HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

All Things Artem Anisimov

Old
03-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Ranger109

vCash: 500
I love his scoring, hate his shooting. I hate the toe drag shot, he always takes so long! So frustrating.

On a side note, Prucha was my favorite player at the time. I miss him, those were fun years.

Ranger109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 07:05 PM
The Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
I'm just amazed how some fans who supposedly watch a lot of Rangers games understand nothing about development and can't recognize a gem of a home-grown talent developing in front of them.
This really sums it up well.

Also offthecrossbar's comments in a previous reply were spot on. Props to nyr2k2 as well

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

I'll admit as soon as I posted this Arty has played more himself. Maybe he is a lurker. Either way I am happy to see something clicking with him. I still wish he would add more ferociousness to his game though, maybe it will come.
The nights he takes off are frustrating because the nights he plays well are so rewarding.

That being said a strong comparison between Prucha and Arty is that they both are prone to get freaking nailed. its about once a game I cringe recognizing that he is about to be flattened in an open ice situation. He needs to keep his head up more or he is bound for injury. Come playoff time, people will be less forgiving.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

That being said Arty will never be one of my favorite rangers, I like the american style - grunge hockey - way more then Euro style. Cally Dubi FTW! Hustle!

Old
03-06-2011, 08:18 PM
bmw2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
That being said Arty will never be one of my favorite rangers, I like the american style - grunge hockey - way more then Euro style. Cally Dubi FTW! Hustle!
Maybe it has something to do with you being an american. Ahh?

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Most of the time Anisimov goes straight for the net even knowing he will get hit hard. He doesn't play perimeter European style.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 08:21 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Quote:
So you don't like our Canadian shutdown guy, swedish team backbone, and our Slovakian sniper

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
Most of the time Anisimov goes straight for the net even knowing he will get hit hard. He doesn't play perimeter European style.
Come on, lets not compare going to the net Arty with going to the Net Dubi Cally or Boyle.

Yes I am american and I like the American style, because no matter your skill level the American system always makes an impact in the game. All it takes is heart, and for that Dubi and Cally lead the league.

Cally + Dubi = NYR

the come our other guys

Old
03-06-2011, 08:29 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Come on, lets not compare going to the net Arty with going to the Net Dubi Cally or Boyle.

Yes I am american and I like the American style, because no matter your skill level the American system always makes an impact in the game. All it takes is heart, and for that Dubi and Cally lead the league.

Cally + Dubi = NYR

the come our other guys
Don't necessarily agree with that.
Staal and Lundqvist are just as big if not a more important part of the team, especially Lundqvist.

Callahan is a great leader though, and crucial to our success.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 08:34 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
But Arty DOES play a very NA style, past his dangling!

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Rangers44*

Quote:

Cally + Dubi = NYR

the come our other guys
Actually I think he goes to the net maybe more often than those players because he knows his size and reach are his assets and he has to go to the net.

Dubinsky usually looks for a pass first.

Callahan does not have the stickhandling and reach.

Boyle doesn't have the quickness and stickhandling.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Wow you guys really over value this guy.

Hes just around an average NHLer.

And don't say Dubi and Cally and Boyle don't go to the net. Wow!

Old
03-06-2011, 08:47 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:

There's just nothing else to say. Several people told you why you were wrong, yet you continue to just say "lol you over value hiM!".

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Its called agenda posting, and it is relatively common.

Irregardless, biases are what they are. I like our American kids, especially out of the NCAA, but to be honest I rarely even think about nationality unless there is an international tourney going on.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 08:52 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Its called agenda posting, and it is relatively common.

Irregardless, biases are what they are. I like our American kids, especially out of the NCAA, but to be honest I rarely even think about nationality unless there is an international tourney going on.
It's one of the reasons the board can't live up to it's potential.

Old
03-06-2011, 08:55 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:

Cally + Dubi = NYR

the come our other guys
Whatever that means. I guess the only European players to make an impact are the ones with the skill. It's not like Tomas Holmstrom has made an impact in the NHL. Or Vladimir Konstantinov, or Bobby Holik, or Sergei Nemchinov, or Anton Volchenkov, or Niklas Kronwall, or Ruslan Fedotenko...

But, hey, at least you have one point. When it comes to skill, which I'd say is probably the most valuable attribute in the sport, just look at who outnumbers who among the league leaders.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

No it's called fan boy posting.

I am being told that boyle, dubi and (mind blown) cally don't go the net as much as arty.

I am being told arty is so amazing two ways but he hasnt missed a game and has less points then his less talented teammates who have missed a few dozen games then him on a team with no 30 goal scores. He is luck to be the 5th forward on the pp so he trumped there.

And I am the one answering questions? I feel like hitchens at temple.

I mean for his role he is just average.

We should be more excited about 22 and 27 and how they have been playing. But they weren't drafted here

People just love him because

Old
03-06-2011, 09:15 PM
asparkoflife

Quote:

How is he overvalued? He's our best defensive forward, has already passed last years scoring by 7 points after 68 games, has started to utilize his size and reach, oh.... and is only 22 years old.

Definitely overvalued.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:19 PM
asparkoflife

Quote:
No it's called fan boy posting.

I am being told that boyle, dubi and (mind blown) cally don't go the net as much as arty.

I am being told arty is so amazing two ways but he hasnt missed a game and has less points then his less talented teammates who have missed a few dozen games then him on a team with no 30 goal scores. He is luck to be the 5th forward on the pp so he trumped there.

And I am the one answering questions? I feel like hitchens at temple.

I mean for his role he is just average.

We should be more excited about 22 and 27 and how they have been playing. But they weren't drafted here

People just love him because
You're blatantly american Biased. which I dont understand

Anisimov DOES go to the net more. Dubinsky is a playmaking type and Callahan does get in front but isn't parked in front as much as AA. If you WATCH ranger games you can see he is ALWAYS in front of the net.

Brian Boyle is a 3rd-4th Line Center. Anisimov has outscored him this year, is better defensively, and is much younger than him, yet you make the case that Boyle is better?

No one is saying they arent excited about boyle or McDonagh, and them not being drafted here has NOTHING to do with it. I think mcDonagh has gotten more praise the last 20 games than anyone and Brian Boyle has HIS OWN STINKING THREAD entitled Brian "Gretzky" Boyle. so dont say BB hasn't gotten his fair share of praise.

Old
03-06-2011, 09:27 PM
NikC

people forget that when cally, duby, were being integrated into the lineup they weren't always noticeable, game to game. I remind myself of this. Anisimov is starting to come on, and he can only get better.

Next, year more muscle, more confidence... 25+ goals imo.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:29 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
people forget that when cally, duby, were being integrated into the lineup they weren't always noticeable, game to game. I remind myself of this. Anisimov is starting to come on, and he can only get better.

This.

He has the shot and smarts to get to that number. If he adds muscle, he'll go into the "dominant at times" category.

Old
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prusted View Post
How is he overvalued? He's our best defensive forward, has already passed last years scoring by 7 points after 68 games, has started to utilize his size and reach, oh.... and is only 22 years old.

Definitely overvalued.

Mind Absolutely Blown:

When i look on the roster I see Ryan Callahan. Who was drafted for the USA olympics to be a defensive forward against the greatest players in the world. Who pierre mcguire and eddy O said a few games ago "is the best penalty killer in the league" and somehow ARTY is our best defensive forward? WHAT!?

This is what I mean, blatant overhype of this guy.

Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post

People also tend to clump them into the same generation, which they are not. Anisimov is 22. Callahan and Dubi are 25 and 24. Artem is in his 2nd year. Cally and Dubi are in their 4th.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:31 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
People also tend to clump them into the same generation, which they are not. Anisimov is 22. Callahan and Dubi are 25 and 24. Artem is in his 2nd year. Cally and Dubi are in their 4th.
yes that's true as well.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:34 PM
asparkoflife

Quote:
Mind Absolutely Blown:

When i look on the roster I see Ryan Callahan. Who was drafted for the USA olympics to be a defensive forward against the greatest players in the world. Who pierre mcguire and eddy O said a few games ago "is the best penalty killer in the league" and somehow ARTY is our best defensive forward? WHAT!?

This is what I mean, blatant overhype of this guy.
Best Penalty Killer and best defensive forward are two different things.

You obviously are more stubborn than a rock. You obviously don't watch the games or have any idea how hockey is played. Artem Anisimov IS the teams best defensive forward. He is always first on the backcheck, and knows exactly where to be in his own zone at all times.

You're delusional. I dont know how many times it has to be said. NO ONE IS DISCREDITING OUR AMERICAN PLAYERS. You just have some sort of European/russian Bias that blinds you from commons sense.