I just do not see the vision it takes for him to be a legit #1 center.

I do see that vision with Stepan.

If by all accounts we are able to sign Brad Richards, then having Anisimov as the 3rd line center makes the most sense.

Not a knock, in fact it prolly provides the Rangers with some of the best depth at the position in the league. I mean, Pitt with their three guys in tops in my opinion, but the Rangers vault to the top 10 for sure and teams that are deep at center are usually the teams that contend.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Colby

He has also been very durable.

Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 10:00 AM
BobSantos

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
If by all accounts we are able to sign Brad Richards, then having Anisimov as the 3rd line center makes the most sense.
I don't see the point in shanahaning the kid.

shanahan1. n. also: Brendan Shanahan. Future Hall of Fame player drafted by the New Jersey Devils with a career spent also in Hartford, St. Louis, Detroit and New York, known for Gordie Howe hat-tricks and a hard, accurate shot. Won multiple Stanley Cups in Detroit.
shanahan2. v. to stunt a young player's growth by taking valuable ice time that would serve the young player's development: Prucha really got shanahaned there. He had to be traded.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you are in the midst of developing a 1 and 2 center (AA and Step) you don't want to stop that by taking one of the slots with a rich, multi-year FA signing that will most likely end when AA is about 30.

BobSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 10:12 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSantos View Post

shanahan1. n. also: Brendan Shanahan. Future Hall of Fame player drafted by the New Jersey Devils with a career spent also in Hartford, St. Louis, Detroit and New York, known for Gordie Howe hat-tricks and a hard, accurate shot. Won multiple Stanley Cups in Detroit.
shanahan2. v. to stunt a young player's growth by taking valuable ice time that would serve the young player's development: Prucha really got shanahaned there. He had to be traded.

I guess what I'm trying to say is if you are in the midst of developing a 1 and 2 center (AA and Step) you don't want to stop that by taking one of the slots with a rich, multi-year FA signing that will most likely end when AA is about 30.
The great thing about both Stepan and Richards is that they both can, and have, played on the wing before. Richards did so in TB with Vinny many times and Stepan did it in college a little bit, as well as a little bit this season.

If Stepan or Anisimov turn out to be a great #1-2 Richards can simply be moved to the wing and the Rangers can solve a VERY good problem very simply.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 10:12 AM
allstar3970

Quote:

Seriously? Still complaining about Prucha being held back? I think he's proven that he was more of a flash in the pan than anything.

AA/Step still are only 40 point centers. I look forward to their development into something more, but counting on them to be a 1/2 scoring punch for the sake of development would only make sense if we were in a full rebuild mode expecting to be in last place. We are not this year, and won't be the next few years for sure. (especially with Hank in his prime) If/when they do develop further offensively it'll be a nice problem to have 3 talented centers who can put up points.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Gardner McKay
What a time

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
3rd line Center?
He will be a beast.
While I couldn't agree more, if we sign Richards... does that mean Stepan gets bumped down to the third line?

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolskii View Post
While I couldn't agree more, if we sign Richards... does that mean Stepan gets bumped down to the third line?
Stepan is on the 4th line right now and it hasn't been hampering his play that much.

We have the forward depth now to be a "4 line team" that doesn't necessarily mean Torts will play all 4 evenly on a gamely basis. I'm okay with a few players each game losing a little ice time if it means fielding the very best possible lineup, while continuing to be a young team.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 11:02 AM
pld459666

Quote:

Not really sure that I see the connection.

Prucha had a decent season, but he is today what he was going to be wether he got Shanahaned or not.

With the wing depth that the Rangers are going to have, both Anisimov are going to play enough minutes with quality linemates where their developement is going to be stunted at all.

And if you can advance their development by adding a top notch center like Richards you do that and hope that they learn from him.

As mentioned above, should they advance enough in their development, then you solve that issue by moving Brad to wing which he has played in his career.

The fixation of going with youth at the expense of improving the team as a whole is one I will never buy into. Not every prospect will develope into an elite level player and when you can add one (elite level player) while not giving up anything significant and it makes your team better, you do it and worry about the rest later.

Richards doesn't block Step or Arty, does it regulate Boyle to the 4th line? Yeah, so?

More than likely it spells the end of the line for someone like Avery or Prospal or EC or Feds

No harm, no foul.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote